• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But going off on that it is a Mythical... is this the first time that 2 Mythical Pokemon have starred in a movie side-by-side?

Yep. Counting just the mythicals (and only in their first movie appearance)

M01 = Mew only
M04 = Celebi only
M06 = Jirachi only
M07 = Deoxys only
M09 = Manaphy only
M10 = Darkrai only
M11 = Shaymin only
M12 = Arceus only
M14/14.5 = Victini only
M15 = Keldeo only
M16 = Genesect only
--- Meloetta is so far the only Mythical to not get a starring role in a movie, though she did get that anime arc and the short. If Phione is counted, then he's only gotten a stand-alone episode. ---
M17 = Diancie only
M18 = Hoopa only
M19 = Volcanion AND Magiana

That is insane and unprecedented.

Well technically movie 18 is Hoopa and Arceus. Yes the movie had every legendary under the sun, but Arceus was promoted as much as Hoopa, and had its own event in the theaters. The real queetion to ask is, has there ever been apvie DEBUTING two mythicals? And there the answer is no, 2 mythicals starring and debuting in a movie together is completely bizzare.

Well technically movie 18 is Hoopa and Arceus. Yes the movie had every legendary under the sun, but Arceus was promoted as much as Hoopa, and had its own event in the theaters. The real queetion to ask is, has there ever been apvie DEBUTING two mythicals? And there the answer is no, 2 mythicals starring and debuting in a movie together is completely bizzare.

I know Arceus got a distribution, but it was in the movie for under 5 seconds!

Don't know what to make of all this, but I'm glad GF finally gave us something after leaving us hanging for almost a year.

Movie poster.

Ca54TlwUYAQJ9j-.jpg

Imo that sketch of Magiana and Volcanion connecting is reaching. The opening on Magiana's body doesn't really match with Volcanion's pyramid-like hump. Magiana is blocking Volcanion's cannons with its arms. It just doesn't make sense and I don't really see what purpose a fusion like that would serve either.

So I went to view videos of the 2 Volcanion events taking place, in XY and ORAS.

The first thing I noticed, was that in ORAS, he refers to you being a trainer who "not only found Volcanion but captured it as well" that struck me as odd, because with these mythicals you don't catch them, they are just handed to you the Diancie and Hoopa events don't refer to you as having found and captured them. Volcanion, hasn't been given any distribution info, the reveal video didn't even mention it being obtainable with XY/ORAS like Hoopa and Diancie did. Also for the entire year we have event distributions of past mythicals. Can they do multiple mythical distributions at once? Has this ever happened before? If it came in say May, you'd be getting Manaphy and Volcanion wouldn't that be confusing? So what if Volcanion isn;t distributed but is in an in game catchable event in the next game?

Secondly, both events mention Volcanion having this power to create "huge explosions" and flatten entire mountain ranges. Now the Volcanion we know atm, just doesnt look like it could do that, even with it's arms on its back. They just look a bit flimsy. I can't picture it flattening a whole mountain range as it currently is. And then I noticed, when they mention the fog, they specifically mention "the arms on its back can create a huge fog" but when it comes to the explosions, it doesn't actually mention the arms at all. It just says Volcanion can make explosions.

This brings me onto the videos. The guy says he shows you videos, and yet there is no footage, we don't see Volcanion pulling off these feats. Why can't we? We have the Pokemon already, and you're handing us tapes, why can't we see any actual visuals? I always assumed this was evidence for a Primal. That Primal Volcanion would look a bit more powerful. But now I think of Magiana and that drawing. What if Magiana on Volcanion's back is like a giant cannon, from the Pokeball opening part, or the Red/Blue chest plate, it can fire these powerful explosions.

They mention Volcanion must have an artificial organ, not possible in normal Pokemon ecology, well we know Magiana is man made, so what if Magiana, is that non ecological, explosive organ. Almost similar to Plasma putting the Cannon on Genesects back, but this time, the Cannon is actually alive (sort of)

Finally, we are told, in the Southern part of Kalos, (they actually mention, the southern part of kalos) there is a group of people who revere Volcanion as a nation builder (Kingdom of Azoth???) Now they mention Volcanion created the plain where they live, well where is this plain? During these reports, several places are mentioned that you can actually visit in Johto, Sinnoh, and Kalos, every where is visitable apart from this plain in southern kalos that reveres Volcanion. Why is that?

Last edited:
A new fusion perhaps? And maybe, just maybe, both obtainable in-game? Might be a stretch, but aye.

I spy a shiny mega gardevoir...will we get a nice shiny distribution for the movie?????
....oh...hey there shiny mega gengar....I already have one of you from that last distribution, but I am always happy with having another!

During these reports, several places are mentioned that you can actually visit in Johto, Sinnoh, and Kalos, every where is visitable apart from this plain in southern kalos that reveres Volcanion. Why is that?
Kiloude City seems to be surrounded by a plain, especially with the Friend Safari.

The ORAS event does mention three unseen locations:

1. Swamplands in Kalos
2. Unotuched woodlands in Sinnoh
3. A desert island in Johto

Unless you think all of these are going to be included in the next games, it's just trivia. We have yet to see Hoopa's habitat which was referenced in XY.

Mitchman said:
It comes from a certain FIELD.
It says that that it is the first Pokemon in a certain field, and you can be very sure that the Japanese word used isn't the same as the one for field. You only need to look at Magiana to tell that it doesn't live in a plain.

@!Z!: though i think some of that could be attributed to flavor text? Arcanine can run 6,200 miles in a day and yet it is slower than Dodrio who can only run up to 40 MPH? Espurr not only cannot control its power, but its power can decimate anything within 300 feet.....and yet it has the same special attack as Purugly. so i honestly don't really think the 'how could it's garden hoses destroy mountains' argument really works.

as for southern kalos: take a gander at the art for Kalos. notice anything interesting? Coastal area? flanked by some mountains. Mountain area? mountains. hell, even the Pokemon League is within a small mountain range. like, what if southern Kalos is literally just the southern portion of Kalos, say, any city south Lumiose. hell, even Kiloude City is located in a plain surrounded by mountains. (not to mention the fact that shining example of southern Kalosian life.....it is literally located what would have to be just as far north as possible.)

and silktree beat me by a couple of seconds on unvisitable areas anyways

Kiloude City seems to be surrounded by a plain, especially with the Friend Safari.

The ORAS event dooes mention three unseen locations:

1. Swamplands in Kalos
2. Unotuched woodlands in Sinnoh
3. A desert island in Johto

Unless you think all of these are going to be included in the next games, it's just trivia.

1. Kalos Route 14
2. Sinnoh Route 10/Eterna Forest
3. Cianwood/ Whirl Islands

@godiego Flavor text is the bizarre stuff in the Pokedex, that's always been crazy since Gen 1, these are 2 in game events, one of which involves a member of the Battle Frontier actually stating these things.

Fine.

You mean Route 210? What's "untouched" or "woodlands" about it?
Route 210 has the fog (is also kinda woody) but if the woods and the foggy is the same place then yeah Eterna forrest which I added but perhaps after you had clicked reply.
That is no desert island.

It's practically deserted, remember they went on this excursion years ago, and the bit to the West added in HGSS definitely lookes like it could have been carved out by Volcanion. Or yeah, Whirl Islands.

Also just to add to my theory about Magiana being the non ecological explosive organ of Volcanion

According to Pokebeach... "It has a round, metallic body with tricky machinery inside. There’s apparently a secret hidden within its body that only Volcanion knows about."

because it would be like making a DSi exclusive game. why make a New 3DS game when you can make a 3DS game (albeit perhaps an enhanced experience on the 3ds)?
But wasn't 5th gen was made to take advantage of DSi's features?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom