• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

I am not sure if this big graphic upgrade is a good idea at this time. I know why they did it now, due to the Anniversary, but at the same time, they could've waited until the next console.
I'd think its good Game Freak isn't purposely holding back. Gen IV was certainly nowhere near as good as they could have been graphically, and given the limited touch screen capabilities, could have passed as a Gen III game.

Second, there is also the fact that, if they reused Gen VI's visuals and over world scale for Gen VII, they would have had more effort spent elswhere, say, in anniversary content, etc. But with such a big visual jump, they will have to spend a lot of effort on the presentation again. Meaning less time for content development. Like in XY.
What is "anniversary content"? The entire games are meant to celebrate the anniversary, so I don't think skimping out on the graphics in favor of nostalgia throwbacks that Z or any third version/sequel could have done would constitute a good game.

And then there is the fact that the 3DS was already lagging in tripple battles and with the 3D on. And while I am no expert, I think it could be even worse for Gen VII, considering it requites even more power than Gen VI did.
The graphical change was mostly in the overworld, I don't see how that will translate into even more lag in triple battles than already present given those already use full models.

I can't wait to see the 'big city' of this region. Kind of surprised they didn't show it in the trailer, tbh. I think we got shots of Lumiose in the original XY trailer, and I could be wrong because it was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure Castelia was shown to us fairly early with BW, wasn't it?
that city they show in the trailer looks pretty big, so i can only imagine how big the megacity is going to be. although with the changes in scale, it makes me wonder if they would even do it.

I'd think its good Game Freak isn't purposely holding back. Gen IV was certainly nowhere near as good as they could have been graphically, and given the limited touch screen capabilities, could have passed as a Gen III game.

What is "anniversary content"? The entire games are meant to celebrate the anniversary, so I don't think skimping out on the graphics in favor of nostalgia throwbacks that Z or any third version/sequel could have done would constitute a good game.

The graphical change was mostly in the overworld, I don't see how that will translate into even more lag in triple battles than already present given those already use full models.
They could have just polished the current visuals, instead of starting from the beginning all over again. But as I said, I know why they did it, and it's fine.

By Anniversary content, I meant just more content in general, but then again, I think Game Freak think better graphics sell better than extra content, and they are probably right.

And I agree that the battle visuals are not very different from Gen VI, so the lag might be the same.

Edit: but if the PC, and maybe even rival npc, can both be seen in all battles, then it means extra effort for the graphic engine, right?

Last edited:
Honestly, I was very surprised when a lot of people started saying that they didn't see a graphical update. Everything is so vibrant in Alola.

I will miss battle circles though.

RIP Battle Circles
Gen 3-Gen 6
So true, again I did not mind them, but it is now time to tranistion over to the new more open ways of battling, besides we get to actually see our trainers on-screen which is already a + from moi.

Honestly, I was very surprised when a lot of people started saying that they didn't see a graphical update. Everything is so vibrant in Alola.

I will miss battle circles though.

RIP Battle Circles
Gen 3-Gen 6
Gen 3's legacy has at last come to an end.

... Hoenn de-confirmed.

Oh that was awful, I'm so sorry.

Gen 3's legacy has at last come to an end.

... Hoenn de-confirmed.

Oh that was awful, I'm so sorry.
Hoenn will always be confirmed in our hearts and in our tentacools

Speaking of which I found a shiny tentecool outside of mosdeep on my first play through of Alpha sapphire it was awesome :D

For real though, I'm actually glad they updated the graphics and made it look a bit more real. It looks more on-par with Yo-Kai Watch now.

For real though, I'm actually glad they updated the graphics and made it look a bit more real. It looks more on-par with Yo-Kai Watch now.
Yeah, I love they new look of these.

The sinnoh remakes will look great on this engine Sinnoh confirmed ;)

d4MRcf7.png

No hats confirmed as optional?

I am ridiculously excited for these games.

I'm in love with everything they've shown us so far, the starters, legends, environment, all of it! I've been mulling it over all day and can't even come close to picking a starter from just these base stages alone. The same was true for xy, I couldn't decide for sure until they unveiled final evolutions. Don't know if it means I'm just less decisive than I used to be or if it means Game Freak is developing more solid trios. I'll go with the latter. These starters in particular look like they have so much personality to them, I'm excited they will be the next faces we see constantly in the anime.

With Hawaii confirmed I've been browsing over all the Hawaii wild life and I really hope that our inevitable electric rodent is at least influenced by the Hawaiian Squirrel/Small Asian Mongoose. That would tie it to it's region and give it potential to be unique but could still stay cute. Also it's a forest dweller so maybe a secondary grass type. I don't know, I'm just so hyped for new Pokemon!

What if the reason you set out on your adventure was because your hat was stolen and in order to get it back you need to go through deadly pokemon infested grasses, hordes of eager trainers, and 8 gyms needed to unlock all the HMs required to finally chase the thief down.

What if the reason you set out on your adventure was because your hat was stolen and in order to get it back you need to go through deadly pokemon infested grasses, hordes of eager trainers, and 8 gyms needed to unlock all the HMs required to finally chase the thief down.
So 95% of the trailer was from post-game?

I'm just questioning it myself how big is this region going to be because from the trailer it does kinda look a bit small, but that's probably due to perspective and the thing might be bigger than it is depending on how much is going to be in this region.

Hmmm...with all this talk about the region being small, I wonder if it'll be possible to travel to other islands? You know, like the Sevii Islands in Fire Red and Leaf Green, only connected to the main region. What if the gyms are actually on different islands?! Man, that would be cool!

Once again, you guys do realize this is Hawaii right? Hawaii is made up of several islands. The one shown in the trailer is based on one of the smaller islands. There's plenty more. I can't wrap my head around why people think what we were shown is the entire region...

What if the hat controlled the world?

I'm just questioning it myself how big is this region going to be because from the trailer it does kinda look a bit small, but that's probably due to perspective and the thing might be bigger than it is depending on how much is going to be in this region.

It's a trailer. A trailer shows a snippet.

Back
Top Bottom