• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some weird logic to say that side games, that traditionally do worse in sales need less advertising time to succeed.

It's not me who decides that, it's simple fact, that the main debut pairs always have a longer period between reveal and release than the remakes and 3rd instalments do.

i honestly doubt it. there might be some easter eggs related to Kalos (similar how Kalos has a bunch of easter eggs from the other regions), but i highly doubt there'd be a formal connection between the Gen 6 and 7 regions
If we go straight to gen 7 this year, Zygarde is going to be ignored completely? I doubt it.

I just don't understand why people think just because they've revealed Zygarde's forms (however long ago), that it still doesn't have a possibility of it (and it's forms) being in it's own (if not just Kalos still) game. I haven't used these forms yet, neither have I any idea how they will work in game, or tie to Xerneas & Yveltal, you know, the original two that were mentioned to have now been overpowered by Zygarde in it's 100% form.

I'm just curious as to how bored and unsatisfied you are with Pokémon in general, to assume that them revealing several new forms, possibly way before they debut in their potential upcoming game, to say you're done with it now and assume everyone else is too? Have you played with them? Got an Ash-Greninja bro? No, me neither, that's what I'm waiting for, from the next Kalos instalment lol. To be entirely, point driven honest with you.

It is possible that reading too far between the lines, blurs the entire intention, which is why I still cannot see Gen 7 as of yet, and please do not moan at me and say I'm starting a war. This particular thread, as previously mentioned several times before, is for the future of gen 6 which has not ended yet, as far as I'm aware. I'm just curious as to how seriously bored some fans must be, to assume having forms known about for several months that we haven't played with yet, are being scrapped for their entire purpose, which has also been the centre of an entire series of the anime, not just an arc. But apparently, that's another reason why Zygarde's being shoved, cause it's being "done" in the anime. Well no, tbh lol, imo, it's completely blurrrrred lines.

I'd honestly rather have Kalos get screwed over than for the 7th region to be screwed over as well GSC style trying to accommodate Kalos. As much as I liked HGSS I always felt bad that Johto always lived in Kanto's shadow. Granted it appeals more to genwunners and scores major nostalgia points alongside it but you can't really deny just how lacking it is compared to more fleshed out regions like Sinnoh or Unova or even the land half of Hoenn.

If we go straight to gen 7 this year, Zygarde is going to be ignored completely? I doubt it.

I agree. Why give us Zygarde forms if it is not in gen 6? Why leave two moves Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves unobtainable for the whole gen? Why make Eternal Floette if it is not appearing in this gen? Sure, they could have Zygarde as mascot or post game for gen 7 but it should really be the star of a gen 6 game. Are Game Freak really going to leave Zygarde with 600 BST through the whole of gen 6 while Xerneas and Yveltal remain stronger? I find this kind of hard to believe but I better prepare for it if it does happen that way.

no fracking excuse to cause another Kalos War.

excuse me, but my floette died for this, I feel this is reason enough

If it is next gen, I could see them doing an event side quest exclusive to transfer Pokemon (Zygarde in this case). Like the Zoroark that appeared in Lostlorn Forest when you brought up the Shiny Beast Trio.

If we do move on, this would be a great way to make Zygarde's forms available in-game. It'd also be some incentive to go back and fetch older Pokemon with them to the new gen. Even better if they could dedicate a post-league episode (like the Delta Ep) to showcase its forms in a grand way.

Last edited:
Another thing about Magiana that makes me think its gen 6 related is its design. They took some liberties with historical accuracy, but Magiana's "dress" and overall style is a mix of 16th Century Fashion and Victorian Era Fashion in France, with the rounded shoulders and the golden frills respectively. Further more, Automata were widely popular in 1600s France, and they were the harbringer of the Industrial Revolution within Europe. Volcanion the steam Pokemon, and Magiana the Man Made Pokemon, an automaton. Steam and Machinery, the basic components for the advancement of technology.

Edit:
Another thing to consider is that the gear is based on either a Gabet Hood(a wired multicornered hood) or a French Hood.Both are worn from the midsection of the hesf and go around, much like the gear. Only thing i can't poinpoint for inspiration is those eyelashes.

Last edited:
I agree. Why give us Zygarde forms if it is not in gen 6? Why leave two moves Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves unobtainable for the whole gen? Why make Eternal Floette if it is not appearing in this gen? Sure, they could have Zygarde as mascot or post game for gen 7 but it should really be the star of a gen 6 game. Are Game Freak really going to leave Zygarde with 600 BST through the whole of gen 6 while Xerneas and Yveltal remain stronger? I find this kind of hard to believe but I better prepare for it if it does happen that way.

If we obtain Thousand Arrows/Thousand Waves and Floette w/ Light of Ruins in Generation 7, they shouldn't be inaccessible to Generation 6 as Pokemon Bank exists.

Other than being able to send some pokemon back via a time machine in the second generation, they've never allowed trading down from a future generation.

inb4 Gen7 introduces Mega Dialga who can use his powers to send mons back through time. Literally.

If we obtain Thousand Arrows/Thousand Waves and Floette w/ Light of Ruins in Generation 7, they shouldn't be inaccessible to Generation 6 as Pokemon Bank exists.

I am pretty sure that Pokebank was made to transfer pokemon from gen 5 games to gen 6 only. Black 2 and White 2 had Ice Burn and Cold Flare and those games were gen 5. I think that Light of Ruins, Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves should be in gen 6 games.

I am pretty sure that Pokebank was made to transfer pokemon from gen 5 games to gen 6 only. Black 2 and White 2 had Ice Burn and Cold Flare and those games were gen 5. I think that Light of Ruins, Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves should be in gen 6 games.

No...? They stated Pokemon Bank was for Generation 6 and beyond.

No...? They stated Pokemon Bank was for Generation 6 and beyond.

Oh, I was thinking of Poke Transporter. My mistake. Anyway, I still think those moves should be in gen 6 games the way Kyurem's signature moves were in gen 5.

excuse me, but my floette died for this, I feel this is reason enough

I'm trying to come up with a Star Wars quote involving the Dark Side as a response, but failed I have. XD

Going to retract a little bit on what I had said earlier, but Magiana's overall design does kind of come off like it's a Gen 6 Pokémon... it's just my personal opinion though, and it's kind of hard to explain. @Mitchman's example of the industrial revolution in France kind of fits in to what I'm feeling. This is kinda hard to describe, but each Generation has seemed like they have unique designs to their respective Pokémon. For example, most of the Pokémon introduced in Hoenn have a lot of bright, vibrant colors and based on exotic-tropical animals and plants. Magiana seems to have qualities that fit into medieval European royalty, with some fantasy elements and the beauty/grandiose theme that Kalos and most of its Pokémon have.

Honestly, it would be really odd for GameFreak to program three moves into the first two games of a generation, design new forms for the third member of said generation's trio, and then just move on to the next generation. All that effort doesn't strike me as something that's easily scrapped or moved to Gen VII. Also, skipping out on a "Pokémon Z" would also mean skipping out on millions in profits, as well as denying a loyal fanbase an expansion on Kalos as a whole.

I'm pretty sure GameFreak aren't that idiotic. For all we know, Magiana could be one of many more Pokémon introduced in the middle of a generation, with Zygarde's game being their introduction.

Last edited:
I'm trying to come up with a Star Wars quote involving the Dark Side as a response, but failed I have. XD

Going to retract a little bit on what I had said earlier, but Magiana's overall design does kind of come off like it's a Gen 6 Pokémon... it's just my personal opinion though, and it's kind of hard to explain. @Mitchman's example of the industrial revolution in France kind of fits in to what I'm feeling. This is kinda hard to describe, but each Generation has seemed like they have unique designs to their respective Pokémon. For example, most of the Pokémon introduced in Hoenn have a lot of bright, vibrant colors and based on exotic-tropical animals and plants. Magiana seems to have qualities that fit into medieval European royalty, with some fantasy elements and the beauty/grandiose theme that Kalos and most of its Pokémon have.

Not to mention the resemblance to Diancie.

Hopefully we get the games announced or an idea of what Generation Magiana is in sometime in the upcoming months.

Do hints of a game announcement occur before the actual game announcement or do games come out of the blue? I suppose the next games would come out of the blue with no hint so it can take people by surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom