• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that no one can predict the announcement date but I am taking a guess. Either March, April or May would be the announcement and September, October, November or December would be the the release of the game worldwide. Of course it could be announce this month but they are doing the anniversary on the 27th which would heavily focus on RBY on virtual console. Maybe we get lucky and get the announcement on the 27th but this is all just speculation. At least we have Magiana which gave us something new to talk about. Maybe next month or two we would get to know the type and ability of it.
I definitely think an announcement on Pokemon Day, with a late June release is the most likely outcome if Gen 6 is getting a gamr this year afterall.

So I've thought about something.

Zygarde's perfect form have these 5 colors in it's chest. The blue and red hexagon could be related to Yveltal and Xerneas. So what are the other 3? The orange and other blue. Maybe these could be related to brand new cover legendary's for a potential gen 6.5?

Zygarde's perfect form have these 5 colors in it's chest. The blue and red hexagon could be related to Yveltal and Xerneas. So what are the other 3? The orange and other blue. Maybe these could be related to brand new cover legendary's for a potential gen 6.5?
I think it was orange and purple. Could be a lower legendary duo that are kinda like Zygarde's distant family, and could be Dragon type (a Latis situation, but I just love dragons, maybe they could be Dragon/Fairy, and they could watch over Southern Kalos while Zygarde sleeps, idk)

I definitely think an announcement on Pokemon Day, with a late June release is the most likely outcome if Gen 6 is getting a gamr this year afterall.

Definitely, Black2/White2 were announced on February 26th (ie the day just before the anniversary/Pokemon day) with games release on June 23rd 2012.

Think this could definitely be the same again now.

Definitely, Black2/White2 were announced on February 26th (ie the day just before the anniversary/Pokemon day) with games release on June 23rd 2012.

Think this could definitely be the same again now.
Huh, for some reason myind registered the eeveal at the beginning of February not the end, thanks for the reminder. I definitely think it can happen again.

Small clarification, its not just for the TCG, but for the games as well with the titles for each month. Hmmm.

So wait, are we saying that the TCG sets are gonna be out in June in Japan?

I'm unfamiliar with the TCG, but does this mean a game is likely to be out then/around then, or do the tcg cards get released before the games.

Surely if it is a June release that kills off Gen 7 once and for all?

I read somewhere that Zygarde formes are getting cards in March, so before the game release, but I don't follow the card game so I have no idea how typical that is.

I guess the Aggron family are also robots then.

Aggron is Oroku Saki, also known as The Shredder. :D

But seriously, given its mecha-like design, steam theme, and debuting alongside the clearly robot-like Magiana in a movie featuring a mechanical city, Volcanion being robot-like itself isn't a stretch at all.

design, steam theme, and debuting alongside the clearly robot-like Magiana in a movie featuring a mechanical city, Volcanion being robot-like itself isn't a stretch at all.
I saw a theory on Youtube (by TyranitarTube, I believe) stating that Volcanion is an artificial Pokemon created by Lysandre. It would account for this extraordinary organ of its.

Also think about every single game release we have across the world we know about so far, every single one is happening in the first quarter. But for some reason, the 2nd Quarter is completely blank? Why not spread it out a bit? Unless they have something big in the 2nd quarter planned.

Also for the anniversary itself. What have they got planned? Yes VC releases are that day, but they aren't really hyping those or giving us info or a campaign apart from a few bundles. It would be a really good way to celebrate the day with the game announcement

I guess the Aggron family are also robots then.

Sure it's possible but I still find a fusion between Volcanion and Magiana very improbable. I guess we won't know for sure until we learn more about them.
Sorry if I sounded assertive but it's really all I can think of currently regarding this thing . I can't make heads or tails of this at all.

Also think about every single game release we have across the world we know about so far, every single one is happening in the first quarter. But for some reason, the 2nd Quarter is completely blank? Why not spread it out a bit? Unless they have something big in the 2nd quarter planned.
Nintendo as a whole needs to announce their Q2 slate soon; which I can see happening either this month or in March. I mean, the only Q2 title we know of so far is Star Fox Zero, which is likely to be delayed (also, Europe might finally get dates for Yo-Kai Watch and Fire Emblem Fates, but North America has those already). Metroid Prime Federation Force and The Legend of Zelda Wii U are the only announced first-party games without global release dates that I can recall; with the latter most likely being a holiday title (Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE came out in Japan on Boxing Day and likely won't be out in NA/EU/AU until Q3/Q4).

I expect that Nintendo will want to make a big song and dance about a main series Pokémon title, considering that it will most likely be the 3DS' last hurrah in a relatively barren release schedule.

Gen 6 doesn't have a birds/beasts/etc. trio, if they're related to more legendaries I bet it's that.

If the next games have two regions, I hope they do it a bit better than HGSS for the pokemon levels and other stuff. Proper gym leader, Elite Four and Champion rematches would be good. I expect Battle Maison to return but hope for an upgrade. For the possible gen 6.5, I like to see a dragon/fighting type and other unique type combos. Kanto legendary pokemon might return unless they have gen 6.5 legendaries instead which would be good. Mega evolutions for Johto starters would be sweet (wishing for Water/Dragon Mega Feraligatr).

Yeah, also placing my bets for a 27th reveal and a summer release of the new game.

Something occurred to me last night - it was almost to this date 3 years ago that Sylveon got revealed. I love February reveals of new Pokemon. The promise of new Pokes makes the beginning of the year so much more exciting.

Yeah, also placing my bets for a 27th reveal and a summer release of the new game.

Something occurred to me last night - it was almost to this date 3 years ago that Sylveon got revealed. I love February reveals of new Pokemon. The promise of new Pokes makes the beginning of the year so much more exciting.

They seem to have a thing revealing Fairy types on or near Valentine's Day... Which I can understand. Diancie got revealed on Valentine's Day like Sylveon, while Magiana (assuming it is one) got revealed near it.

They seem to have a thing revealing Fairy types on or near Valentine's Day... Which I can understand. Diancie got revealed on Valentine's Day like Sylveon, while Magiana (assuming it is one) got revealed near it.

Magiana got leaked around it, but who knows, they might still reveal it on that day ;)

Nintendo as a whole needs to announce their Q2 slate soon; which I can see happening either this month or in March. I mean, the only Q2 title we know of so far is Star Fox Zero, which is likely to be delayed (also, Europe might finally get dates for Yo-Kai Watch and Fire Emblem Fates, but North America has those already). Metroid Prime Federation Force and The Legend of Zelda Wii U are the only announced first-party games without global release dates that I can recall; with the latter most likely being a holiday title (Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE came out in Japan on Boxing Day and likely won't be out in NA/EU/AU until Q3/Q4).

I expect that Nintendo will want to make a big song and dance about a main series Pokémon title, considering that it will most likely be the 3DS' last hurrah in a relatively barren release schedule.
Indeed. That's also why I don't understand the rush to get Pokemon Gen 7 started on the 3DS this year. The 3DS, in Japan at least, has maybe 6 or 7 major releases coming up, and I can think of two or more already that likely have been moved to the NX.

I saw a theory on Youtube (by TyranitarTube, I believe) stating that Volcanion is an artificial Pokemon created by Lysandre. It would account for this extraordinary organ of its.
but it wouldn't account for its apparent reverence in a supposed southern Kalos or its general mystical nature (enough to get at least two journalists interested in it).

Pokémon League (TCG) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
I went looking into the thematic cycles for the leagues, and I am almost certain now that a game is coming in the summer. Up till now, the thematic cycles have all been game based, with the current one being the first and only TCG focused one. This is logical, as 2015 was the first off year for the series since 2008,in the west at least, which is where the leagues are based in. If August starts with a new cycle, focused on the games, its safe to assume that it lines up with, or comes close to a new game release. The way I see it is like this:
Game reveal on the 27th.
Game Launch in June/July..

Magiana is likely a mythical from some part of Kalos. Its not in the current National Dex or programmed in because the part of the region its from is not even in the games. South Kalos could be a small portion of the game, or it could be big, but that's unimportant. The reason I'm bringing up the region, is because of the parallels that will be drawn to B2W2.
See, that brought in new areas, but no new Pokemon. Right? Right. South kalos, however, would be part of an extended map, part of the region we haven't seen at all, while Unova 2.0 was mostly expansions on already seen land. What I think, is that its not exactly gen 6.5 as in an entire new batch of Pokemon, but gen 6 with a couple of legendaries and a mythical or two ee couldn't have known about, because they exist in a part of a region we didn't know about. Compatibility is already out the window, and a relatively low amount of new Pokemon almost a yesr and a half before Gen 7 is not going to hurt anybody or anything.

What I think, is that its not exactly gen 6.5 as in an entire new batch of Pokemon, but gen 6 with a couple of legendaries and a mythical or two ee couldn't have known about, because they exist in a part of a region we didn't know about. Compatibility is already out the window, and a relatively low amount of new Pokemon almost a yesr and a half before Gen 7 is not going to hurt anybody or anything.
how would you explain though why this southern Kalos, which is still Kalos....just more south, uses a different Pokedex from the north? not knowing of the legendaries cannot be an adequate explanation given that if Kalos's Pokedex can be programmed for legendaries from far off regions, why can't they know about the legendaries in their backyard?

not to mention i'm still not convinced that south Kalos is an area largely unexplored by players.
Magiana is likely a mythical from some part of Kalos. Its not in the current National Dex or programmed in because the part of the region its from is not even in the games.
mythical event legendaries are practically DLC Pokemon though. you can have captured every Pokemon except for the mythical ones, and the game will still give you a 100% Pokedex completion. it is not in the Pokedex because Game Freak never intended in any way, shape, or form, to have Magiana included in XYORAS.

Volcanion could be the key here. We could see the return of in-game events, with Volcanion and Magiana being much like the PCP and the NEP in HGSS. Transferring it over to the new game(s) would trigger an event to unlock Magiana. And the reason why it hasn't been found yet could be tied to the fact that it looks like a pokeball, you would awaken it and literally discover a Pokemin unknown for the better part of the last 300 years.
Its also telling that TPCi deciced to release the league info close to Magiana's reveal, as its a dead give away that a game is definitely coming later in the year. By extension I do believe its also because we are close to a reveal.

Another thing, I just can't see a mythical in a movie not getting an event or something related to it for an upcoming game from the movie promotion. I don't think that has ever happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom