• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call the police and firemen
giphy.gif

this thread is on fiyaaaaaaaaah!!!!!
wlwKKA.gif

BACK ON TOPIC:
I'm curious if the New 3DS will fix the atrocious lag on horde battles...

Ok this were certainly NOT the news I was expecting
a) I don't really like the new pokemon. It looks way tooo much like a Steel Diancie. Like, it screams Steel/Fairy Diancie rehash. Also the name is less than ideal. I thought it was just me when I saw the name, but it's comforting to see other people had the same problem with the name (Yes, my mind also goes to that word). Please change it.

b) I doubt this is a Gen VII pokemon. I don't believe it'd be out this year, because I can't see a whole new gen on the 3DS. That's like a whole 3-4 years on a console that is on its last legs. And that doesn't seem to make sense.

c) I just want my Zygarde game. It doesn't make sense to hype it for months only for it to end in a tv screen. What's the point of designing, promoting and hyping Zygarde and its formes for months and not have them even appear in a game? let alone get spotlight in the game like Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem did.

d) so is it confirmed this is a Mythical? It must be for a new game. I don't really see the point in keeping all the games uncompatible, but whatever, it's not the first time they've done it.

You know... Magiana makes me think of that old Greek Legend, of the man that sculptured a woman and ended up breathing life into it via from a goddess (Though I can't remember which one). I believe the statue had been Galatea? It's making me think of that.

At the moment I'm settling in between Gen 6.5 and Gen 7. It depends on what's profitable for them, while I'd be disappointed by Zygard being on the TV show only and moving onto the next region; which could end up merely it being a continuation similar to the JohtoxKanto aspect, I can somewhat understand why? That aside none of us know what's going on.

Hopefully we'll get more info soon.

Masuda: My brand-NEW POKEMANZ!! Let me show you it!

Poke-fandom: *screaming and crying*

Hold on to your seat belts and your eyeballs, because I have a strong feeling in the Force that we're gonna hear a game announcement in the coming days.

P.S. Where on Serebii does it say Magiana is a Mythical? It doesn't say that anywhere on the front page...

HOW COULD THEY POSSIBLY THINK VULGINA IS A GOOD NAME, OH LAWD?!

I hope Magiana does in fact get translated as (Deus Ex) Machiana, 'cause legends almost never get different names.

Call the police and firemen
giphy.gif

this thread is on fiyaaaaaaaaah!!!!!
wlwKKA.gif

BACK ON TOPIC:
I'm curious if the New 3DS will fix the atrocious lag on horde battles...

We're burning up, burning up for this news.

You know... Magiana makes me think of that old Greek Legend, of the man that sculptured a woman and ended up breathing life into it via from a goddess (Though I can't remember which one). I believe the statue had been Galatea? It's making me think of that.

At the moment I'm settling in between Gen 6.5 and Gen 7. It depends on what's profitable for them, while I'd be disappointed by Zygard being on the TV show only and moving onto the next region; which could end up merely it being a continuation similar to the JohtoxKanto aspect, I can somewhat understand why? That aside none of us know what's going on.

Pygmalion. He created a statue and fell madly in love with her. To the point of almost dying of starvation because he couldn't bear to leave its side. After praying to the goddess Aphrodite (goddess of love), the statue came to life and they lived happily ever after. In some later versions of the tale, the statue was named Galatea.

HOW COULD THEY POSSIBLY THINK VULGINA IS A GOOD NAME, OH LAWD?!

This is the same franchise that thought Jynx was a good idea, and Yuri Geller tried to sue them after he discovered Kadabra's Japanese name, Yungerer.

They also have a Pokemon named Freezer in Japanese lmao (Articuno). At this point, anything goes.

We're burning up, burning up for this news.

This song is too perfect to not post.

Welp if DP remakes aren't next, then what is Nintendo, 7th gen? Its a bit weird to me a new unknown pokemon got confermed over EF Floette.

But ether way, this makes me VERY happy (Still getting Fates, sorry Pokemon, you still fail me a little)

I can't find the mythical confirmation on serebii or either twitter (though I'm notoriously bad at navigating the damn site). Can somebody send a link pls? Put me out of my misery.

This is the same franchise that thought Jynx was a good idea, and Yuri Geller tried to sue them after he discovered Kadabra's Japanese name, Yungerer.

They also have a Pokemon named Freezer in Japanese lmao (Articuno). At this point, anything goes.

This song is too perfect to not post.

Yeah, their names are pretty crazy. Although I'm one of the rare few that think Jynx was ganguro-based with some Nordic goddess Hel (the inspiration for perfect Zygarde, btw) thrown in for good measure. And then of course Kadabra is just an homage, he was just butthurt that he couldn't make money off of it.

Though... This is the song I had in mind.

Galatea is the girl, and Pygmalion the sculptor... Would be pretty nice if the pokemon story is based on the myth. xD
Maybe Zygard appear on the next region, if it's a Kalos sequel. Anyway, 7 gen or 6.5, they woudn't hint Zygard forms for nothing

Hi everybody!!!!! I MISSED THE HYPE TRAIN!!! (Sometimes I hate being so forgetful, I lost my phone for two days).
I'm sooooo soooo hyped for Magiana (heh, it sounds like Magician, if I ever have one, I'll name her Hermione), and dat picture of Volcanion and Magiana fusing is just the epitome of pure epicness. I just feel my insides burning up from anxiety!!!!! HYYYYYYPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
With Zygarde, Volcanion, and Magiana (hehe, punny name, my mates would joke about it) I just feel like BOOM! in every single way. Get me on the Gen 6.5 car, we're getting a game no matter what! (imo).
Thank for reading, I'm slowly driving myself to Poké-madness!

Honest to god, I hope they get their crap straight on whether it's a Mythical or not. One site saying it is and the other site not saying anything at all is going to cause confusion.

But going off on that it is a Mythical... is this the first time that 2 Mythical Pokemon have starred in a movie side-by-side?

NEW POKEMON + 20TH ANNIVERSARY= MY CLEAR BODY IS READY.

Imagine if Masuda trolled us in the following way:

We start the game at Vaniville town, as expected. We go out from Vaniville Town to Aquacorde. And just before we get there Hoopa appears and pushes the player through one of its rings, and teleports the player to Unova. Boom. Unova revisit.

Level of trolling: Masuda level.

It seems like these two will connect to each other to make a new form so GF's little secret has been figured out imo. The only question is where all this leads in regards to the games themselves

I decided to go on the gen 6.5 or gen 7 station because I rather just go with flow. Is this the only corocoro news or is there more?

^There could potentially be more Coro Coro news. These are only the initial leaks, as far as I know. There could mayyyybeeee be another page or two with more? But we won't know for sure probably for a few days.

Long story short - YAAAASSSSSSS NEW POKEMON HYPE!!!

When I got an update on Magiana this morning, I was leaving class and I immediately got so pumped inside. I have so many things I could say about this, I don't know where to start. Can't stay long though, I have a paper to write XD

So, to start, Magiana looks pretty cool. I think the typing is almost definitely Steel/Fairy. I believe it's going to have a tie-in with Diancie and Carbink. I mean, come on. It looks just like a Diancie got messed with by a mechanical engineer. I think the implied Diancie-Carbink connection was very on-purpose, and Magiana is going to have a very similar connection with them both.

In addition, that sketch of Magiana combining with Volcanion is really selling it to me. I think that's a mind-blowing correct answer. Looks like it could work perfectly, looks like the designs were already very intentional and planned, and it gives a stronger connection between the two for the movie.

Now, regarding whether this is gonna be VI, VI.5, or VII, I know for sure what I believe: VI.5. It just makes too much sense. It's too soon for Gen VII, for sure. They won't want another BW situation with console release discrepancies. That's a real-world evaluation. As for its design, it screams Kalos. Especially its obvious similarity to Diancie. It's just too reminiscent to not be connected somehow, at least implied. Same big red eyes, same design idea of having a heaver bottom half, blah blah blah, just look at them side by side! Magiana is the mechanical sister XD Plus, the seemingly strong connection between Volcanion and Magiana also of course implies Kalos. I could go on and on, but a lot of these VI.5 arguments have been talked about already, what with it being too early for Gen VII in general, not to mention the lack of completeness for Gen VI, and so on.

So, VI.5 is definitely what I am thinking is coming. We get a Southern Kalos expansion (size can be argued. I'd think maybe half the size of original Kalos? Could easily be off), around maybe 30-40 new Pokemon, 15-25 new Megas, and other new stuff. Proud to say I started supporting Gen VI.5 almost as far back as when XY were released haha. Though the last several months I had begun to doubt that and move away from it. Now, I can't really see anything different happening. This could be the hype talking, but VI.5 officially has what could be serious evidence and I believe it.

Thanks for reading! This is all just my opinion and speculation of course haha. Can't wait for the new game announcement!! I'm personally expecting a new pair for VI.5 (rather than just one, and I have a feeling those purple and orange cores on Perfect Zygarde suggest this further), announced between now and March, and releasing anytime between June and like October (please June, please June). I'm thinking maybe Pokemon A Version and Pokemon Z Version. Sounds perfect to me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom