• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

I wonder if Volcanion would unlock anything in Sun and Moon? It doesn't have a new form in gen 6 so it doesn't unlock any item in those games.
I don't think so. I also think that Volcanion will remain just the way it is since Hoopa received a forme and Diancie received a Mega.

But there's only two so far. And I don't think it's coincidence Zygarde has two signature moves. Who knows? Despite all the big reveals its still somewhat a mystery to us.

True. There could be 10 cores, so theoretically there could be 10 Zygarde 10% formes at once.

I'm not sure if there's sarcasm there or not. Seems like an exaggeration. I think it's more likely that Zygarde probably just has four or five cores to represent its chest colors (questioning whether or not the white center counts as its own fifth, or if it represents the unity of the four).

Funny that you guys are talking about Zygarde, because the movie trailer just showed up and confirms that Complete Forme is making an actual appearance in the movie, and so is Squishy.

I can't help but laugh at this, because of all the ruckus that was caused surrounding that particular issue.:ROFLMAO:

I keep thinking about this when I see Squishy:
Dory's%20Squishy.jpg

Funny that you guys are talking about Zygarde, because the movie trailer just showed up and confirms that Complete Forme is making an actual appearance in the movie, and so is Squishy.

I can't help but laugh at this, because of all the ruckus that was caused surrounding that particular issue.:ROFLMAO:
Squishy has been confirmed for a while tho I'm legit surprised at Complete Zygarde.

Does that mean Squishy, by the time the movie airs, is able to achieve 100% form? Wouldn't that suggest the movie takes place after the Flare climax?

Does that mean Squishy, by the time the movie airs, is able to achieve 100% form? Wouldn't that suggest the movie takes place after the Flare climax?
It does, unless Complete Forme doesn't actually require both cores, which would be hard to swallow.

It seems to have a very minor role in the movie. Even Arceus had more fanfare last year.

It does, unless Complete Forme doesn't actually require both cores, which would be hard to swallow.
Yeah, that is the only part I'm uncertain about. Complete Forme should require Blue Core as well so I don't get how the two could join together unless the story develops in a way that ensures Blue Core and Red Core don't need to be physically present around each other.

It seems to have a very minor role in the movie. Even Arceus had more fanfare last year.
Agreed. I assume Squishy will transform at the end to resolve whatever there is left to be resolved.

Yeah, that is the only part I'm uncertain about. Complete Forme should require Blue Core as well so I don't get how the two could join together unless the story develops in a way that ensures Blue Core and Red Core don't need to be physically present around each other.
If the Team Flare climax is over by mid-July, then Z2 will be free to react to Squishy's call for help. It can get to places pretty fast by transforming into 10% Forme.

Or the cores don't need to be physically close for the final transformation as you said. Either way, there has to be a way that allows Complete Forme to show up when needed.

If the Team Flare climax is over by mid-July, then Z2 will be free to react to Squishy's call for help. It can get to places pretty fast by transforming into 10% Forme.
Good point.

Also, not that it is related to the games, but since Squishy is STILL with Bonnie after the climax (where I initially assumed Squishy would depart from Bonnie) does that imply the writers will let Bonnie keep Squishy?

Good point.

Also, not that it is related to the games, but since Squishy is STILL with Bonnie after the climax (where I initially assumed Squishy would depart from Bonnie) does that imply the writers will let Bonnie keep Squishy?
I think they may be saving the farewell for the very end of the series. There's a chance that Ash will take Squishy to the new region, but I really can't see Zygarde having a role in another anime series.

There's a chance that Ash will take Squishy to the new region, but I really can't see Zygarde having a role in another anime series.
Why would Ash do that though? I assume that whatever role Zygarde MAY have in the next gen will be reserved for postgame and that the actual story will deal with new legends.

Why would Ash do that though? I assume that whatever role Zygarde MAY have in the next gen will be reserved for postgame and that the actual story will deal with new legends.
Yes, but Ash taking it to the new region might just be a way of saying that Zygarde's role extends beyond Kalos without necessarily doing anything with it. I agree that it would somewhat diminish the Squishy-Bonnie bond, though.

We don't exactly know when the climax of the anime occurs, so we can't confirm any of that. However, this makes it more likely that Zygarde will be present in SM like Magearna and presumable Volcanion. So they're not neglecting Zygarde, and they gave us Gen VII, pleasing a lot of people.

Does anyone else think that maybe this time they will cater to the older fans due to it being the 20th anniversary?

I'm not sure if there's sarcasm there or not. Seems like an exaggeration.

I wasn't being sarcastic or anything. I was sort-of joking about the 10 cores idea, but I like speculating with the wilder theories.

Does anyone else think that maybe this time they will cater to the older fans due to it being the 20th anniversary?

If their Superbowl trailer and the Anniversary trailer were anything to go by, I think there's more chance they're looking forward rather than back.

If their Superbowl trailer and the Anniversary trailer were anything to go by, I think there's more chance they're looking forward rather than back.
The kids in the anniversary trailer were representations of players of the previous generations. The Superbowl trailer also showed adults.

I think that they will probably cater one time for older fans to it being the 20th Anniversary and thus being a honor of the start of Pokemon.

They're kind of already catering due to the fact that you can transfer Pokemon from the VC release of the Gen 1 games. Aside from that, I don't think they will do too much nostalgia pandering.

The kids in the anniversary trailer were representations of players of the previous generations. The Superbowl trailer also showed adults.

Kindof my point. They want fans of all ages to come and play this next installment. It's not about catering to a certain audience, it's about creating an experience that truly feels like a Pokemon experience that every kind of fan can get into and enjoy.

I think that they will probably cater one time for older fans to it being the 20th Anniversary and thus being a honor of the start of Pokemon.

It could be argued that they've already catered to that audience quite a lot already. X/Y was pretty Gen I/Kanto heavy on the Pokemon it featured; the starters, their megas, Lapras, the legendary birds and Mewtwo & its megas being foremost examples. They've re-released Gen I on the 3DS VC. Lance's Dragonite with the infamous Barrier move is a tournament gift this year.

Back
Top Bottom