• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

I wonder, if they are going to talk shop, they could be confirming each persons role on the games. If we get something like confirmation of who does what, then I will be very excited. Masuda on music, Ohmori on the region and map design with Motimoto as the director is my ideal. ORAS had some interesting map updates for some routes, and Sea Mauville is one of the best dungeons. Also, I liked Ohmori's use of the camera for some of the areas, like Mount Pyre, Battle Resort and the Meteor Falls, so having a new region to go wild on with all the ideas running in his head should be cool.

I wonder, if they are going to talk shop, they could be confirming each persons role on the games. If we get something like confirmation of who does what, then I will be very excited. Masuda on music, Ohmori on the region and map design with Motimoto as the director is my ideal. ORAS had some interesting map updates for some routes, and Sea Mauville is one of the best dungeons. Also, I liked Ohmori's use of the camera for some of the areas, like Mount Pyre, Battle Resort and the Meteor Falls, so having a new region to go wild on with all the ideas running in his head should be cool.

This. I'm also looking forward to the BGM themes 'n whatnot that Masuda will give us. All the music in Kalos and Zinnia's and Wally's themes in ORAS are my favorites.

The thing with the Pokenchi's tweet is that its wording is very ambiguous. It just said that, for the 1st time, Masuda will start covering the "footage" for Pokemon Sun and Moon. Note only the word footage is used, no new or exclusive or anything like that. So it's a 50/50 bet for hypers.

Right now, I will take anything. I don't care if all they do is discuss the footage we just saw, as long as we get some news. Slag, even if I just get a name for that bird, I'll take that. I don't want to sound like I'm preparing for the worst but as a friend of mine has said, "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst." It's sound advice in this case.

You watch: they'll actually show a freaking game footage trailer, just to prove me wrong. (Please Primus, let me be wrong...)

I hope they give us some sort of bone to chew on when Pokenchi airs or whatever. I would really be happy if they gave us the Starters, or at least their first stages, like they've done in the past. Maybe tell us what that bird is during the previous footage as well. But at the very least I would like to get some sort of silhouette of the box legends or starters. If they gave us the starters AND box legends, then I'd be REALLY happy, let alone actual game footage thrown into the mix. I won't get my hopes up, however, as they are known for being the ultimate teasers, bating us with possible info then leaving us hanging until later down the road. But if anything, at least give us silhouettes of the starters.

What if they show us a strange random building and that bird flies by? That would really fuel speculation to ultimate levels!

So I predict some gameplay szenes for S/M and the silhouette for the starters and the protagonists/starter reveal in the corocoro.

Also predict a new kind of mega evolution involving the crystals on the japanese S/M logos and Shadow Mewtu from Pokken and Ash Greninja from the anime which needs Sunlight/Moonlight instead of life energy.

So I predict some gameplay szenes for S/M and the silhouette for the starters and the protagonists/starter reveal in the corocoro.

Also predict a new kind of mega evolution involving the crystals on the japanese S/M logos and Shadow Mewtu from Pokken and Ash Greninja from the anime which needs Sunlight/Moonlight instead of life energy.
Whoa! Slow down there. You're going to explode! Just take one step at a time. :)

Speaking of which, hopefully they include more overworld Pokémon. ORAS was great with this, but it was an area-specific thing only.
EDIT: Greninja'd.

The more I hear about what is going to happen on pokenchi, the more I think we won't get anything like what we want. I think they'll expand a little on what was in the anniversary video but ultimately won't give us either the starters or the box legendaries and probably not even the trainers. At best they might give the name of the new pokemon from the video, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah, with the latest word on Pokenchi it sounds like we might be setting ourselves up for some disappointment. I really hope that I'm wrong on this one but it seems that it might just be the anniversary trailer all over again.

Of course, this could be a set-up for more coverage via CoroCoro but who knows. I'm really hoping we'll get more than what's been implied, though. The news drought is driving me nuts over here.

Corocoro will most likely be box cover legends. As last issue preview in super font stated that, "the legend, begin". But this too is ambiguous, as I can't tell whether this legend means the box legend or legend as a figurative speech like the legend of Sun and Moon.

Moon! It sounds like Soon!

They both have four letters. Four is the number of death in japan. END OF POKEMON?!

Sun has three letters. Moon has four letters. Together it is seven letters. Pokemon also has seven letters. This is the seventh generation of pokemon. 777! THIS IS THE LUCKIEST POKEMON GENERATION! Must mean we will have shiny pokemon everywhere! ALl the pokemon are carrying their rare items they have a chance of carrying. Pokemon with pickup will find only items like nuggets, rare candy, and revives! NO POKEBALLS MISS.

Okay I'm okay now. April first is getting to me.

the real April fools is that when pokenchi said "first footage". . .

they literally meant first footage (announcement trailer) ;_;

If corocoro doesn't give us either the legends or starters, I suspect GF may be pulling us along us a string, and waiting for E3. I know May is usually when we get the good stuff, but they do handle pre-release differently each gen. It could happen. They did do the big fairy type reveal at e3 during X/Y pre-release.

Man, with this new's drought, I nearly forgot we're headed into a new generation.

If corocoro doesn't give us either the legends or starters, I suspect GF may be pulling us along us a string, and waiting for E3. I know May is usually when we get the good stuff, but they do handle pre-release differently each gen. It could happen. They did do the big fairy type reveal at e3 during X/Y pre-release.

Man, with this new's drought, I nearly forgot we're headed into a new generation.

But then what else would CoroCoro give if not those?
If they wait till E3 for major info............... No......

I'm in the camp who believes they can't possibly be bringing 3 of the producers onto the show, Masuda included, just to repeat a trailer that is now over a month old. That would be inane.

At the very least they might do something cool like play the trailer, stop at certain bits, and get Masuda and the others to explain what we're seeing. For example - what's up with the vehicles? Are we going to a Hawaii-based region? They could talk about that. They could also stop at the bird Pokemon and give us a proper reveal.

(God, I want so badly to be hyped about this. My inner cynic is like 'don't get your hopes up' but my inner 10 year old is making popcorn and planning a party).

Back
Top Bottom