• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

The starters and legendaries look amazing (Litten looks like it might be a tiger, woot!) The colours appear a lot more fleshed out, but I hope the region isn't as small as it looks. I'd hate to have had this hype for the game(s) and have nothing to explore.

I don't know if it's just me, but the PC seemed to be covering a considerable amount of the map in a few seconds of running. In addition to that, the region only seems to have 2-3 towns. Personally, I don't care about "capturing the feel" of a place when it significantly downscales the in-game counterpart.

I know it's early days, but it's always been about 2 things for me when it comes to new gens: New mons and having a nice long journey ahead. If these games end up having less of a region to explore and run through and/or be as barren in new mons as last gen, then I might reconsider whether it's a worthwhile purchase for me this time around. Having it out 5 days later in the UK might be an advantage this time, as it'll give me a chance to scope out the actual size of the region and cancel my pre-order if I feel I'm not gonna enjoy it.

You are joking, right? You realize Hawaii is a COLLECTION of islands and not a single island? This is most likely just the starting island, now I'm no expert on Hawaiin geography but the island shown in the trailer probably isn't even representing the biggest island of Hawaii. I could be wrong though. I mean seriously if the region had two towns how the heck would we get 8 gyms, a Pokemon league, and all the extras? o_O

Well, we haven't really seen the whole region, just Oahu. In all likelihood there's much more to the south.

hawaiian-islands-earth-from-above.jpg

If this is what you mean, I am truly excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for this. So yeah, my guess is that O'ahu is nothing more than the Pallet Town of this region, I'm sure the majority of the game will take place on Hawai'i Island.

Maybe they can put victory road or the league somewhere around or even on the volcano area on Hawai'i Island (throwback feels to Mt. Battle in Colosseum aha). Then they could use Kaua'i for the post-game, and add some smaller islands around it ect.

Now, a league inside a volcano has so much potential it could be the most awesome league yet.

Looking at Hawaii's map, I guess they'll compress the islands a bit, to get them closer. Just like how the Sakhalin islands are so close to Hokkaidō on Sinnoh's map.

To me Solgaleo looks a lot like Liger Zero with the Schneider CAS.

Anyway, I could totally dig the league in a volcano. Or maybe Victory Road will be in a volcano and the league is at the peak. That'd be pretty cool... and kinda dangerous, but hey, it could work.

I don't know if anyone else has posted this but I saw that people were doubting that SM is that much of a graphical step up from XY. Well here:
tumblr_o6yxx5v74v1qhaj56o1_1280.jpg

This gives me hope that the problems I had with Gen VI's graphics was just because it was their first steps into 3D.

I don't know if anyone else has posted this but I saw that people were doubting that SM is that much of a graphical step up from XY. Well here:

This gives me hope that the problems I had with Gen VI's graphics was just because it was their first steps into 3D.

I was talking to @Iteru about the graphics earlier and he couldn't see any difference between the XY and SM which really confused me :confused:

One graphical change I like is those circles removed from battles. They will look much better for it.

Looking at the battle scenes in both trailers... It looks like you got your wish!

I was meaning I saw it from the trailer earlier today and approved of the change :p

I just hope that not all of the cities and towns are going to look like that, with the camera following behind you. I really did not like Lumiose for that reason and the camera just made the city more confusing to navigate. Though seeing as this city appears more open, it may not be as bad.

Hey I have one question. In one pic it shows the rival having the weaker type than you do. Does this mean that he's not the major rival?
I think our 'major' rival is our other self. I recall in the girl fight, we fight a stronger type... but that happen on 2 scenes so.. not really sure...

Ah, yes, camera angle is an other issue. I always liked the classic camera angle from Gen I- V, that allowed players to see where they are going. In XY it got a bit too close and made it a little more difficult to know where you are going. In ORAS, this was corrected and the camera was a bit further away again.

Don't mess it up again, GF xD

Last edited:
I can't wait to see the 'big city' of this region. Kind of surprised they didn't show it in the trailer, tbh. I think we got shots of Lumiose in the original XY trailer, and I could be wrong because it was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure Castelia was shown to us fairly early with BW, wasn't it?

I'm just questioning it myself how big is this region going to be because from the trailer it does kinda look a bit small, but that's probably due to perspective and the thing might be bigger than it is depending on how much is going to be in this region.

Back
Top Bottom