• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

I dont mind Mythicals. I think they're nice for collecting and I think it would be too weird if they dropped them now myself. I think they should stay.

As for legendaries, I think they're fine. Id like them to stop making plots around them myself but want legends to stay much for the same reason as Mythicals. Also they can be used in game, in game you can use what you like IMO. Nothing's stopping you from using what you want in game.

They need to limit the mythicals and change things up as far as the generation goes. Thinking really hard on it, it's scary to think that generations' lifespans are pretty much determined by the amount of pointless, unusable at facilities mythicals which now only get some NPC story and not even an area to go to. They need a better way to extend the generations instead of just this. I think they will do something though, Masuda said they wanna break patterns, and knowing that a generation is only as long as they can distribute the new mythicals is almost the most predictable pattern now...

I almost never use legendaries on my teams, I prefer raising more common ones. The only time I did was Latios in ORAS, and only so I would have easy access to soaring. Every other legendary has only been caught for collective purposes. I would dump them into the PC and forget I even had them.

That said, I would like it if there were a lot less legendary and mythical Pokemon as I don't find much use for them otherwise.

If Volcanio is somewhere located in Sun and Moon, then it makes sense. Fire representing the volcanoes and Water representing the seas.

Last edited:
I'm going to be the one to say it. Resetting doesn't make me feel good when there are things and areas I can never go back to if I do so - that's how I feel about Generations III to V and their use of event-exclusive locations that exist for the purpose of catching a Mythical Pokémon. That's why I prefer the way they distribute them now, even though it does rob us of the ability to rename them.

At least, for Game Freak, it means nobody has a chance to trade the damn things away by accident on the GTS, given that they all come with a ribbon to prevent that.

Edit: Whoops! I didn't realise I had posted essentially the same thing twice. I'll leave it as is, though.

Last edited:
the guy in this video makes some pretty interesting predictions about Sun/Moon and a relation to Zygarde. Worth watching, at least for some cool ideas and observations (some of which I've seen other people on the forum make in the past, including myself at times):

EDIT: By the way, his theory isn't that Zygarde is actually the Sun legendary. That idea is halfway through the video, then quickly replaced. It's not as crazy as the thumbnail may look.

Perfect Zygarde has 5 markings on its chest. Red, Blue, Orange, light purple-ish, and white in the middle. Those 3rd and 4th colors are the same shades as Sun/Moon logos. What if Zygarde is not only the "trio master" of XY, but also the trio master of SM. This video goes into more detail. I think I like where this is going.

the guy in this video makes some pretty interesting predictions about Sun/Moon and a relation to Zygarde. Worth watching, at least for some cool ideas and observations (some of which I've seen other people on the forum make in the past, including myself at times):

EDIT: By the way, his theory isn't that Zygarde is actually the Sun legendary. That idea is halfway through the video, then quickly replaced. It's not as crazy as the thumbnail may look.

Perfect Zygarde has 5 markings on its chest. Red, Blue, Orange, light purple-ish, and white in the middle. Those 3rd and 4th colors are the same shades as Sun/Moon logos. What if Zygarde is not only the "trio master" of XY, but also the trio master of SM. This video goes into more detail. I think I like where this is going.

That is neat and all, but just about every one of his theories aren't original. Especially the gems on Zygarde's chest, those have been discussed to death. Nice video though. Waiting for Corocoro to leak is making me impatient!

I just wish that I could see the video.
Anyway, if
Red = Yveltal
Blue = Xerneas
Orange = Sun legendary
Light purple = Moon legendary
Then
White = ???

I never understood the point of Mythicals. They are Pokemon that you barely use and can't use at any facility in the games.

They need to limit the mythicals and change things up as far as the generation goes. Thinking really hard on it, it's scary to think that generations' lifespans are pretty much determined by the amount of pointless, unusable at facilities mythicals which now only get some NPC story and not even an area to go to. They need a better way to extend the generations instead of just this. I think they will do something though, Masuda said they wanna break patterns, and knowing that a generation is only as long as they can distribute the new mythicals is almost the most predictable pattern now...

I'm going to be the one to say it. Resetting doesn't make me feel good when there are things and areas I can never go back to if I do so - that's how I feel about Generations III to V and their use of event-exclusive locations that exist for the purpose of catching a Mythical Pokémon. That's why I prefer the way they distribute them now, even though it does rob us of the ability to rename them.

At least, for Game Freak, it means nobody has a chance to trade the damn things away by accident on the GTS, given that they all come with a ribbon to prevent that.

Agreed with all of these. Mythical Pokemon (or "Event Legendaries" as most of us call them) are pretty much an excuse in order to make a generation last longer. Considering the early event Pokemon (Mew, Celebi, etc.) were pretty much a predecessor to what is now a staple in the gaming industry, which is DLC. My main problems with event Pokemon is that they make it really difficult to, you know, "Catch em' All" because of not only how many of them have been made, but the fact that they now have these ribbons which prevent them from being traded, and that kind of makes it hard for one to complete the Pokedex if they are to miss these events unless they do so illegitimately by hacking the game, to which Game Freak has been cracking down on that in more recent years.

I do hope they never do something like Zorua/Zoroark again and have an event only NON legendary Pokemon, that was really stupid when they did that back in BW1, especially since I really wanted to use that Pokemon on my team (for Dark types I had to use Bisharp instead, especially since at the time my home did not have access to Wi-Fi for me to trade for a Zorua). I really hope they never do something like that again.

The one thing I hate about Mythicals is that resetting a game in which a Mythical requires a unique location to be caught means you can never travel there again in future playthroughs. I don't like losing that stuff, which is why I'm personally happy that Mythicals are distributed in the fashion that they are right now - the prospect of a future reset in those games doesn't cause me grief at losing something like the Pikachu Pokéwalker trail thing.

This isn't something I've thought of before (don't know any people that reset the games often), but though I see your point, it's something that they can change if they wanted to.
In layman's terms (which includes me; I'm not a profesional programmer (yet!)) the way that location based events work is that the event unlocks that item/event (which leads to the location) within the save file instead of within the game. So one could say it's turning on a switch in the save file, and so of course once the save file is erased (resetting), the event is gone. However, this is not necessarily how it has to be done. They could turn on a switch in a location in the game's memory which doesn't get erased when resetting the game. This is kind of how patches work, except instead of "turning on a switch", it's more adding data.
However, if they did this, an argument against it would be that it allows people to get a potentially unlimited amount of Event legendaries... But why should they be treated any differently from ordinary legends, which you could also get an unlimited amount of? But then one could say that events that are given directly don't require the same amount of effort to get (because they require exactly 0 in-game effort).
I think the overall solution would be that location unlocking events should be retained even after resetting the game, but events given to you should be locked to that save file. (Which makes sense overall, considering the game already doesn't allow you to get multiple hand-out events...)

I never understood the point of Mythicals. They are Pokemon that you barely use and can't use at any facility in the games.

Agreed with all of these. Mythical Pokemon (or "Event Legendaries" as most of us call them) are pretty much an excuse in order to make a generation last longer. Considering the early event Pokemon (Mew, Celebi, etc.) were pretty much a predecessor to what is now a staple in the gaming industry, which is DLC. My main problems with event Pokemon is that they make it really difficult to, you know, "Catch em' All" because of not only how many of them have been made, but the fact that they now have these ribbons which prevent them from being traded, and that kind of makes it hard for one to complete the Pokedex if they are to miss these events unless they do so illegitimately by hacking the game, to which Game Freak has been cracking down on that in more recent years.
I do hope they never do something like Zorua/Zoroark again and have an event only NON legendary Pokemon, that was really stupid when they did that back in BW1, especially since I really wanted to use that Pokemon on my team (for Dark types I had to use Bisharp instead, especially since at the time my home did not have access to Wi-Fi for me to trade for a Zorua). I really hope they never do something like that again.

Okay, this isn't a defense for having Mythical Pokemon because I like having them (I absolutely despise them and I wished there were none (in the sense that I wish one could just get them in-game)), but we have to look at it from a business perspective too...

So firstly, as you said, events are basically free DLC (which someone pointed out to me yesterday) (*I'm pretty sure some events aren't necessarily free DLC too, which makes even more sense in this perspective, more on that in a bit), but more importantly, they are limited time free DLC. They provide an incentive for people to buy the games as early as possible, or as early as the events people a certain person would want. Aside from that, they can feel like "bonuses" to the game (which is exactly what DLC is supposed to be), even, subconsciously, for us people who know they were in the game already. Now, this is stuff which is true for all events, but when you get into the specifics it makes more sense. Think about code-distributed events, from shops like EB Games. (I hate those even more, but) I am almost certain there's something money-related going on in the background there. This would especially be the case for events which are related to buying something (which I haven't seen in my country, but do exist).
And as you pointed out, they are excuses to make a gen last longer, but in they're pretty darn good excuses. I feel for the guys who don't always have access/the ability to get these events (I used to be one of them), but at the same time, they give the rest of the players a feeling that the game is still "living". Even when I haven't played for months, I'll still open up my 3DS when I find out about an event, and then I usually end up playing too. And then we could talk about how the lifespan of the anime (and movies) is related to Event Pokemon too, but I think we get it.

No matter how much all these kinds of events suck, they will continue happening. As you can see in a post I made from another thread, the ratios involving mythical Pokemon are the ones almost always consistently increasing, at least more consistently than others:

I kind of hope that they abandon the whole mythical terms and make all of them available in game but I know that is never gonna happen.

This is exactly how I feel.

I think the overall solution would be that location unlocking events should be retained even after resetting the game, but events given to you should be locked to that save file. (Which makes sense overall, considering the game already doesn't allow you to get multiple hand-out events...)
Well, the way I think about it is that they should probably make all the event-only locations accessible without the need to obtain the item, only that the item is needed to trigger the event that reveals the Pokémon - kinda like the Eon Ticket for Southern Island in Oras (though you do lose access to the area once the opposite Eon Pokémon has been caught), and maybe Liberty Island in B2W2 (where it was previously an event-only location, though bringing the Victini from that version triggers a small cutscene if you allow it to exit the Poké Ball).

Getting rid of mythicals and legendaries would be getting rid of something that's integral to Pokemon. It's been here since Gen I, and getting rid of it now would be pointless IMO. And I've always thought that Zygarde could easily be the trio master in SM. It would keep people who wanted Z happy and people who wanted a new gen happy to. It solves all the problems.

OH MY GOD GUYS HAS ANYONE POINTED THIS OUT YET
IT'S RELATED TO THAT VIDEO ABOUT THE ZYGARDE THEORY

temp2.png

LIKE DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I KNOW THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE THE SAME SHAPE BUT THAT MIGHT JUST BE THE ANGLE
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
LIKE WHAT IF THERE ARE 4 ZYGARDE CORES....
Two corresponding to Yveltal and Xerneas, and two corresponding to THE SUN LEGENDARY AND THE MOON LEGENDARY!!!
AHHH BALANCE BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH, BETWEEN LIGHT AND DARK!! BETWEEN THE SUN AND THE MOON AHHHHHHH
Okay I'm done pls.

OH MY GOD GUYS HAS ANYONE POINTED THIS OUT YET
IT'S RELATED TO THAT VIDEO ABOUT THE ZYGARDE THEORY

View attachment 99730
LIKE DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I KNOW THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE THE SAME SHAPE BUT THAT MIGHT JUST BE THE ANGLE
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
LIKE WHAT IF THERE ARE 4 ZYGARDE CORES....
Two corresponding to Yveltal and Xerneas, and two corresponding to THE SUN LEGENDARY AND THE MOON LEGENDARY!!!
AHHH BALANCE BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH, BETWEEN LIGHT AND DARK!! BETWEEN THE SUN AND THE MOON AHHHHHHH
Okay I'm done pls.
Interesting theory. I would love for this to happen. Zygarde would definitely make the post game more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom