• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

As someone else here pointed out, the Moon Legendary looks very similar to Olympia. Its head is crescent-scaped like Olympia's hair and its forehead has a reflection of space, just like Olympia's cape. Moreover, Olympia has a crescent scaped thing on her lower leg. I wonder if there's some connection, it's remarkable at least.

Nek minnit, Pokemon Go has us going into actual volcanoes for Ho Oh and Moltres ... just kidding I don't have the data or battery for that

But I always felt Mt. Chimney had untapped potential so we MUST be able to go into the volcano this time. I mean, why even put it in the game if it's going to be the same thing? OK, it's Hawaii, but they have volcano tours in Hawaii!

As someone else here pointed out, the Moon Legendary looks very similar to Olympia. Its head is crescent-scaped like Olympia's hair and its forehead has a reflection of space, just like Olympia's cape. Moreover, Olympia has a crescent scaped thing on her lower leg. I wonder if there's some connection, it's remarkable at least.

Yeah I also pointed this out earlier. Maybe there's a connection.

I agree the island is sooo smaall..

7fca4db7e1c099307e8d38e5868ee280.jpg

But this is officially based on Hawaii so we will get islands I think.

So I guess the Strange Souvenir item in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y does have a connection to Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon after all. The totem or tiki like shape of the item indeed looks like it could be from the Alola region, which is obviously based on Hawaii. Wow, what a very early reference, I must say.

It is said to depict a legendary Pokemon from the Alola region. I wonder if we must transfer the item to the Generation VII games to get (or catch) the said legendary Pokemon, be it an ordinary legendary or a mythical or event Pokemon.

Ok, here are my thoughts about what was discovered today.

The region: I like it a lot. They have achieved to make it different enough from Hoenn. They look different, definitely. Alola has a lot more mountain areas. So GF has achieved to make both Hoenn and Alola be unique.

The starters: I don´t like them too much, but I care more about their third evolutions, and we don´t know those yet!

The legendaries: the Sun Legendary is awesome. Great job overall for both. I can´t wait to know what their theme is! What will both control? AND IS THERE A THIRD LEGENDARY?

Game Mechanics: I love how the vehicles are vsible. Also, Trainers are visible during matches, very nice. Everything looks very nice, SUPER HYPED!

Graphics: This is very important for me. The visuals are... different. I don´t quite like that. They are too different for my taste. I liked the gen 6 graphics A LOT, mainly because, while going full 3D, they retained ALL THE CHARM from Gen III, IV and V graphics. This was KEY for me, that they achieved to vastly improve the visuals, without losing any of the charm of the GBA and DS era. This time though, I think they haven´t achieved it. The new graphics... are fantastic, but have lost all the nostalgia and charm that Gen VI managed to retain. The new graphics are basically like the home console graphics f

We've had 5 generations of dry land, if anything we need more water regions, except we need some under water cities and cool islands that have boat as an option, its just that the boat for each route requires you beat all the trainers on it before it lands at the next town.
And I was right! More water but that island looks kind of small.

The starters are growing on me and poplio may lack in looks but makes up for it in personality. I was surprised we got so much info.

Graphics: This is very important for me. The visuals are... different. I don´t quite like that. They are too different for my taste. I liked the gen 6 graphics A LOT, mainly because, while going full 3D, they retained ALL THE CHARM from Gen III, IV and V graphics. This was KEY for me, that they achieved to vastly improve the visuals, without losing any of the charm of the GBA and DS era. This time though, I think they haven´t achieved it. The new graphics... are fantastic, but have lost all the nostalgia and charm that Gen VI managed to retain. The new graphics are basically like the home console graphics f

I personally think that they lost that nostalgia in gen VI already. But I am not upset about it! Pokemon is not a game to play for graphics, and I think both gen VI and gen VII look great while staying true to their predecessors.

I personally think that they lost that nostalgia in gen VI already. But I am not upset about it! Pokemon is not a game to play for graphics, and I think both gen VI and gen VII look great while staying true to their predecessors.
I have to disagree. The reason I am so glad ORAS came in Gen VI, and not after SM, is that ORAS retains all the nostalgia and visual feel from RSE. Thi would not be possible with those new Graphics.

I have to disagree. The reason I am so glad ORAS came in Gen VI, and not after SM, is that ORAS retains all the nostalgia and visual feel from RSE. Thi would not be possible with those new Graphics.

IMO the graphics are not that much different, just slightly more realistic. But to each their own :)

Back
Top Bottom