• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

Yes, Victini was the last one where you could catch it on Liberty Island, I think. This is still an even of sorts, so I hope this isn't the case.

Generally, I'd say the way that Victini was distributed in BW was great and easy, but it sucks that I don't think Africa got it, huh? And also apparently nowhere near you has wifi...

Generally, I'd say the way that Victini was distributed in BW was great and easy, but it sucks that I don't think Africa got it, huh? And also apparently nowhere near you has wifi...
Africa has the same events, dates and releases as Europe. Yeah, I am basically living in a cave. :p

I want to say something great about South Africa, but to be honest all I know about it is District 9, Chappy and Apocalypse Now Now, and something tell me those aren't very accurate...

I want to say something great about South Africa, but to be honest all I know about it is District 9, Chappy and Apocalypse Now Now, and something tell me those aren't very accurate...
That's alright. We should get back to topic though. I don't think that we'll see something like the Delta Episode in Sun and Moon, because they have been giving every event pokemon every month this year. So if we do see one, it will have to be about Magearna.

I hope we get the plot part of the Delta episode. The absence of a Mythical is good, because they're meant to be rare and hard to get. That's part of the challenge. Now, everyone with wifi (sorry for those who don't) can get most of the mythicals this year, and that will help finish off some people's collections. To some people, getting all the mythicals is a large goal of the game in itself.

I don't think that we'll see something like the Delta Episode in Sun and Moon, because they have been giving every event pokemon every month this year. So if we do see one, it will have to be about Magearna.

It doesn't have to be about Magearna. It could be about Zygarde, or a brand new Pokemon altogether.

I would really prefer for mythicals to have actual in-game events/story and battles to capture them. I hate just being handed them in a gift like "here ya go!"
Giving them an area to to catch them at is better for region development and their own development IMO, something I felt like Hoopa, Diancie, and now Volcanion all lacked. Even Keldeo, despite being a gift, had an area to go to in order to teach it a certain move, which built up its backstory more than simply receiving it at the poke center and then leaving you to do whatever.

Giving them an area to to catch them at is better for region development and their own development IMO, something I felt like Hoopa, Diancie, and now Volcanion all lacked. Even Keldeo, despite being a gift, had an area to go to in order to teach it a certain move, which built up its backstory more than simply receiving it at the poke center and then leaving you to do whatever.

The pokemon had an actual backstory. After you get then, some NPC around the region are telling you about some of the backstory of them. Volcanion as an example had an NPC in Mauville City TV Station with a more long dialog of it's existence and some other dialogs like the girl in Lumiose City hinting it being man made etc. But yeah I would like extra areas for the Pokemon. Don't get it why they didn't used the steam powered power plant for Volcanion.

I'm fine with being handed mythicals now, as it is more convenient to soft reset for good natures etc.

Though I do hope they keep up the backstory to these events, like with Hoopa & Volcanion. They had some great backstory between them sprinkled through-out the Gen VI games.

They have improved the the mythical backstories recently, as seen with Hoopa's thing. But they were pointless, and that's what we're lacking. We need more point in getting mythicals that relate to the games plot, not some random Hoopa story about the Prison Bottle. But they are improving, and that's all we can ask for.

idk, I really enjoyed story about the Prison Bottle. It was short, but it had quite a mysterious/creepy feel to it.

I kindof hope they keep that event in future games to get the Prison Bottle in them.

I didn't have a problem with that story on the Prison Bottle, but if they could expand on it and actually put some missions related to it in-game, that'd be great.
Adding missions related to it would be cool except it would further disadvantage those who don't have access to events

Personally, I am getting sick of event legendaries, especially when they're just given to use at a Pokemon Center on a silver platter. You can't even change their nicknames without hacking them, they're basically treated as traded Pokemon when they have the ID number and name of basically the event itself and not your own, which basically makes it feel like they're not even your own and you're just borrowing someone else's Pokemon, so it just kinda comes off as lazy to me.

Whatever happened to going through the effort to get them like they did with Deoxys in Gen 3, the Gen 4 event legendaries, and Victini in Gen 5. No, instead you're just given them on a silver platter, and with someone else's ID no and name so you can never nickname them and truly make it seem like your own, it's basically someone else's Pokemon. My guess as to why they do this is to ensure they're not hacked and are always legal, even though they are almost always banned from tournaments and in-game battle facilities, which basically makes them completely useless and essentially Pokedex filler that's going to sit in your PC for all eternity.

Heck, I think they should stop with legendary Pokemon altogether (both in-game and event), most of the time they're just plot devices and nothing more since they only really seem to exist for Pokedex completion and nothing else. I mean, why make a Pokemon that you're basically not even allowed to use? Sadly, I don't ever see this changing in the future. I do kinda wish Gen 7 changed up the usual formula since it's gotten a little stale by now.

The one thing I hate about Mythicals is that resetting a game in which a Mythical requires a unique location to be caught means you can never travel there again in future playthroughs. I don't like losing that stuff, which is why I'm personally happy that Mythicals are distributed in the fashion that they are right now - the prospect of a future reset in those games doesn't cause me grief at losing something like the Pikachu Pokéwalker trail thing.

Back
Top Bottom