• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

Random thought of the day:
Sun and Moon parallels Gold and Silver lets say. This time the 3rd version returns, and there is no trio master, just the two legendaries however. Like Crystal, the box mascot is unrelated to the duo, like Suicune. Thus, Zygarde finally gets its game 3 years later. I personally don't care about it too much, but the idea popped into my head.

Sun and Moon parallels Gold and Silver lets say. This time the 3rd version returns, and there is no trio master, just the two legendaries however. Like Crystal, the box mascot is unrelated to the duo, like Suicune. Thus, Zygarde finally gets its game 3 years later. I personally don't care about it too much, but the idea popped into my head.
So the third version will be Earth?

I don't know if anyone's brought this up but Serebii's POTW will once again be unfinished before the next Gen starts. Gen V's POTW did not finish before XY came out and now the same thing is happening with Gen VI. I don't even know what the purpose of it is anymore. I'm not complaining because I've always thought the POTW was terrible. In fact I think it's hilarious that it still isn't finished.

I don't know if anyone's brought this up but Serebii's POTW will once again be unfinished before the next Gen starts. Gen V's POTW did not finish before XY came out and now the same thing is happening with Gen VI. I don't even know what the purpose of it is anymore. I'm not complaining because I've always thought the POTW was terrible. In fact I think it's hilarious that it still isn't finished.
He can't cover all fully evolved Pokemon on a weekly basis. No generation will ever be long enough for that.

I actually had a dream that CoroCoro leaked with SM news and we saw some new Pokemon plus the player characters in game screenshots and everyone was trying to draw them based on the chibi models.
WHAT?! CHIBI MODELS STILL?! NOOOO!!!! I THOUGHT THE CONCEPT ART WE GOT HAD MODELS THAT LOOKED MORE NORMAL!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kidddiinngggg
I see a major overhaul happening. With all these distributions, leaving almost nothing we haven't received yet, I think Gen 7 is bringing a game changer to centre stage, I believe it will be completely unexpected yet brilliant.
I want to believe this possible "return to simplicity" is something great and I think it will be.
I think things like this every time a new generation is about to be revealed, and pretty much every time I'm slightly disappointed. So though I HOPE you're right, I also have to keep my expectations low.

(I mentioned this in the thread for Riding.... now I'm just promoting this idea because I feel I have to.... (Maybe GF visits these forums sometimes but they don't read everything.... So maybe if I say it enough times, they'll read it and like it)):
If there IS a brilliant game changer, I hope it's that the idea of riding is combined with HM's, so we have something like Field Abilities from Pokemon Ranger, and HMs are gone..... Maybe it won't seem like a big deal, except that this would also be an excuse for us to be able to walk with our pokemon again (i.e. the pokemon we can't ride, we can walk with), and in terms of actual game play, we've had HM's for every main series game since the very first ones, so it would literally be a game changer.
Also, it would be a return to simplicity because it would combine the concepts of walking with your Pokemon, all the different HMs, and riding Pokemon in XYORAS (albeit those were not your OWN Pokemon), AND Soaring.... So it's simple in the sense that it takes multiple features and makes them into a single feature...

Well I know there's many people on this forum that would LOVE the idea.... I might even be included in those people.... I definitely like it though, but only if the two SM legendaries are a duo.... If they're a trio, then making Zygarde the cover of the third version would be as unfair to that third member as the lack of Z was to Zygarde.... Unless that third member gets a game in Gen VIII and we get a trend.....
So the third version will be Earth?
Actually, and this has been mentioned before, it's thought that Pokemon GO could be the Pokemon Earth to Sun and Moon, especially if you look at the logos.
Okay, can someone explain to me, what's the point of Pokemon of the Week anyway? I never understood it. :/

I think things like this every time a new generation is about to be revealed, and pretty much every time I'm slightly disappointed. So though I HOPE you're right, I also have to keep my expectations low.

(I mentioned this in the thread for Riding.... now I'm just promoting this idea because I feel I have to.... (Maybe GF visits these forums sometimes but they don't read everything.... So maybe if I say it enough times, they'll read it and like it)):
If there IS a brilliant game changer, I hope it's that the idea of riding is combined with HM's to remove HMs..... Maybe it won't seem like a big deal, except that this would also be an excuse for us to be able to walk with our pokemon again (i.e. the pokemon we can't ride, we can walk with), and in terms of actual game play, we've had HM's for every main series game since the very first ones, so it would literally be a game changer.
Also, it would be a return to simplicity because it would combine the concepts of walking with your Pokemon, all the different HMs, and riding Pokemon in XYORAS (albeit those were not your OWN Pokemon), AND Soaring.... So it's simple in the sense that it takes multiple features and makes them into a single feature...

I agree, I get that similar feeling at the start of a new generation too, but it's the way things have been happening reveal wise ect the past half year, it's like they really are hiding something completely unexpected, like how mega evolution was a discarded theory before it happened.

I absolutely love that theory though, the combining of HM's with riding to remove HMs in general, for the walking Pokémon concept to also make a brief 'cameo' or a more thorough appearance. That sounds like a "simple" approach we'd be aware of cause it's a return of something but their all being combined. Oooh these next few months are going to be sooo juicy!

I wonder if they'll reuse any music themes from previous games or will everything be completely new.
Wellll if you mean remake (you probably don't), then we'll obviously get remakes of the usual themes....
As for actual reusing, I'm pretty sure Gen V games reused some themes from Gen IV games, or am I wrong? So I think we might see some literally reused theme from VI....
Now that I think about it though.... Given it's an anniversary game, I wouldn't even be surprised if they add some "Retro Music" option, which would change most of the game's soundtrack to the RBY soundtrack... Of course, as I said, it would be an option, but that's something I'd see them doing and I'm sure it wouldn't take up a lot of space either....

As for actual reusing, I'm pretty sure Gen V games reused some themes from Gen IV games, or am I wrong?

It recycled a few, but as far as I know, all of them were remixed. It also remixed Blue's Champion theme, but so did Gen VI. In any case, it wasn't like with the Mirage Spot Legendaries in ORAS where they literally just reused the tracks from the old games.

It recycled a few, but as far as I know, all of them were remixed. It also remixed Blue's Champion theme, but so did Gen VI. In any case, it wasn't like with the Mirage Spot Legendaries in ORAS where they literally just reused the tracks from the old games.
OOOHH I didn't know about that, wow. Okay, if that happened in ORAS then I'm almost sure we'll see something like that in SM.

OOOHH I didn't know about that, wow. Okay, if that happened in ORAS then I'm almost sure we'll see something like that in SM.

I'm not so sure, personally. I think the examples in ORAS could have been more circumstantial - there were a lot of Legendaries to include, and remixing all of those tracks would have been a lot of extra work. Reusing old tracks saves time and effort, and offers free nostalgia. And, I have seen it suggested by some that they may have been attempting to imply that those Legendaries were pulled out of other dimensions by Hoopa, but I am thinking of it from more practical perspective here.

That being said, however - those may not be the only examples of old tracks being used in new games. While XY featured a remixed Jubilife City theme, I don't think that the Emotion theme from BW (which you can listen to via an NPC at Coumarine City; the same goes for the Jubilife City theme, except the NPC who plays that one is in Snowbelle City) was remixed. And, I just remembered that in BW, you could have the Sound Designer at the Game Freak HQ in Castelia City play the Team Rocket theme, but I cannot remember if that instance was a remix or not.

Seems like they reuse and remix as they please and where they have the time to remix the music. Some beaty music in some routes and towns would be nice. :)

That being said, however - those may not be the only examples of old tracks being used in new games. While XY featured a remixed Jubilife City theme, I don't think that the Emotion theme from BW (which you can listen to via an NPC at Coumarine City; the same goes for the Jubilife City theme, except the NPC who plays that one is in Snowbelle City) was remixed. And, I just remembered that in BW, you could have the Sound Designer at the Game Freak HQ in Castelia City play the Team Rocket theme, but I cannot remember if that instance was a remix or not.
For the latter two cases:
-Unwavering Emotions was definitely redone. Try listening to them side-by-side and you'll notice the quality jump.
-Maybe slightly better instruments in the case of "Team Rocket!?", it's a very minimal difference from HGSS if any because of the games sharing similar soundfonts.
-Oh, also, there's one more instance of a music override. B2W2 plays the Route 10 theme in place of Team Rocket since you can no longer access the route.

I want more of these hidden songs, to be perfectly honest with you - though admittedly, I dunno what song I'd want to make that cameo.
And all this talk about music - it's now making me curious if they'll remix, for the third time, the Kanto Champion theme for the Pokémon World Championships - every Generation with it has had it rearranged so far. That being said, since it's on 3DS, they may simply go with the Gen VI version of the theme again instead of making what would essentially be a redundant arrangement, unless the music style for Generation VII is super-different and necessitates such a remix.

Only thing that surprised me about their choice to port the original themes for ORAS Mirage Spots, was them using Zekrom's theme for the entire Tao Trio.

It's the same song really, but Zekrom's version has a lightning effect, Reshiram's has a flame effect, and Kyurem's sounds broken.

In ORAS, they all use Zekrom's version, lightning sound included, for some reason.

Zekrom domination confirmed.

For the latter two cases:
-Unwavering Emotions was definitely redone. Try listening to them side-by-side and you'll notice the quality jump.
-Maybe slightly better instruments in the case of "Team Rocket!?", it's a very minimal difference from HGSS if any because of the games sharing similar soundfonts.
-Oh, also, there's one more instance of a music override. B2W2 plays the Route 10 theme in place of Team Rocket since you can no longer access the route.

Interesting note on the Emotion theme. And yeah, I remembered the Route 10 one (although I think that's in the grunt house in Icirrus City, not the Game Freak HQ), but I was more talking about inter-generational reuses.

I want more of these hidden songs, to be perfectly honest with you - though admittedly, I dunno what song I'd want to make that cameo.

I could see AZ's theme popping up. Although it sort of already did in ORAS, in the prologue for the Delta Episode.

And all this talk about music - it's now making me curious if they'll remix, for the third time, the Kanto Champion theme for the Pokémon World Championships - every Generation with it has had it rearranged so far. That being said, since it's on 3DS, they may simply go with the Gen VI version of the theme again instead of making what would essentially be a redundant arrangement, unless the music style for Generation VII is super-different and necessitates such a remix.

Cynthia's theme has been given several remixes, even between BW and B2W2, so I wouldn't be surprised if they remixed Blue's theme again.

Only thing that surprised me about their choice to port the original themes for ORAS Mirage Spots, was them using Zekrom's theme for the entire Tao Trio.

It's the same song really, but Zekrom's version has a lightning effect, Reshiram's has a flame effect, and Kyurem's sounds broken.

In ORAS, they all use Zekrom's version, lightning sound included, for some reason.

Zekrom domination confirmed.

Aggh. Yeah, that does bother me. Why not just use Kyurem's bass version for all of them, or better yet, their proper individual themes!?

Of course, I would have also preferred for them to use the Beast trio's individual themes from HGSS as opposed to the old 8-bit tunes from GSC.

Aggh. Yeah, that does bother me. Why not just use Kyurem's bass version for all of them, or better yet, their proper individual themes!?

Of course, I would have also preferred for them to use the Beast trio's individual themes from HGSS as opposed to the old 8-bit tunes from GSC.
I don't mind it that much, and Zekrom is my favourite of the Tao Trio, but I just hope they used his theme on purpose and not out of laziness. (maybe they are Zekrom fans like me? :p)

Back
Top Bottom