• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

I really, really love the chibi overworld models in Gen VI, but I don't dislike the look of Gen VII either. I think I'll settle on liking both. :LOL:
I'm more interested in the region design. It looks a lot more natural and hopefully the routes and towns blend well together. Kalos was nice, but there was still a rather clear distinction between routes and towns. ORAS felt a little too blocky. I know it's a remake, but I was hoping they would make some minor changes.

The graphics are the same as XYORAS. Its the taller character models, the wider FOV and increased draw distance, along with a proper sense of scale that is changed. Going to sound like a jerk here, but its a bit weird and annoying to say XYROAS is better then what we were shown, xonsidering how its much more organic, meaning the grid is hidden much more elegantly, and the fact that it just looks so....open. Like there are routes and all, but it slaps you over the head with a sense of exploration that the games have not done in ages.

On another note, the island is definitely Oahu:
Pandanus tectorius - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Professor Hala.

Rowlett is my choice so far, and I hope the final evo's live up to the potential that my mind has created for them.

So, does anyone else think that the Fire kitty is unimpressed with us?

Pokemon Sun & Moon and two of the starters are trending on Twitter. This is crazy xD

I love that people are so hyped for these games.

It is for this small moment we are all united. Soon hype-fuelled chaos will ensue. I can't wait

So, does anyone else think that the Fire kitty is unimpressed with us?

All kitties are unimpressed with us; GF studied their source material well

Another change I noticed is that they got rid of the battle circles, and there are in battle models of the trainers. That last one is making me think this Greninja business in the animei not going to be just anime for long.

Another change I noticed is that they got rid of the battle circles, and there are in battle models of the trainers. That last one is making me think this Greninja business in the animei not going to be just anime for long.

How are those related, though? It's just giving us a wider scope of the battle (I hope)

Another change I noticed is that they got rid of the battle circles

Huh, I hadn't noticed that. Kind of sad to see them go, honestly. I always liked them, but I actually do remember an interview from a while back where they were asked why they included the circles and if they would ever remove them.

I really love the overworld. *w* And the characters they have shown.

I'm glad customization is confirmed. Yeesss! <3

As for the starters... I like all of them, so Idk which I'll choose. ;-; Perhaps make a guess? OR I COULD BREAK MY PATTERN OF NOT CHOOSING THE GRASS STARTE- *killed*

I'm also glad that Rowlett is Grass/Flying, Bulbasaur isn't alone!

Legendaries... I like Sun's mascot so much more.

Also, aloha Alola! :D

From what I read on Pokemon Official web about our new starter... The battle style *or at lease animation?* possible will be awesome...

eee34e27053c91a32f697b51590873df.jpg

Or at lease they will be fun on the anime... I think </3

I dunno guys. To each their own. But I can´t help it but be surprised that nobody here but me seems to think there is a HUGE world design change beteen Gen VI and VII. Gen VI was somwhere between the DS era, and 3D visually. Like a hybrid. SM is completely different. Humans and buildings are realistic for the first time ever. I am impressed with this., but it also made the games lose any nostalgia value. But then again, it is a fresh change and I am glad they made it!

Was the new girl also introduced or do we still not seen anything about her yet? And what about the legendaries on the covers of the games boxs the one who looks like a lion and a bat their names given out yet?

I dunno guys. To each their own. But I can´t help it but be surprised that nobody here but me seems to think there is a HUGE world design change beteen Gen VI and VII. Gen VI was somwhere between the DS era, and 3D visually. Like a hybrid. SM is completely different. Humans and buildings are realistic for the first time ever. I am impressed with this., but it also made the games lose any nostalgia value. But then again, it is a fresh change and I am glad they made it!
I recall back on XY, I though we would get realistic map based on their first? trailer.

But they only put the camera? closer for some area... and I hate it..

So I don't think this confirmed anything.. yet? I personally, will be happy for more realistic graphic but I will hate it if this means, we will get very small area to be explored XC.

Was the new girl also introduced or do we still not seen anything about her yet? And what about the legendaries on the covers of the games boxs the one who looks like a lion and a bat their names given out yet?

Solgaleo and Lunaala seem to fit. The sun one's definitely a lion, and the moon one has a lot of wing.

How are those related, though? It's just giving us a wider scope of the battle (I hope)
Well considering how Satoshi and Greninja synch up and share their movements, it would make sense if the hypothetical synchro evolution mechanic debuts in the same game that has both trainer and Pokemon on field.

Back
Top Bottom