• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

Fig

Reaction score
The press release from Pokémon UK confirms that Sun and Moon are a new generation:

NEW POKÉMON GAMES ANNOUNCED VIA POKÉMON DIRECT
Newest Generation of Pokémon Core Series Games coming to Nintendo 3DS Late 2016
London—February 26, 2016— For 20 years, Pokémon has delighted millions of fans of all ages and has become one of the most successful entertainment brands in the world. During today’s Pokémon Direct presentation, Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and CEO of The Pokémon Company, announced Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, the newest additions to a legendary series that has sold more than 275 million video games since the debut of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green in 1996 for the Game Boy system in Japan. Developed by GAME FREAK inc., Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will be launching late 2016 exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and, for the first time, will offer Traditional and Simplified Chinese as language options.

“The Pokémon core series games are the centre of the Pokémon universe and provide some of the most memorable Pokémon moments for our fans,” said J.C. Smith, senior director of Consumer Marketing at The Pokémon Company International. “I can’t wait to see what fans think of the new adventures they’ll find inPokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.”

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will also have Pokémon Bank functionality. This online storage application will make it possible for fans to move Pokémon wirelessly from Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow, which come to the Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS on February 27, to Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, andPokémon Y can also be transferred to Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon throughPokémon Bank. More details about this exciting feature can be found here:Pokemon.co.uk/bank

For more information, please visit : Pokemon.co.uk/SunMoon

To view the trailer, follow this link: UK: Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Arrive in Late 2016!

To view the Pokémon Direct in its entirety, visit: Pokémon Direct

Pokémon Official Press Site

tumblr_o35xr9J1x81r2iinvo1_1280.png

Japanese titles :D

Saw this coming a mile off. Anywho. Very hype. Much excite.

Interesting how the Gen I VC Pokemon can only transfer to Sun & Moon. I'm so happy the VC releases can work with Bank, I was thinking of passing them up as I couldm't transfer my Pokemon over, but now I can. Yayyy

tumblr_o35xr9J1x81r2iinvo1_1280.png

Japanese titles :D

So shineh... so many questions though, on top of what we already had.

1. HOW ARE Y'ALL FEELING TODAY??

2. That screenshot with the big building and Horsea statue... the overworld NPC's look like they got smaller heads, like their body proportions look more realistic.

3. Anybody thinking of the possibility of this being the Gold/Silver/HGSS to X/Y? No? Maybe? Not enough info to either confirm or debunk this, so until then any speculation is fair game.

4. THOSE GEMS IN THE LOGO. Special space rocks?

Also, I would keep an eye out for Pokenchi this weekend if I were y'all... I have a strange feeling that they'll give us a Japanese teaser/trailer, and then the other languages will follow suit on their websites.

While I prefer the English logos overall, I am digging the "retro" vibe of those Japanese logos, with the simplicity if the comet and the jewel. They look/feel like little designs you would see on really old video games.

Interesting how the Gen I VC Pokemon can only transfer to Sun & Moon. I'm so happy the VC releases can work with Bank, I was thinking of passing them up as I couldm't transfer my Pokemon over, but now I can. Yayyy
Was it confirmed that they're only compatible with S&M? I assumed that those were used as examples since they're the shiny new upcoming games. Surely if they can be put into Bank in the first place, there's nothing stopping them from being transferred into XY or ORAS.

So are those jewels in the Japanese logos going to deal with a new mechanic ala the mega evolution part of the Japanese XY logos? Or will they deal with a feature of the legendaries ala B2W2 B&W Kyurem???

That Woodpecker looking Pokémon in the trailer had me like :oops:

I look forward to every month from now! Best times are when new Pokémon come through Corocoro, I cannot wait!

Was it confirmed that they're only compatible with S&M? I assumed that those were used as examples since they're the shiny new upcoming games. Surely if they can be put into Bank in the first place, there's nothing stopping them from being transferred into XY or ORAS.
They would have obviously mentioned XY/ORAS if it were possible. Limiting compatibility to the new generation is just a marketing decision to generate more hype.

It is, however, confirmed that XY/ORAS Pokemon can be transferred to Sun and Moon.

Am I the only one who notice that this time, the of Pocket Monster on the Japanese logo contain a diamond for its upper mark. Back in X and Y, the same thing happen, with the upper mark of the of Pocket Monster being the symbol for Mega.

Pretty surprised we're doing Gen 7 without Z, but this is awesome.

Definitely going to be a tropical region again. Coastal and tropical. Calling it: Singapore.

(Archaic will probably guess Hong Kong)

Can't say much until the box mascots are out, but this may mean Zygarde's forms are anime-only.

Same goes for Ash-greninja

Pokémon Bank | Pokémon Video Games

Says right there.

You will be able to use your existing Pokémon Bank account to transfer Pokémon from Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow to Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

Note that Pokémon cannot be moved directly from Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow to Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y via Pokémon Bank.

Back
Top Bottom