• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

I think that we'll never know. They'll keep it forever mysterious. This is about Lysandre.

Last edited:
That didn't stop XY from having a man with genocidal thoughts who outright wanted and very nearly exterminated the entire world of the unworthy.
and just like how his death was handled, Lysandre and Team Flare never explicitly mention killing them. if you can use context clues to surmise that Lysandre was out to kill everyone on the planet, why can't you do that for his death?

Pretty much what I predicted after SM got announced. Zygarde being the new "Arceus" and leading two different trios. But why the Red Core absorbed the sunlight, if Zygarde is the earth legendary and epecially why the Yveltal like red colour absorbing the sunlight and not the orange one?

It's shown that the blue core can also absorb sunlight too. I initially thought there would be more than 2 cores, but if there were 4 or 5, the math would be off. Having 4 or 5 50%'s doesn't add up as much as having 2 50%'s. Also, the two snake-like appendages shown in Complete Zygarde in it's animation for the Tretta arcade makes me think those are the only two cores out there

In regards to the discussion about Lysandre and Team Flare's actions in XY and the E rating, they need to do better next time.

You simply can't deal with complex themes like genocide and suicide very immaturely like they were in XY. I realize it was because of the E rating, but here's the thing: deal with a different set of concepts if you won't change the rating to allow more development.

Obviously Gamefreak isn't going to change the rating to be for a mature audience, so I would hope the themes and actions they deal with in this generation stay more in an area still able to be developed on and not mature themes that ultimately become half-baked...

and just like how his death was handled, Lysandre and Team Flare never explicitly mention killing them. if you can use context clues to surmise that Lysandre was out to kill everyone on the planet, why can't you do that for his death?
First of all, calm down please. You're coming off as hostile.

Lysandre's plot wasn't so much mere context, it was made quite obvious that the weapon they were using was a weapon of mass destruction that was once used to end a devastating war. Also, the king's Pokemon in that war was stated to have died during it, so you can't say that E-rated games are free of mentions of death. There's quite a few that do actually. Lysandre's goal was quite clear that he wanted to exterminate the majority of the Earth's human and Pokemon population. He even cries over the fact that Pokemon are going to die too.

Yes there were some context clues that would imply that he and some Team Flare members died. But after all was said and done, it was being treated more like "Well that's over, everyone is alright. Let's go back on our quest." It just seemed too casual to me after what had very nearly happened to the entire world.

Lysandre's plot wasn't so much mere context, it was made quite obvious that the weapon they were using was a weapon of mass destruction that was once used to end a devastating war. Also, the king's Pokemon in that war was stated to have died during it, so you can't say that E-rated games are free of mentions of death. There's quite a few that do actually. Lysandre's goal was quite clear that he wanted to exterminate the majority of the Earth's human and Pokemon population. He even cries over the fact that Pokemon are going to die too.

Yes there were some context clues that would imply that he and some Team Flare members died. But after all was said and done, it was being treated more like "Well that's over, everyone is alright. Let's go back on our quest." It just seemed too casual to me after what had very nearly happened to the entire world.
and how is that any different from any other game though? BW aside, every other game has ended with the villainous leader being written out and then game basically being like "anyways........go get that eighth badge." also, if the killing of the entire planet was obvious how is multiple layers of rubble burying Lysandre (and likely most of Team Flare) not? my comment towards E-games was not that they cannot refer to death so much as that they cannot show death-- other than through that comic mischief-cartoon violence lens iirc, that's an instant E10-- so much as an NPC would have to say that he died.....which is not good storytelling (see: show don't tell).

sure, it's possible he's not dead, however the game really pushes towards the direction of dead.

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but think about it in the context of Pokémon X... He could have imbued himself with immortality with that final shot, only to be buried under the rubble of the Ultimate Weapon with very little chance to escape.

But I digress. We have appropriate threads on this topic already.

and how is that any different from any other game though? BW aside, every other game has ended with the villainous leader being written out and then game basically being like "anyways........go get that eighth badge."

It's different because none of the other villains and team members were implied to have died or were severely injured. In Gen 1 and 2, Team Rocket merely disbanded. In RSE and its remakes, both Maxie and Archie simply bid the player farewell and leave. In DPP, Cyrus swears he will have revenge and disappears. In BW, Ghetsis was arrested, and in BW2, the Shadow Triad says that he has lost all will to continue scheming. No one died in those climaxes. A town didn't get completely destroyed either.

I don't see the problem in this. I'm fine with just a mention of Lysandre, even in passing, which is more likely to happen. But yeah, I agree with TouyaShiro, this is derailing the thread and I'm done.

We've seen in the anime that one core can become 50%. Unless there are two different 100% Zygardes, it doesn't look like this is the case. Maybe one Zygarde for moon and the other for sun?

Or the colours could just be there for show? That is a possibility despite its unlikely nature.

We've seen in the anime that one core can become 50%. Unless there are two different 100% Zygardes, it doesn't look like this is the case. Maybe one Zygarde for moon and the other for sun?

Or the colours could just be there for show? That is a possibility despite its unlikely nature.

Oh darnit, I didn't know that. Maybe the two extra gems in his chest are not cores, but something else that allows the two 50% Zygardes to fuse together? Have we seen Complete Zygarde in the anime at all, except the poster?

Oh darnit, I didn't know that. Maybe the two extra gems in his chest are not cores, but something else that allows the two 50% Zygardes to fuse together? Have we seen Complete Zygarde in the anime at all, except the poster?
Only in the opening, nothing actually within an episode to really nitpick at...
the_might_of_zygarde_rp__by_psycho_blaze-d9esume.jpg

And that opening depicted one Zygarde core becoming Zygarde Complete. But you never know. We'll find out soon. We're just having Ash vs. Alain for the second time now, and so the TF plot is coming closer to the climax.

I'm curious as to whether or not the other blue and red really have anything to do with Zygarde at all...Zygarde Complete form has 4 snake like appendages, yet instead of each one being the dark blue, light blue, light red, dark red, they come in pairs of dark red and dark blue....

It's..... It's so beautiful..... So majestic.... I didn't like at as much originally, but dayum I love it now.... :''')
This is sort of how I felt, too. Zygarde has failed to capture my attention until now (even before the forms were revealed).
On the subject of the mythology behind Zygarde, we had better get an Electric/Fighting, hammer-wielding Pokémon that brings us to Asgard.

What if Lysandre appears in Sun and Moon with severe amnesia?
Lysandre is Looker confirmed!

On an unrelated note, I'm not going to warm up to complete Zygarde until I see it's role in the pokemon world. It still just doesn't look like a pokemon to me. Maybe when I see it in the game I'll start to think differently (Complete Zygarde in Amie? Hm...). While we're talking about Zygarde though, I wonder if Complete Zygarde will actually be like a mega evolution. Like you can use a core or something as like an item and evolve the normal one, like a primal reversion or mega evolution?

The question I have is, how do you then incorporate Zygarde 10% If 50% is the default?

For those late to the party this month's corocoro basically said wait until next month for news
Cf1OkzNXIAAtuZs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom