• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's massive tracts of unused land in the Kalos map. Just have a train in Couriway for the eastern areas and have a road heading south from Campherier or west from Kiloude for the south.

Well it seems that the hype train has gone and it left me behind.

I have so much to say. First off, Magiana looks wonderful. From the Poké Ball looking dress, to the bunny ears, to the gear looking crown ornament, I like everything about it. It the looks like it'll be at least part Steel-type, I'll be shocked if it isn't. Its appearance favors that of Diancie with the bottom heavy body and the eyes, especially the eyes. It could just be a coincidence that it looks like Diancie but part of me thinks that there could be a connection there. I'm really not getting a generation 7 vibe from this Pokémon, especially with how Volcanion seems to be linked to it, with it knowing its secret and all and also it looking like Diancie. I feel like this is really turning out to be generation 6.5 or better yet a continuation of generation 6 (for those who don't like the term generation 6.5). They gave us one part of the story with X & Y and ORAS and now whatever the next installment is will complete the remaining part of the story once and for all. To add to the fact that this might be a continuation of generation 6 is that they never gave us a Mythical Pokémon with a 600 base stat total that had 100 in each stat, Magiana (which is blatantly stated to be a Mythical) could very well be that Pokémon. Secondly why would they put a next generation Mythical Pokémon with a current generation Mythical Pokémon together in the same movie? It seems very strange to me. Next is that Zygarde and its forms haven't gotten any attention whatsoever in any main series game. The two moves that Zygarde is supposed know also haven't been made available. Then there is Ash-Greninja which Alain detected Mega Evolution energy from. Lastly there's Eternal Flower Floette, just how on earth are we supposed to get this thing (assuming we're supposed to)? On the topic of Eternal Flower Floette, I'm glad that it wasn't the Pokémon to be revealed as the main star of the film as that would've meant that it'd be the Pokémon distributed for viewing the film. Like I said in a previous post, AZ spent 3000 years looking for Floette, there is no way in hell that they'd give it to us in a mere distribution. If we're to get Eternal Flower Floette I expect it to be from AZ himself in whatever the next game(s) are, not from an event.

When Diancie, Hoopa, and, Volcanion were officially revealed in CoroCoro they also officially revealed them outside of Japan on the official Pokémon site. I'm expecting an official reveal of Magiana outside of Japan on 15th (the 14th in certain parts of the world). Also dare I say that we might see a game reveal this month, maybe along side the reveal of Magiana or perhaps on the 27th. If not this month then next month for sure. I sure hope they don't drag this on for too long.

Damn I don't think I've ever been this excited before.

Last edited:
I considered something else about Magiana. What if its just one new Pokemon, just one new mythical? That is, a litetal parallel to Mew, to top off the Kanto parallels and throwbacks. Obviously because hacking exists, they know that the event Pokemon will be found. And because they cannot properly patch or do DLC for the games, its not found in any game code, so everything will be ruined. I can see them saying screw it, and have themselves create a mythical exclusive to the end of the generation. Everyone would be blown back by such a move, and would love to buy the games for a chance to own such an ellusive Pokemon.

I considered something else about Magiana. What if its just one new Pokemon, just one new mythical? That is, a litetal parallel to Mew, to top off the Kanto parallels and throwbacks. Obviously because hacking exists, they know that the event Pokemon will be found. And because they cannot properly patch or do DLC for the games, its not found in any game code, so everything will be ruined. I can see them saying screw it, and have themselves create a mythical exclusive to the end of the generation. Everyone would be blown back by such a move, and would love to buy the games for a chance to own such an ellusive Pokemon.

It's really not that ellusive if it's made readily available in the game, but I can see what you're saying. Idk why they would stop at just one pokemon. We also didn't get a trio this generation. Why create one pokemon that's absent when there are at least three more currently missing? It's all too familar to Diancie as well. I wouldn't mind the connection if it is explained or at least hinted that it's creator(s) based the design off of Diancie or was at least inspired by it.

Possible explanations for Magiana atm, ordered by probability, from most likely to least:

1. Magiana is a Gen VII Pokemon. It is teased before the last Gen VI game, just like Munchlax during Gen III.

2. Magiana is a Gen VII Pokemon. It is teased just before Gen VII is announced. We are going to Gen VII next.

3. Magiana is a Gen VI Pokemon. It will appear in Z. Since it is an event Pokemon, and not required for the Pokedex to be filled, it does not break Gen VI compatibility anyway.

4. Magiana is a Gen 6.5 Pokemon, and the first of the new 6.5 ones.

The last possibility is the only one that does not make any sense, but it cannot be ruled out as a special celebration surprise.

Last edited:
Tbh I feel like it'd be odd if Magiana is a Generation 7 that we're getting way later.

I mean why bother to promote the Mythical now? Yeah, there was the regular Pokemon in Generations 1-3, but... That's just different imo.

Mythicals tend to be promoted and released in the same year - as it would probably be misleading fans if they promoted one and released it a year or two later.

Possible explanations for Magiana atm, ordered by probability, from most likely to least:

1. Magiana is a Gen VII Pokemon. It is teased before the last Gen VI game, just like Mega Mewto before B2W2.

2. Magiana is a Gen VII Pokemon. It is teased just before Gen VII is announced. We are going to Gen VII next.

3. Magiana is a Gen VI Pokemon. It will appear in Z. Since it is an event Pokemon, and not required for the Pokedex to be filled, it does not break Gen VI compatibility anyway.

4. Magiana is a Gen 6.5 Pokemon, and the first of the new 6.5 batch.

The last possibility is the only one that does not make any sense, but it cannot be ruled out as a special celebration surprise.
Well, it doesn't make any sense to you, but the list is alright. Everyone has opinions, and for me, it would be a way to expand the Kalos Dex with sequels. But the list is certainly right. Number 3 is certainly possible, and it hurts to say it but more possible than number 4. But Gen VII is way too soon, unless they decided to make it in the 3DS (not a problem, but yeah, I would like it to be in the NX) Still, I firmly believe Gen 6.5 will happen, but no hard feelings, man! It is awesome to discuss different points of view as civilized people.

Mega Mewtwo Y was revealed months after B2W2 were launched, and gen 6 was confirmedby then, so nimber two is more akin to the pre DP days. Which actually is the LEAST likely of all possibilites, as it has been 12 years since a new Pokemon debuted before the generations announcement, with Munchlax. BW was confirmed for the 2010 fiscal year a month before Zoroark, albeit without the actual titles, and Mega Mewtwo Y wasn't actually the first Gen 6 Pokemon or forme. Hell that's another thing, Gen 6 shied away completely from the movies debuting something entirely new first, with the Pokemon Direct a month before Mega Mewtwo Ys reveal, showcasing the starters and legendaries. Yeah looking into things, new Pokemon or not I will be damned if gen 7 is coming this year. I said this much earlier in the thread, if we have no wind of the next genwration coming from the Investor meeting, which was couple of weeks ago, I doubt gen 7 is slated for this year. I mean, besides the direct, new generations were always formally announced before hand, title or no title:
Nintendo confirms a new Pokémon game, discusses Metroid GBA
This Day in DS-Story: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Are First Announced - Blog by Cartoonami - IGN
New Pokémon Game Confirmed For Nintendo DS - Siliconera
I really can't buy into gen 7 just yet. If we get an announcement for it, sure. If not, and the anniversary passes by with no word of it coming, then expect gen 6 this year. The 4-5 month reveal to launch period is always for the remakes and 3rd version, where as the reveal for new generations is always a good while before the prerelease news period starts in May-June.

Last edited:
Weren't D/P delayed? People keep saying Munchlax's reveal was very early, but if D/P were really delayed then Munchlax's anime debut would have only felt so early because the games' release were later than GF had initially planned them to be.

Weren't D/P delayed? People keep saying Munchlax's reveal was very early, but if D/P were really delayed then Munchlax's anime debut would have only felt so early because the games' release were later than GF had initially planned them to be.

Yeah there was a 1 year delay for D&P. That's why we got 2 movies in gen III focusing on gen IV mons and why we actually got the BF arc in the anime.

Another thing, I just can't see a mythical in a movie not getting an event or something related to it for an upcoming game from the movie promotion. I don't think that has ever happened.

Well there was Manaphy, but that even promoted the Ranger game and the Manaphy event in that game by that time. There's no game right now featuring Magiana, so Magiana is really the only mythical pokemon right now without an event in either the main games or the spin-off.

Why do people keep comparing Magiana to Munchlax rather than Zoroark, as if they expect there to be a massive gap between its reveal and the release of whatever game its in? Zorua and Zoroark were revealed February 10, 2010, and the name of the new games were officially revealed two months later. Or do people not remember Zoroark? Or the fact that the window between new game announcements (and new Pokemon reveals) and the actual games have narrowed? Why would they intentionally show Magiana and wait another two years?

Well if we go by the tcg info from what I understand (not on solid ground with the tcg) it will be released in a game in June.

Also they've kept the 2nd quarter completely clear so I think it likely a game is coming then.

If it was a gen 7 debut pair they'd have had to have started by now, only subsidiary games can get by with 3 or 4 months of reveal time.

If it was a gen 7 debut pair they'd have had to have started by now, only subsidiary games can get by with 3 or 4 months of reveal time.

Some weird logic to say that side games, that traditionally do worse in sales need less advertising time to succeed.

I don't know why people are using the TCG to suggest a June release date when WPM's article says the exact opposite. Why would a game release be followed by the Alakazam season, or "closure" one? There is a reason why the upcoming set will focus on Alakazam rather than Zygarde.

If anything, the fact that TPCi only released the season names through September suggests that they don't want us to know what will happen in October. Magiana may get its TCG debut in September in both Japan and the west as part of the pre-release for the first set tied to the new game(s). They did that for the Kalos starters in November 2013 (the first XY set was released in December in Japan and February in the US).

It's also weird to suggest that a new generation can't be announced a few days or weeks following Magiana's reveal, while a Zygarde game could be announced more than 5 months after the reveal of the Formes.

I have acknowledged many times that a new gen might be comming, but every time I think of this possibility, it just doesn't feel right. Every generation has had more than one game set in the new region in that gen, and I would say Kalos is one of the gens that needs it a lot. So many loose ends, so many questions.

Idk, I am not very interested in a Z game tbh, but it just doesn't feel right to leave Kalos in it's current state and just go to a new gen. Zygarde, Ash Greninja, Malva, the rest of Southern Kalos, Sycamore's asistants, etc Kalos feels unfinished and unexplored.

Last edited:
I don't know why people are using the TCG to suggest a June release date when WPM's article says the exact opposite. Why would a game release be followed by the Alakazam season, or "closure" one? There is a reason why the upcoming set will focus on Alakazam rather than Zygarde.

If anything, the fact that TPCi only released September suggests that they don't want us to know what will happen in October. Magiana may get its TCG debut in September in both Japan and the west as part of the pre-release for the first set tied to the new game(s). They did that for the Kalos starters in November 2013 (the first XY set was released in December in Japan and February in the US).

It's also weird to suggest that a new generation can't be announced a few days or weeks following Magiana's reveal, while a Zygarde game could be announced more than 5 months after the reveal of the Formes.
While it is telling they do not want us to know what comes after Septemeber, the theme is still enough to suggest that gen 7 is still not on the table. I can't see them going with a mix theme for gen 6 AND Gen 7. Unlike Gen 4 to 5 which went for the starters in the last 3, it was an entirely different naming scheme. I would assume the adjective to describe a Pokemon theme would last for more then two Pokemon, but I cannot see them starting out with a gen 6 pokemon and go for seven new generation ones.

Reactions: !Z!
Either way we go is ok for me. I have a strong feeling that we'll get a game announcement very soon, maybe within the next couple of weeks. And I'm almost positive that game will have Zygarde's Formes obtainable, as well as Volcanion and maybe even Magiana as event Pokemon.

What exactly it is we're getting and whatever Generation it's in, I'm not even going to go there. That debate has gotten as ridiculous as the US Presidential race, no joke. However, I will throw in this tidbit for the sake of sanity:

You guys... please understand. Even though Magiana has not been found in the data mining of X/Y and ORAS, it still has NOT BEEN CONFIRMED about what Generation of Pokemon it belongs to.
As of right now, we don't know jack-squat about it, only that it's a man-made Pokemon. With all of that said, there is no fracking excuse to cause another Kalos War between y'all folks.

No qualms there, we are definitely in the running for a new game or set of games. I really can't wait to see what is going to be offered. I do have a funn feeling that for better or for worse, if gen 7 DOES happen, Kalos will play its role in the games.

Yeah... Even if we do get Generation 7, they most likely won't ignore Kalos or its Pokemon and characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom