• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If field isn'tnthe geographical definiton used, I wonder what they could mean then. Does it have to do with a new gameplay mechanic? A new subset of Pokemon, like sound, which has some exclusive moves and such?

Route 210 has the fog (is also kinda woody) but if the woods and the foggy is the same place then yeah Eterna forrest which I added but perhaps after you had clicked reply.
Again, these places are not untouched. Eterna Forest even has a chateau.

It's practically deserted,
It has at least one town, which was never implied to have been recently built. A desert island is by definition, uninhabited.

Or yeah, Whirl Islands.
The Whirl Islands basically consist of caves, while a desert island is a tropical environment.

All I'm saying is that it is too convenient on your part to single out the southern Kalos reference. As it happens, Kiloude City is part of southern Kalos and it does give us an idea of what kind of environment Volcanion created.

It has at least one town, which was never implied to have been recently built. A desert island is by definition, uninhabited.

The Whirl Islands basically consist of caves, while a desert island is a tropical environment.

All I'm saying is that it is too convenient on your part to single out the southern Kalos reference. As it happens, Kiloude City is part of southern Kalos and it does give us an idea of what kind of environment Volcanion created.

No one in Kiloude mentions Volcanion, which is a bit weird if this is the place that you say supposedly reveres it. And Volcanion is mentioned in game, (in Lumiose) Kiloude isn't really surrounded by a plain either. And although it's south in what we currently know of Kalos, in terms of its location in France, Kiloude would actually be considered just above the line dividing the South and North.

No one in Kiloude mentions Volcanion, which is a bit weird if this is the place that you say supposedly reveres it.
The XY event also establishes that someone from Camphrier Town saw Volcanion on a mountain. Why wasn't that mentioned outside the event? The simple answer is that Game Freak wanted to leave the trivia for the event, because there's nothing else it offers.

Kiloude isn't really surrounded by a plain either.
It's a more plausible connection than the ones you've suggested.

And although it's south in what we currently know of Kalos, in terms of its location in France, Kiloude would actually be considered just above the line dividing the South and North.
Kiloude City is outright stated to be an example of southern Kalos life. This notion that "Kalos=the entire France" is obviously not supported by XY.

Kiloude City is South Kalos technically, according to its description. However, I doubt its the only portion of South Kalos, as its described as showing an example of South Kalos culture, which definitely doesn't seem to be the same as say Vanaville or Aquacorde.

The XY event also establishes that someone from Camphrier Town saw Volcanion on a mountain. Why wasn't that mentioned outside the event? The simple answer is that Game Freak wanted to leave the trivia for the event, because there's nothing else it offers.

It's a more plausible connection than the ones you've suggested.

As @Mitchman points out, Kiloude is mentioned as an example of Southern Kalos life, ie there is more Southern Kalos out there, and Kiloude is just a small sample of it. SO thanks for bringing this up as it actually adds fuel to the Gen 6.5 fire.

Last edited:
Okay, I'n going tobplay devil's advocate for a second here. I mostly was going with gen 6.5, as the summary was incorrecty translated as"Kidnapped from the Azoth Kingdom", not BY the Azoth Kingdom. If this kingdom is located in Kalos, we can asdume it was stolen from another region, Magiana's true home, which means gen 7 is coming after all. But wherebthis confuses things, if Volcanion is a Kalos legendary, what is its connection to Magiana and the other region? Here is where I double up on the devil advocate role, and ask a more poignant question:
What if the Azoth Kingdon is not located in kalos, but instead is an Anime only Location somewhere else, and Volcanion wantd to return it to Kalos? Surely this could also be a possibility.

Last edited:
Movie poster.

Ca54TlwUYAQJ9j-.jpg

This image looks just like that fusion drawing WTF

So I went to view videos of the 2 Volcanion events taking place, in XY and ORAS.

The first thing I noticed, was that in ORAS, he refers to you being a trainer who "not only found Volcanion but captured it as well" that struck me as odd, because with these mythicals you don't catch them, they are just handed to you the Diancie and Hoopa events don't refer to you as having found and captured them. Volcanion, hasn't been given any distribution info, the reveal video didn't even mention it being obtainable with XY/ORAS like Hoopa and Diancie did. Also for the entire year we have event distributions of past mythicals. Can they do multiple mythical distributions at once? Has this ever happened before? If it came in say May, you'd be getting Manaphy and Volcanion wouldn't that be confusing? So what if Volcanion isn;t distributed but is in an in game catchable event in the next game?

Secondly, both events mention Volcanion having this power to create "huge explosions" and flatten entire mountain ranges. Now the Volcanion we know atm, just doesnt look like it could do that, even with it's arms on its back. They just look a bit flimsy. I can't picture it flattening a whole mountain range as it currently is. And then I noticed, when they mention the fog, they specifically mention "the arms on its back can create a huge fog" but when it comes to the explosions, it doesn't actually mention the arms at all. It just says Volcanion can make explosions.

This brings me onto the videos. The guy says he shows you videos, and yet there is no footage, we don't see Volcanion pulling off these feats. Why can't we? We have the Pokemon already, and you're handing us tapes, why can't we see any actual visuals? I always assumed this was evidence for a Primal. That Primal Volcanion would look a bit more powerful. But now I think of Magiana and that drawing. What if Magiana on Volcanion's back is like a giant cannon, from the Pokeball opening part, or the Red/Blue chest plate, it can fire these powerful explosions.

They mention Volcanion must have an artificial organ, not possible in normal Pokemon ecology, well we know Magiana is man made, so what if Magiana, is that non ecological, explosive organ. Almost similar to Plasma putting the Cannon on Genesects back, but this time, the Cannon is actually alive (sort of)

Finally, we are told, in the Southern part of Kalos, (they actually mention, the southern part of kalos) there is a group of people who revere Volcanion as a nation builder (Kingdom of Azoth???) Now they mention Volcanion created the plain where they live, well where is this plain? During these reports, several places are mentioned that you can actually visit in Johto, Sinnoh, and Kalos, every where is visitable apart from this plain in southern kalos that reveres Volcanion. Why is that?

Ok, I'm done guessing. I'm taking this as headcanon until I'm proven wrong.

Also just to add to my theory about Magiana being the non ecological explosive organ of Volcanion

According to Pokebeach... "It has a round, metallic body with tricky machinery inside. There’s apparently a secret hidden within its body that only Volcanion knows about."

Yup. Headcanon.

• These expeditions happen YEARS prior to Hoenn's events. The Chateau could easily have been built after the expedition or by the explorers. Or hell, Eterna Forest is massive in-game, it'd be more massive in-universe. They could've been in the Southern UNTOUCHED half.
  • Desert islands are not "tropical environments". They're islands with no people on them. Greenland is essentially a Desert Island. The northern half of Canada is made up of desert islands.
;)

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! XD

Okay, that aside, I just heard that Magiana is a Mythical Pokémon, correct? So CoroCoro confirms Magiana is a Mythical Pokémon, very interesting.

In three days starting from now, Pokémon.com will officially reveal Magiana! No, there will not be any video announcing Magiana, nor will there be the announcement of the English title or any teaser of the next movie. They will announce it just as a "News" article. Do you know what they're going to say on the 14th of February? They will say something along the lines of "A brand new Pokémon has been revealed!" "Meet Magiana! The Artificial Pokémon! This Mythical Pokémon was made by humans 500 years ago. So many mysteries surround this mysterious Pokémon, and no one knows for sure what power it holds. Please stay tuned on Pokémon.com for more information on Magiana in the future."

So, that tells me that seventh generation has just been confirmed! But we can't expect a reveal of Pokémon 7 until Pokémon Day. Should they reveal Pokémon 7? Then my speculation about two seventh generation games being released with backwards compatibility in the same format as Gold/Silver/Crystal would end up becoming a reality. What did I name those games? Oh yeah, that's right! Pokémon Inferno and Pokémon Flora! Perhaps it could end up being called "Pokémon 7: Inferno Version and Pokémon 7: Flora Version", along with Pokémon changing their logo completely to actually unify both the Japanese, Korean and International releases of "Pokémon", with the option of calling it "Pocket Monsters" as well, since it could have the word "Pocket Monsters" right underneath the word "Pokémon". Wouldn't that be amazing!

And don't forget, I speculated that there was going to be a new Pokémon revealed at some stage, about a month before Volcanion was revealed. And I also speculated that these two seventh generation games were going to have a region based off England and Wales, and that the player will be able to travel directly to the Kalos region after defeating the Pokémon League Champion. The theme is simplicity, and the mascots of the games are the Mega Evolutions of your Fire and Grass starters' final evolutions. And the player can move anywhere in the region, and can defeat the gym leaders in any order they'd like, but having routes that have higher leveled Pokémon than others; so that players can challenge themselves if they wish. However there are some moves that are present in X/Y/OR/AS that are not available in the seventh generation games, therefore... any Pokémon that has moves like "Spore" will not be able to battle or trade with anyone in those games, because that move will not exist. The same thing will apply to abilities, any abilities or moves that have identical effect to each other and are the same type will be merged! As what Ken Sugimori talked about back in late 2013, but if we're lucky, they might just keep all those moves and abilities for compatibility reasons.

Speaking of merging, I was just thinking; y'know what Pokémon needs merging? Nidoran of course! It has a male counterpart and a female counterpart, in which were made separate Pokémon in the first generation. This needs to change! ;)

Last edited:
But wherebthis confuses things, if Volcanion is a Kalos legendary, what is its connection to Magiana and the other region?
Volcanion has been spotted in Johto and Sinnoh. It isn't exclusive to Kalos and it is not hard to see how it could be tied to a new region if it is indeed connected to Magiana.

Imo that sketch of Magiana and Volcanion connecting is reaching. The opening on Magiana's body doesn't really match with Volcanion's pyramid-like hump. Magiana is blocking Volcanion's cannons with its arms. It just doesn't make sense and I don't really see what purpose a fusion like that would serve either.
It's almost confirmed with the poster imo and it shows that GF still know how to genuinely surprise and think ahead. As for why it fuses I suppose it's just Vocanion's gimmick more less and it ties into its friendship with the new Mon. Perhaps that thing connecting Ash and Volcanion is was allows him to fuse with Magnia

It's almost confirmed with the poster imo and it shows that GF still know how to genuinely surprise and think ahead. As for why it fuses I suppose it's just Vocanion's gimmick more less and it ties into its friendship with the new Mon. Perhaps that thing connecting Ash and Volcanion is was allows him to fuse with Magnia
How does the poster 'almost confirm' fusion? Nothing is shown there.

@Platinum Lucario Don't celebrate just yet, there's no indication that this is 7th gen. In fact, the way they're trying to tie this to 6th gen's Pokemon and lore it seems more likely to be a 6th gen Pokemon.
Right now, all we know is Magiana is needed by a Kingdom that runs on machines to a point where they kidnap it, and that Volcanion is compelled to chase after it and that it knows its secrets. Not a lot of ties to Kalos, honestly, but Magiana and Volcanion do create a duo of sorts, one being steam and the other a machine. So who knows.
Volcanion has been spotted in Johto and Sinnoh. It isn't exclusive to Kalos and it is not hard to see how it could be tied to a new region if it is indeed connected to Magiana.
Right it isn't exclusive to Kalos, but it does have the most ties to it right now.

IMO, the Gen 7 VS Gen 6/6.5 debate is almost pointless. I have a strange feeling that we'll know what it is we're getting on the coming days, if not weeks. The ungodly amount of hype for the 20th anniversary(I mean that in a good way) and the ongoing Zygarde hype doesn't exactly help the situation either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom