• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

I'm not sure I understand this idea that Alola is a small region. Just from what I'm seeing on the map there's plenty to do and plenty of places to go. Each island seems packed to the brim. So land area is lessened but that's not unexpected for an archapelago.

I agree. I mean, it's drawn in the same style as the ORAS Hoenn map, and Hoenn's a place with a fair bit of ground to cover. And I think Alola looks like it has even more to do.

I didn't see anyone mention it, but it looks to me that the Battle Maison is located in the middle of the region on some sort of a man-made island.
9faabdbff9bf4a31b58b24a738ddcd9a.png

Or it could just be some mansion. Who knows?

edit: okie dokie nevermind! Upon looking up the Battle Maison I've come to the decision that they look nothing alike. ^^ Still, any ideas on what it could be?

I didn't see anyone mention it, but it looks to me that the Battle Maison is located in the middle of the region on some sort of a man-made island.

edit: okie dokie nevermind! Upon looking up the Battle Maison I've come to the decision that they look nothing alike. ^^ Still, any ideas on what it could be?
That's your own mansion which you can upgrade at will!

It's probably someone who decided that they're done with the world. :p

Now that I can see the hi-res map it doesn't look quite so much like the Pearl Harbor memorial. It's just different long white building floating on the water off the shores of Honolulu.

I agree. I mean, it's drawn in the same style as the ORAS Hoenn map, and Hoenn's a place with a fair bit of ground to cover. And I think Alola looks like it has even more to do.

Compare the region with the more massive ones. The region looks smaller than the 4 previous regions. The island on the left only have 1 small town and maybe 2-3 routes. The next one are about 3 towns and maybe 5 routes, the mid right is looks like 3 towns and 4 routes and the right one 5 towns and 5 routes.

That are about 12 towns and about 16-17 routes, which is as slightly smaller than BW1 Unova. And that's the whole region for main game AS WELL post game. So we shouldn't expect a bigger post game than XY. So either there using all the towns + routes for the main game, which is still smaller than the main game of Kalos, or they're making a small main game with 10 towns and 12-13 routes like Unova and 2 towns + 4-5 routes post game, which isn't very likely because that wouldn't work with the amount of badges, 4-5 routes and only 2 towns and the fact that I can't see an area that could be a post game area except the very left one, which is probably story relevant because the bridge on the island is probably that bridge you encounter Lillie on the trailer or that very very small island on the top right, but I can't see any towns and routes there...

Yeah, no. Alola is definitely smaller than Hoenn, Sinnoh and sequel Unova. I think this is kinda evident, at least to me.

However, exactly *how* much smaller it is, we don´t completely know. It could be at least as big as Kalos, which is at least a decent- sized region and not *that* much smaller than the latter 3, so that would be nice. I think it is Kalos size, which is not bad, I guess.

At least it looks nice, and reminds me of Orange Islands. A region doesn´t always need to be huge to be a good region, although extra size is always a plus.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to, but seeing as I'm real bitter, I'm just gonna gloat just this once.

What's that? Kukui is the professor? You mean to say that my impressions were right all along? Oh my.

Wow, I think the region looks absolutely massive. I can see at least 10 roads and 19 settlements/towns/cities. There's don't seem to be that many routes this time, but that is okay. There will be many water-ways.

I just learned that we have the Alola PokeDex and the MeleMele Pokedex. No idea what that means. Maybe another region nearby?

I just learned that we have the Alola PokeDex and the MeleMele Pokedex. No idea what that means. Maybe another region nearby?

I think that MeleMele is the island we start on. It looks like we get a new Pokédex for every island.

Wow, I think the region looks absolutely massive. I can see at least 10 roads and 19 settlements/towns/cities. There's don't seem to be that many routes this time, but that is okay. There will be many water-ways.
The islands all have blockings, so no water routes between islands. There are bays instead, like the Azure Bay in Kalos, which is one of my favourite places in Kalos.

Alright my thoughts on all this:
  • Trainers: The girl trainer is the cutest thing ever and has managed to make me do something I haven't done since I registered here: change my avatar :p The boy just looks... dull and has a creepy look on his face.
  • Hau: His official art is too precious, I forgive him for being another (too) friendly rival.
  • Lillie: Not sure what to think about her yet, she doesn't seem to like battling so sadly she probably isn't a rival. Hopefully she has an interesting story then.
  • Professor Kukui: I'm glad Kukui is confirmed as the professor, Pokémon professors still always wear lab coats confirmed. Still sad it's no female professor though and he doesn't seem very interesting yet.
  • Legendaries: Happy that Solgaleo isn't fire type, two fire lions are enough thank you. Lunala is still my favourite though, I love how it looks in battle.
  • Region: I also don't understand why people claim the region is small, it looks big enough to me. Especially the lower right island, looks like it can have at least four towns and there's a mountain and a water route too. As long as we haven't seen the actual routes, I don't think we can judge on this yet.
  • Rotom Dex: Just... no, I hope I can turn it off as soon as I get it, it just seems annoying. Also kinda annoyed that an old Pokémon is getting the spotlight again, hardly before any new ones have been introduced.

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but did anyone notice that the "Mega Bracelet" the trainers wear hold the diamond-shaped rocks seen in the box art and not a key stone?

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but did anyone notice that the "Mega Bracelet" the trainers wear hold the diamond-shaped rocks seen in the box art and not a key stone?
Yeah. We are as clueless about it as you are haha.

Some people are speculating Synchro Evolution, similar to Ash-Greninja.

I like the idea of having different Pokedexes for different islands. It seems like a logical idea from a researcher's point of view. Each island having its own section of a Pokedex just adds to the idea that each island will have its own unique identity within Alola. Kindof like how each town has locations and themes that make them stand out from eachother.

It's been pointed out. I definitely think it'll be a Gen VII equivalent of mega evolution. Whether it goes by that name or not, and whether it covers any other (possibly similar) features, we'll have to wait and see. As for Ash-Greninja falling under that banner, I'd say it's a fair guess at this point.

Seeing the map I'm surprised nobody mentioned what looks like a bunch of artificial cascades on the upper-right island and what seems to be a place with four pools connected to the road by a transparent tube (what an odd bridge...)

The lower-right island also have a city within a fort and a city with a giant pagoda (like Tin Tower). And it is just me or there is an elevator leading you to the top of the icy mountain on that same island?

Back
Top Bottom