• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

It's true that a lot of the time you get crap, but you will often get breeding fodder and occassionally legendaries and shinies. Feliciano has gotten fully competetively built pokemon over the WT before. And it's great for building up pokemiles or getting pokemon from other regions.
And, frankly, it's just a lot of fun. I like the excitement of not knowing exactly what I'm gonna get.

I have gotten so many goodies through wonder trading its amazing. DexNaving for a perfect Pokemon netted me like 3 boxes of ralts and 5 boxes of Tailow, and trading em all away was some of my favorite moments. Shiny HA Tepig, Hoopa, Shiny Rayquaza from the movie, and some other rarities.

Wonder Trading sounds fun! :)

Anway, someone mentioned a possible Bug/Fairy. This so much! Fairy and Bug are my favorite two types! :D

A few weeks back I got a shiny Xerneas and a shiny Yveltal on Wonder Trade. Of course they were hacked and I had to release them, but was still cool to add their shinies to my PokeDex. Wonder Trading is pretty addictive, but I'm one of those people who sends out my IV breeding leftovers on there, so I usually have boxes upon boxes to get rid of anyway.

I hope they don't remove it. Well, I can't see them removing it, it's one of those things that seems like it'll be integrated in again. I wonder if any of the Game Freak staff use it and are tired of all the Pidgey/Fletchling/Caterpire/Zigzagoon/Wurmple that goes on...

I once got a Shiny Gardevoir from WT and nearly had a heart attack (points at sig); I indulged myself enough to go do a battle with it and Mega Evolve it, but then I sent it back into WT because I want to breed my own at some point and figured somebody else would like to have the reaction that I had just had.

I don't mind the constant early Bug types; they're inevitable so I just accept that. (I guess that's kind of what XY was about? Some people will give, others will take...) Eventually you come upon something more interesting.

Last edited:
Is anyone else getting the vibe that we won't be able to catch Kanto pokemon in S/M?

It sounds farfetched, but the whole R/B pokebank compatibility kinda makes it seem that way. It's like, why bother transferring an Oddish or something from R/B if you could just catch it in-game? Just a thought.
That's silly. That could literally be said about any generation except for 3.

Why bother catching a zubat in g/s/c when you could just transfer one from rby?

Why bother catching a snorunt in dppt when you could just transfer one from rse?

Why bother catching a combee in bw/bw2 when you could just transfer one from dppt?

Why bother catching a vannilite in xy when you could just transfer one from bw/bw2?

Plus, not everybody has pokemon bank or the vc releases you know.

Last edited:
I do enjoy wonder trading. It's honestly one of the last things I can see them removing. There's something fun about sending a Pokemon out there, without knowing what you'll get back in return. I've never got anything amazing off of wonder trade, but it's fun and the trainer IDs come in handy for the ID Lottery. The PSS only helped make online interactions like this smoother as well.

Still clogs up your PC but instead of breedi g rejects its random pokemo
Except I'd rather have Pokemon with near perfect IVs than random IVs. It wouldn't clog up my PC if I release any other Pokemon of that same species, which I would as long as I had not trained them (i.e. grown an emotional bond to them).
What does "clogging up a PC" even mean? Don't people WANT to have a lot of Pokemon? If there are Pokemon in there you don't like, you can release them. How does wonder trading increase the net amount of clogged up PCs if it doesn't increase the net amount of total Pokemon (because they are being TRADED, not handed out)?

That's silly. That could literally be said about any generation except for 3.

Why bother catching a zubat in g/s/c when you could just transfer one from rby?

Why bother catching a snorunt in dppt when you could just transfer one from rse?

Why bother catching a combee in bw/bw2 when you could just transfer one from dppt?

Why bother catching a vannilite in xy when you could just transfer one from bw/bw2?

Plus, not everybody has pokemon bank or the vc releases you know.

okay maybe "no catchable kanto pokemon in sm" is a bit much, but I still don't really see the point of transferring from R/B, especially when you can transfer from gen 6 as well, which already has everything available in it. Beyond GF just trying to give people more reasons to purchase the VC releases, it just doesn't really seem to have much purpose.

It was never mentioned in the trailer how SM would be compatible to Gen VI. I'd presume they'd still use Pokebank from what they're doing with RBY, and this would include PokeTransporter. But would this make you be able to transfer Gen V to Gen VII if they didn't change it?

It was never mentioned in the trailer how SM would be compatible to Gen VI.

However, it was mentioned not long after on pokemon.com:
Using Pokémon Bank, you'll be able to transfer Pokémon you've caught in the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, andPokémon Yellow into your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way.

Thankyou. So does this mean that they're not using Transporter?

The reason for the transporter was likely because there was no way of making older games Pokebank compatible. As gen 6 is already compatible there would be no reason to add a step. From now on I imagine bringing Pokemon from previous gens will be much easier as they have said the plan to continue to Pokebank. Pokebank will likely get an update within a couple of month of Sun and Moons release to be able to connect with sun and Moon as well as the VC games.

But what relevance does the Transporter have to Gen VII, anyway? Surely anybody who was going to use the Transporter to transfer Pokémon from Gen V has done so by now and put them onto their Gen VI games? Okay maybe you have your cases of people who weren't able to get either XY or ORAS but can now get one of SM and want to send their Pokémon up to that, but I imagine that's a very small pool of people.

In any case, doesn't all the Transporter do is move the Pokémon from BW/B2W2 and into the Bank, without needing to select a Gen VI game? I only ever used it the one time, so I am genuinely unsure. Why couldn't you do that and then simply move the Pokémon down to SM?

But what relevance does the Transporter have to Gen VII, anyway? Surely anybody who was going to use the Transporter to transfer Pokémon from Gen V has done so by now and put them onto their Gen VI games? Okay maybe you have your cases of people who weren't able to get either XY or ORAS but can now get one of SM and want to send their Pokémon up to that, but I imagine that's a very small pool of people.

Transporter has as much relevance as Pal Park & Poke Transfer do. It'll still be useful for people who haven't made the transfer for whatever reason, and for people replaying the older titles who want to transfer them over when they're done.

In any case, doesn't all the Transporter do is move the Pokémon from BW/B2W2 and into the Bank, without needing to select a Gen VI game? I only ever used it the one time, so I am genuinely unsure. Why couldn't you do that and then simply move the Pokémon down to SM?

That's correct. Transporter is a part of Bank, and moves Pokemon to Bank.

Transporter being made compatible with Gen IV games via an update would be a nice addition, but at this point I doubt they'd bother as the Pokedex is already all obtainable within Gen VI titles and events.

Hopefully we get to transfer items from Gen VI this time. Or they can at least let us outright buy Choice Bands and whatnot. BP grinding is time-consuming and is the main reason why I didn't get competitive with ORAS. You can't transfer items via PokéBank within the same Generation? Wynaut?!

Hopefully we get to transfer items from Gen VI this time. Or they can at least let us outright buy Choice Bands and whatnot. BP grinding is time-consuming and is the main reason why I didn't get competitive with ORAS. You can't transfer items via PokéBank within the same Generation? Wynaut?!
Because that would be too easy and I was hoping that we transfer things over to gen 7 too.

Back
Top Bottom