• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

That is neat and all, but just about every one of his theories aren't original. Especially the gems on Zygarde's chest, those have been discussed to death. Nice video though. Waiting for Corocoro to leak is making me impatient!

Oh, I know they aren't original! I'm sure he does too, at least for some of it. I remember being one of those people here on the forums discussing the chest colors, new gen Kalos sequels, and such a few months ago, and even more strongly after SM were announced. I just felt like his video was a very good amalgamation of those theories with some nice videos, in a well put together manner. Thought it might revive the idea a bit for discussion's sake :)

I just wish that I could see the video.
Anyway, if
Red = Yveltal
Blue = Xerneas
Orange = Sun legendary
Light purple = Moon legendary
Then
White = ???

That's essentially a main point of it :) Those representations of Zygarde's chest colors corresponding to XY and SM legends. White could be Zygarde's pure, true core that represent itself.

The theory was more convincing when they just used the colors of the SM logos... tying the diamonds into it and saying that those are the Cores just makes it seem a bit more reach-ey, to be honest.

As much as I enjoy T-Tube's videos he does have some pretty outlandish theories. They're interesting enough, though, and they make for good videos. :p

Those representations of Zygarde's chest colors corresponding to XY and SM legends. White could be Zygarde's pure, true core that represent itself.

What do you mean by "core"? I ask this as Zygarde already has Cores.

Clearly those are the remaining Infinity Stones. Pokémon as part of the Marvel Universe confirmed! :p

Give me a Gen V style sidequest where I can date meet Starlord.

I just wish that I could see the video.

I'll summarize the points in the video.
  • The strange souvenir is from the Region that will be in SM. The pokemon depicted in the Strange Souvenir isn't a protector of that region, but a protector of the entire Earth.
  • Zygarde, Yveltal and Xerneas represent figures in the Norse Myth that protect the Tree of Yggdrasil. Xerneas = the deer and Yveltal = the eagle, Zygarde represents the serpent. The Tree of Yggdrasil represents the balance of the Earth, as Yveltal and Xerneas are the balance of life and death in the games. (This part is basically true)
  • Like the figures in the myth, the XYZ trio protect the Earth, however the reason that Zygarde's ability basically exists to cancel out the other two's powers is because he controls them/they serve under him. He is the real protector of the Earth. He isn't in a trio with XY, but is in his own Trio.
  • Zygarde is a representation of the Norse Midgard serpent that wraps around the world and bites it's tail to keep it in place and if it lets go, the Earth would fall apart. If Zygarde ever stopped protecting the Earth, the ecosystem would fall apart.
  • Team Flare wanted to create a "beautiful world," but this doesn't really make sense based on the outcome that would happen from releasing Yveltal/Zerneas. Lysandre actually wanted to capture Zygarde, drawing him out by releasing the ultimate weapon. (This is what is happening in the anime right now.)
  • He says some things like Flare relates to the sun, so Team Flare might be the Evil Team in Pokemon Sun, while there is a different one in Moon (basically a Hoenn Situation with Magma/Aqua). Also that Zygarde cores recharge their energy from the sun, so Zygarde is the Sun Legendary. But then he pulls an "Or is it?"
  • Syzygy is a word that means 1) the alignment or opposition of the Sun, Moon and Earth or 2) two related things that are either alike or opposite.
  • Zygarde comes from the words Midgarde, meaning earth as is the case in the Midgard Serpent, and Syzygy.
  • Zygarde is the Earth legendary in a Trio with a Sun and a Moon legendary in an Earth/Sun/Moon trio. Perfect Zygarde has the power of Yveltal, Xerneas, the Sun legendary, the Moon legendary, and the Earth represented in the colors on his 'chest'.
  • The protector depicted by the Strange Souvenir is Zygarde.

I'll summarize the points in the video.
  • The strange souvenir is from the Region that will be in SM. The pokemon depicted in the Strange Souvenir isn't a protector of that region, but a protector of the entire Earth.
  • Zygarde, Yveltal and Xerneas represent figures in the Norse Myth that protect the Tree of Yggdrasil. Xerneas = the deer and Yveltal = the eagle, Zygarde represents the serpent. The Tree of Yggdrasil represents the balance of the Earth, as Yveltal and Xerneas are the balance of life and death in the games. (This part is basically true)
  • Like the figures in the myth, the XYZ trio protect the Earth, however the reason that Zygarde's ability basically exists to cancel out the other two's powers is because he controls them/they serve under him. He is the real protector of the Earth. He isn't in a trio with XY, but is in his own Trio.
  • Zygarde is a representation of the Norse Midgard serpent that wraps around the world and bites it's tail to keep it in place and if it lets go, the Earth would fall apart. If Zygarde ever stopped protecting the Earth, the ecosystem would fall apart.
  • Team Flare wanted to create a "beautiful world," but this doesn't really make sense based on the outcome that would happen from releasing Yveltal/Zerneas. Lysandre actually wanted to capture Zygarde, drawing him out by releasing the ultimate weapon. (This is what is happening in the anime right now.)
  • He says some things like Flare relates to the sun, so Team Flare might be the Evil Team in Pokemon Sun, while there is a different one in Moon (basically a Hoenn Situation with Magma/Aqua). Also that Zygarde cores recharge their energy from the sun, so Zygarde is the Sun Legendary. But then he pulls an "Or is it?"
  • Syzygy is a word that means 1) the alignment or opposition of the Sun, Moon and Earth or 2) two related things that are either alike or opposite.
  • Zygarde comes from the words Midgarde, meaning earth as is the case in the Midgard Serpent, and Syzygy.
  • Zygarde is the Earth legendary in a Trio with a Sun and a Moon legendary in an Earth/Sun/Moon trio. Perfect Zygarde has the power of Yveltal, Xerneas, the Sun legendary, the Moon legendary, and the Earth represented in the colors on his 'chest'.
  • The protector depicted by the Strange Souvenir is Zygarde.
Thank you so much! :X3:
I really appreciate this! :D

While I don't think Team Flare will return, I do think a duality theme woth 2 evol teams shall return. Its either wprryong because if Hawaii is the region and 2 evol teams becomes a thing again, then it might lean too much towards ORAS, or SM is going to be like BW, as in its going to be really freaking out tuere in terms of region and story.

As for Zygarde, I think we do have to wait and see just what the reaplutipn to the story is, we'e been running in circles since December, nothing has really changed, bqr the fact that its all in the air during the prerelease period of gen 7, something we nwver experienced.

Of course, perhaps there could be something going on with Kalos still. I've been wondering if perhaps the evil team hinted at that was active before XY is in full force now having found what they were looking for before XY. I also have a strong feeling Colress is going to pop up again, in one way or another, acting much like Looker or Cynthia.

Team Flare wanted to create a "beautiful world," but this doesn't really make sense based on the outcome that would happen from releasing Yveltal/Zerneas.

Sure it does, if your definition of a "beautiful world" is "one in which Team Flare are the only inhabitants."

Lysandre wasn't being so literal as to mean "make the world visually prettier." :p

I also dont think Team Flare will return. With so many hate that they get..

I'd rather have one or two new evil temas from which I can explore new history of new characters than revisit Team Flare.

I also dont think Team Flare will return. With so many hate that they get..
Maybe not, but I'd like it if Lysandre got a small appearance or even a mention just so we'll know what happened to him. It'd probably be more like Giovanni's appearance in HGSS. Or if Team Flare were to reappear, then I could see it being like Team Rocket in the Sevii Islands.

I swear if he reappears the only proper way he can in my eyes is in a full body cast. There is no way he could have come out of that unscathed...
S/M doesn't have to come out immediately after XY. He could have recovered by that point.

he's likely dead or as dead as you can be in a Pokemon game. there's virtually no point in bringing him back.
We don't know that for certain. He could have also managed to escape. The ending of the plot never did acknowledge whatever happened to him nor the members of Team Flare that got caught up in it. Despite all of that destruction the ending seemed an awfully happy and comfortable one.

I just want confirmation for sure whether he is dead or not, since XY never elaborated.

We don't know that for certain. He could have also managed to escape. The ending of the plot never did acknowledge whatever happened to him nor the members of Team Flare that got caught up in it. Despite all of that destruction the ending seemed an awfully happy and comfortable one.

I just want confirmation for sure whether he is dead or not, since XY never elaborated.
it's an E-rated game. do the math.

the guy in this video makes some pretty interesting predictions about Sun/Moon and a relation to Zygarde. Worth watching, at least for some cool ideas and observations (some of which I've seen other people on the forum make in the past, including myself at times):

EDIT: By the way, his theory isn't that Zygarde is actually the Sun legendary. That idea is halfway through the video, then quickly replaced. It's not as crazy as the thumbnail may look.

Perfect Zygarde has 5 markings on its chest. Red, Blue, Orange, light purple-ish, and white in the middle. Those 3rd and 4th colors are the same shades as Sun/Moon logos. What if Zygarde is not only the "trio master" of XY, but also the trio master of SM. This video goes into more detail. I think I like where this is going.

Pretty much what I predicted after SM got announced. Zygarde being the new "Arceus" and leading two different trios. But why the Red Core absorbed the sunlight, if Zygarde is the earth legendary and epecially why the Yveltal like red colour absorbing the sunlight and not the orange one?

Back
Top Bottom