• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said don't reply to me since you were rude to me in a previous post.

I don't why they chose to release this pokemon but it seems likely that gen 6 is coming to a close otherwise we would of got Z or whatever it is called by now.

Oh, you mean like how you've been rude to everyone here since you signed up? Sure thing!

But since you love logic so much... Here's some for you as my parting words.

Blue - Kanto's 3rd version - 1996
Crystal - Johto's 3rd version - 2000
Emerald - Hoenn's 3rd version - 2004
Platinum - Sinnoh's 3rd version - 2008
Black 2/White 2 - Unova's 3rd installment - 2012
??? - Kalos' 3rd version - 2016

You can rest easy because Generation 6 is not going anywhere. Not anytime soon. So stop complaining about how Z hasn't been announced yet and ruining everyone's good time over Generation 6.5's reveal. ;)

Oh, you mean like how you've been rude to everyone here since you signed up? Sure thing!

But since you love logic so much... Here's some for you as my parting words.

Blue - Kanto's 3rd version - 1996
Crystal - Johto's 3rd version - 2000
Emerald - Hoenn's 3rd version - 2004
Platinum - Sinnoh's 3rd version - 2008
Black 2/White 2 - Unova's 3rd installment - 2012
??? - Kalos' 3rd version - 2016

You can rest easy because Generation 6 is not going anywhere. Not anytime soon. So stop complaining about how Z hasn't been announced yet and ruining everyone's good time over Generation 6.5's reveal. ;)

No, I wasn't. I was being logical when it came to the next pokemon game. It was you who started having a go at me. Even if gen 6.5 comes, how exactly are they going to do it when it is not compatible with XY and ORAS?

You are aware some Megas in ORAS aren't compatible with XY, right? And that the Therian formes in BW2 were incompatible with BW? It's honestly not *that* different to introduce a whole new Pokemon mid-generation that cannot travel to the other games. It feels like they've been testing the water for it, looking back.

I'm not saying gen 6.5 is a definite thing, but peronally, right now, I'm finding it more believable than simply skipping over Zygarde straight to Gen 7 AND Gen 7 being on the 3DS.

Even if gen 6.5 comes, how exactly are they going to do it when it is not compatible with XY and ORAS?

And how do you know that? Masuda confirmed there wouldn't be a patch linking X/Y to OR/AS. Never said anything about any possible future games in 6th generation. And even if they aren't, then OR/AS will become obsolete just like X/Y did. Doesn't take away any of the gameplay value from it whatsoever.

He's easily the worst member here. Sad part is, once the mods come around and delete these posts and hand out some warning points, they will do nothing with shitposting Alex over here, in the name of activity.

All activity is good activity, right Figment?

Alexander, it's a public forum. Anyone can reply to you if you post here. That is literally the point of a forum. If you don't want to see a certain person's posts, just block them and move on. There's no need to resort to childish 'I'm not speaking to YOU' comments.

Yeah, the one thing holding me back from thinking Magiana is Gen 7, and making me lean toward Gen 6.5, is that I just don't see Gen 7 happening on the 3DS. And as said above, as far as we know the NX isn't anywhere near ready to be released. We'd surely have heard more hype about it if it was coming this soon.
Gen 6.5 with Gen 7 on NX in 2018. It lets GF buy time for the nx, and give us something new. Also, Gen 7 in say, Early 2018, around April-May, would not be so far off from a November 2017 release, which would be the normal time to expected it to come. Announcing it in November as well would give the Gen 6.5 Pokemon a good year or so of breathing room, which is sufficient enough if its a small batxh of 20-30. And yeah, I just xan't see Gen 7 on the 3DS. Nintendo is going ro want to avoid a BW situation sgain no matter what. But having a mythical almost 2 years out from Gen 7s actual launch, with a 3rd Game/Sequel for Gen 6 in the middle, is also a completely illogical thing to consider.

No, I wasn't. I was being logical when it came to the next pokemon game. It was you who started having a go at me. Even if gen 6.5 comes, how exactly are they going to do it when it is not compatible with XY and ORAS?

Do you not see the absurdity that less than 12 hours ago you were arguing in favour of something stating it was pretty much fact, by pure virtue of being what you deemed logical, now 12 hours later you've completely abandoned that position, and arguing a different one, and once again, stating it with such certainty and saying you're backed up by logic?

He's easily the worst member here. Sad part is, once the mods come around and delete these posts and hand out some warning points, they will do nothing with shitposting Alex over here, in the name of activity.

In fairness he isn't the worst, I can think of 2 others who are far ruder

Gen 6.5 with Gen 7 on NX in 2018. It lets GF buy time for the nx, and give us something new. Also, Gen 7 in say, Early 2018, around April-May, would not be so far off from a November 2017 release, which would be the normal time to expected it to come. Announcing it in November as well would give the Gen 6.5 Pokemon a good year or so of breathing room, which is sufficient enough if its a small batxh of 20-30. And yeah, I just xan't see Gen 7 on the 3DS. Nintendo is going ro want to avoid a BW situation sgain no matter what. But having a mythical almost 2 years out from Gen 7s actual launch, with a 3rd Game/Sequel for Gen 6 in the middle, is also a completely illogical thing to consider.

I'd definitely say that right now is way too early for Gen. 7, if only because of the fact that Masuda seems to want games on the NX. The NX won't even come out till like next year, I believe. It's still in the prototype stages. There's no way Gen. 7 could come this year, meaning that any game this year has to be a conclusion to Generation 6.

Do you not see the absurdity that less than 12 hours ago you were arguing in favour of something stating it was pretty much fact, by pure virtue of being what you deemed logical, now 12 hours later you've completely abandoned that position, and arguing a different one, and once again, stating it with such certainty and saying you're backed up by logic?

I'm sorry but that is kind of who I am. I have Aspergus and have a difficult time socializing with people. Fine, I give gen 6.5 a go if it happens, I be ok if gen 7 happens or be ok with one more gen 6 game. I apologise if I annoyed a lot of users here and try my best to not start arguments. Anyway, this new pokemon looks more interesting now that I finally decide to give it a chance. I wonder what it has in common with Volcanion or not at all?

Pokemon Sentai Kalosenger. People always assumed its Digimon they were aiming for, but its actually a Tokuhatsu series they want to make.

Seriously though, is a brilliant idea. Volcanion the Steam Pokemon and Magiana the Gear Pokemon team up for a steampunk duo.

I'd definitely say that right now is way too early for Gen. 7, if only because of the fact that Masuda seems to want games on the NX. The NX won't even come out till like next year, I believe. It's still in the prototype stages. There's no way Gen. 7 could come this year, meaning that any game this year has to be a conclusion to Generation 6.
NX has all but been confirmed to be a product of the next fiscal year, ie up to March 2017. What comes firdt, the handhled or the console, thas's unknown and will likely be a case of one following the other. In the end it doesn't matter, NX devkits have only been sent out a couple of months ago. 2016 is unfeasible, but 2017 could be done if GF tries I believe. If we ignored this fact, sure you could argue 3DS is gonna be the platform for gen 7,but that isn't the case. Which is why I want to see how this all gets handled, as I doubt GF would go for 2 down time years.

Last edited:

THat's why you take screenshots, to commemorate those special moments, and the posts that make you laugh, and have them to cherish long after they are gone

I'm sorry but that is kind of who I am. I have Aspergus and have a difficult time socializing with people. Fine, I give gen 6.5 a go if it happens, I be ok if gen 7 happens or be ok with one more gen 6 game. I apologise if I annoyed a lot of users here and try my best to not start arguments. Anyway, this new pokemon looks more interesting now that I finally decide to give it a chance. I wonder what it has in common with Volcanion or not at all?

I absolutely hate it when people use their mental disorders as an excuse to be rude. I also have Asperger Syndrome, just like you. Mine is so bad to the point where I'm practically catatonic most of the time in real life. I still have enough common sense to know not to constantly be rude and disrespectful to people unless they're rude to me. Self-respect and accountability. Get some.

I absolutely hate it when people use their mental disorders as an excuse to be rude. I also have Asperger Syndrome, just like you. Mine is so bad to the point where I'm practically catatonic most of the time in real life. I still have enough common sense to know not to constantly be rude and disrespectful to people unless they're rude to me. Self-respect and accountability. Get some.

Ouch, I had apologise and I end up getting attacked again... I wasn't been rude or disrepectful, I was trying to being logical about the games. I do not use my condition as an excuse and I appreciate if you don't take that tone with me.

Anyway, whatever this new pokemon would bring, I would like to see it. I hear that it might be steel/fairy combo.

Ouch, I had apologise and I end up getting attacked again... I wasn't been rude or disrepectful, I was trying to being logical about the games. I do not use my condition as an excuse and I appreciate if you don't take that tone with me.

Anyway, whatever this new pokemon would bring, I would like to see it. I hear that it might be steel/fairy combo.

You weren't apologizing, you were making excuses. And you're always rude to everyone else, using logic or not. Which by the way, you don't. If you were logical, you'd see that things are not following the typical patterns this generation and you'd be more open to new ideas. You wouldn't be shutting down everyone's theories on Gen. 7 or Gen. 6.5 with "it hasn't been done yet, so it's not going to happen".

And you literally said not three pages ago "I'm not using this Pokémon because it's Gen. 6.5 and it's ruined Gen. 6 for me", but now you'd "like to see whatever this new Pokémon would bring"? What kind of turnaround?

You weren't apologizing, you were making excuses. And you're always rude to everyone else, using logic or not. Which by the way, you don't. If you were logical, you'd see that things are not following the typical patterns this generation and you'd be more open to new ideas. You wouldn't be shutting down everyone's theories on Gen. 7 or Gen. 6.5 with "it hasn't been done yet, so it's not going to happen".

And you literally said not three pages ago "I'm not using this Pokémon because it's Gen. 6.5 and it's ruined Gen. 6 for me", but now you'd "like to see whatever this new Pokémon would bring"? What kind of turnaround?

No I wasn't making excuses or being rude. Stop having a go at me and leave me alone please. You are the one being rude and I have owned up to my mistakes.
If you are going to bully me, then don't reply because I don't appreciate it.

Anyway, I have decided to be open minded with gen 6.5, 7 or another gen 6 game and await the next pokemon game.

Alexander, I get the impression you don't mean to be disrespectful but that's how it's coming off. I think people would be less abrasive towards you if your posts didn't come off as so abrasive to them.

For example, when someone posts an opinion you disagree with, instead of replying 'no that's not going to happen' you could simply say 'I disagree, here's why...' There is a big difference between opinion and fact. We as fans are in the dark a lot of the time as to what GF is thinking - now is a great example! If you go around declaring things as if you know it for certain like 'you're wrong that won't happen' or 'they will definitely do this because it's logical', it can rub people the wrong way because none of us know it for certain...unless you're an undercover operative for Gamefreak :p

Also, you keep citing 'logic' as back up for your opinions. But you seem to be confusing pattern with logic. Gamefreak love to create patterns and then break them - just look at how they shook up the expected 3rd version with sequels for BW. The only thing you can ever predict about GF is that they're a bit unpredictable! So true logic surely dictates that while you can rule out some things as improbable, there is no way to know if they're impossible.

As for Magiana (I still want to type "Mangina" and fear I will until this thing's English name comes out) I kind of see how it could piggyback onto Volcanion, but even if it does it's likely an anime-only power up type of thing, because how would merging them work in game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom