• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

That Leaf art is adorbs.

It's nice that they picked her for the art, as she's often bypassed.

edit: just checked out the site, some of the art depicting HMs is hilarious.

Last edited:
Right, but considering how the shape fits and the colors are the same, and the fact that its Hilda, it fits. The site is accurate when it comes to the details of each game, and BW is the one game in the entire series with no old Pokemon. Shellder is so specific and doesn't fit with BW, it makes sense if its useage is a nod to the generic blob not being a generic blob.

The sprite clearly has a tail though. I think you're reading way too much into it.

Also loving that Slowpoke art <3

This site is spectacular. I love this art so much. :D
Right, but considering how the shape fits and the colors are the same, and the fact that its Hilda, it fits. The site is accurate when it comes to the details of each game, and BW is the one game in the entire series with no old Pokemon. Shellder is so specific and doesn't fit with BW, it makes sense if its useage is a nod to the generic blob not being a generic blob.

Technically you *can* find Shellder naturally in Unova, but only in the post-game (and that picture is indeed taking place by Undella Town).

At any rate, yeah, I still think it's just a generic blob in the games, and that these images are specifically tailored to the screenshots.

I think that the generic blob is just the default sprite used for almost all surfing Pokemon and that is just the generic blob.

Yo, that Poliwhirl, tho.

hiden_8c_2.jpg
Now that I see that image, though, that's hilarious. A mon that uses Whirlpool to counteract the existing whirlpool rotation and allow safe travel across.

I love all that artwork!

I'm glad they used Leaf for one of them as she tends to be ignored.

Yo, that Poliwhirl, tho.

hiden_8c_2.jpg
Now that I see that image, though, that's hilarious. A mon that uses Whirlpool to counteract the existing whirlpool rotation and allow safe travel across.
Yeah, but real fun thing is that Poliwhirl already has a whirl on its belly and it's whirling around on top of a whirlpool, enough to make the trainer faint just by looking at it.
-When Geodude uses Rock Smash, a wild Geodude will appear, it's a surprise for both Geodude.
-Slowpoke lets the trainer ride on its back and Dive into the ocean, but somehow, it's moving REEAAAALLY SSLLLLOOOWW.
-Drifloon is trying its best to Defog, I'm worry that its body might flatten (from blowing out all the air in its body).
-Koffing is shining in the cave. Even though it's bright, it's hard to see because of the smoke.

They have included HMs in every main series game. It is true that there is a chance of having no HMs but it is very likely that Sun and Moon would keep them.
They shod atleast make them forgettable or regular tms that use feild moves like dog since tms are unlmited now.

Which also raises the question why it took to gen 5 to get multiple uses on tms

Okay I just saw all those pics on the JP website link
What's the Scientist and Koffing site? Can someone explain what's going on here? Is this stuff just for fun or is it relevant to SM? And why are there ORAS scrnshots at the bottom?
Is it just (slow)"Pok(emon)ing" (when you have too many ideas for a pun at once) fun at how HM's work in the Pokemon world? Or does it mean something more.....?

What's the Scientist and Koffing site? Can someone explain what's going on here? Is this stuff just for fun or is it relevant to SM? And why are there ORAS scrnshots at the bottom?
Is it just (slow)"Pok(emon)ing" (when you have too many ideas for a pun at once) fun at how HM's work in the Pokemon world? Or does it mean something more.....?
I checked out most of the site and I think that it is a guide for the games. But it is presented in a very hilarious manner.

By the way, the scientist is the generic artwork for a male scientist in XY, so I don't think he's supposed to be a particular character, just "random scientist with a Koffing".

They are quite entertaining. How long has this page been around, and why would they update it now?

It's just a fun little retrospective site for the series' history. I don't know when exactly it went up, but it was probably quite recent. It circulated in this thread before about a week or two ago.

They are quite entertaining. How long has this page been around, and why would they update it now?
Three things:
1. The site began in 1995.
2. They have probably been updating it the whole time since then. We have only discovered it now.
3. The scientist has possibly been the scientist of each generation from 1995 until now.

By the way, the scientist is the generic artwork for a male scientist in XY, so I don't think he's supposed to be a particular character, just "random scientist with a Koffing".
He is generic, but they did give him a name in Japanese. It's Kazuki, meaning "lone tree?".

He is generic, but they did give him a name in Japanese. It's Kazuki, meaning "lone tree?".

Ah, Dr. Kazuki...you the real MVP. We all know it.

Not to double post, but his name meaning "Lone Tree" probably alludes to the fact that he hides behind trees and spies around at things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom