• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

Solgaleo Lunaala were just trademarketed. Mkst likely the new legendary pokemon pair.

Edit: also Gigareki. Third legendary already.

They are the mascots according to the trademark.

Gigareki? already? damn son. These trademark searchers don't mess around.

Sorugareo means, if you Google Translate it, Sol is Leo. Lion Legendary possibly confirmed?

Luna'aara easily is the most mysterious of the three.

Gareki means rubble. So possible Rock-type Legendary?

Atsumari means gathering or assembling.

Mokurou means Japan wax.

I mentioned this in the thread for these leaks, but when I read Solgaleo, I thought of Galileo the famous astronomer...so for being lost on Lunaala, maybe there is an astronomer close to that name...

I don't see why they would trademark them now if they were indeed going to be revealed in CoroCoro. They seem pretty obvious to me in the fact that they have Luna and Sol. And I am expecting the third legendery to be an earth Pokemon. It makes sense.

Solgaleo Lunaala were just trademarketed. Mkst likely the new legendary pokemon pair.

Edit: also Gigareki. Third legendary already.

I don't see why they would trademark them now if they were indeed going to be revealed in CoroCoro. They seem pretty obvious to me in the fact that they have Luna and Sol. And I am expecting the third legendery to be an earth Pokemon. It makes sense.

As @Silktree already said, there's no romanization for it.

Though really. Should we even expect a third legendary? I don't think we should as they want to switch things up and surprise us, so in that case there's none or it's Zygarde.

-Atsumari
-Mokurou
were also trademarked.

Question... Where are you even finding those?

I mentioned this in the thread for these leaks, but when I read Solgaleo, I thought of Galileo the famous astronomer...so for being lost on Lunaala, maybe there is an astronomer close to that name...
Well, if we are going by the Japanese name, Luna'aara, then the closest is Marc Aaronson due to the double use of the letter a.

I may have to eat my words regarding the lion legendary if it turns out to be true.

Solgaleo - Sol is "sun" and "leo" does mean lion, and the possible "Galileo" reference sounds very interesting.
Lunaala - "Luna" means moon of course. "Ala" is latin for wing, so perhaps it's winged? Some kind of bird?
Gigareki - The "giga" could be the metric 'giga', there is also a giga kanji that means "large or giant". Also "reki" means calendar or era.
Atsumari - There's a lot of things this could be. "Atsu" means heat or passion, "Tsumari" means conclusion, "mari" means ball, like the toy.
Mokurou - I know "moku" means wood and "kurou" means crow or blackbird.

Gigareki might mean Giga Power.
Riki is strength/ power in Japanese.
A lot of the Japanese fans are assuming that Lunaala might be a bat.

I guess the symbols on the logos of Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon were already a clue. The Sun logo had that somewhat Sunny lion-headed shape (although not really obvious,) while the Moon logo had that Crescent-shaped symbol that obviously looked like a bat or a bird.

If these trademarks will really get included in the game, I believe Solgaleo will be the Sun mascot and Lunaala will be the Moon mascot, like everyone else is speculating.

The other trademark may be a legendary trio, or the starters, with Mokurou (Grass Bird/Peafowl please), Gigareki (Water giant?) and Atsumari (Fire ball?). I'm calling it.

Wait, there were more trademarks? I only heard of the mascots and Gigareki.

I may have to eat my words regarding the lion legendary if it turns out to be true.

Solgaleo - Sol is "sun" and "leo" does mean lion, and the possible "Galileo" reference sounds very interesting.
Lunaala - "Luna" means moon of course. "Ala" is latin for wing, so perhaps it's winged? Some kind of bird?
Gigareki - The "giga" could be the metric 'giga', there is also a giga kanji that means "large or giant". Also "reki" means calendar or era.
Atsumari - There's a lot of things this could be. "Atsu" means heat or passion, "Tsumari" means conclusion, "mari" means ball, like the toy.
Mokurou - I know "moku" means wood and "kurou" means crow or blackbird.

Solgaleo could also be a sun shark instead of the common lion.

The genus name Cirrhigaleus is derived from the Latin "cirrus" which means curl fringe and the Greek "galeo" meaning a shark. The species name asper is derived from Latin, meaning rough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom