• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

*chugs down haterade* So... This is it? This trailer what they withheld on for months? Well safe to say we need to expect much from CoroCoro (outside possible names and such, if at all).

You all liking that new tropical region? Y'know that new really vibrant place where this game takes place? Not like we haven't had one of those before. Let's see how long that hype lasts when we start seeing those water routes, yeah. *takes another swig* Oh yeah, hey, everyone's precious Trainer Customization is making a comeback. Or it better make a comeback. By Lady Yasaka those two take the cake in bland designs. At least Calem and Serena--Okay at most Serena walked out with some unique points on their default designs. The heck is that girl wearing?!

They better have actual customization this time arou-- *sees JP CM and eyes well with tears*

...That was a feel good thing, man. Also put a better perspective into things. I can't say I'm hyped or anything *forces down other hand holding wallet* but there's a lot of "life being portrayed by both characters and starters in the vid. All the starters look good so it's definitely a "I'm gonna have to sit and see where they're going with them" deal here. Esp. in the case of the owl. Both boxart monsters look amazing. The moon boxart monster edges out by just a bit due to that attack animation. Sweet mercy.

Personally I don't see a problem with another tropical reason if it brings something new to the table, which I think Alola will have no problems doing. It looks like a breath of fresh air already. And I actually like the water routes ): In ORAS the encounter rate on them was lowered, so that will probably be the case if there even are a lot of water routes in these games.

Personally I don't see a problem with another tropical reason if it brings something new to the table, which I think Alola will have no problems doing. It looks like a breath of fresh air already. And I actually like the water routes ): In ORAS the encounter rate on them was lowered, so that will probably be the case if there even are a lot of water routes in these games.
I like some variety too, but we could have fewer water routes. Maybe ferries to link between the bigger islands, Sevii-style?

I think that will be the case, I imagine GF will have shied away from having a lot of water routes because of all the backlash.

We haven't had that many water routes since Hoenn, so I think it's safe the number will reasonable in Alola.

The thing with Alola's water routes is that they are likely going to be broken up by a lot of time spent on each island before you get to the next one. Whereas Hoenn had a big chunk of the game where you are on continuous Water routes constantly which is where it started to feel draining.

Plus I doubt we're gonna be Surfing on them all, a plane/helicopter, boat/ferry, bridge, marine tunnel etc all seem fair possibilities on top of surfing to get from one to another and variety is something they should go for with it.

Wonder what they will do with the new Ice types this time. Hopefully they won't be shoved into a cave again like Hoenn.

I think an Ice bird would be really cool, maybe the early region bird? I hope there's a wider variety in the early game, because it can suck waiting for the mid and/or end game for your favourites.

I think an Ice bird would be really cool, maybe the early region bird? I hope there's a wider variety in the early game, because it can suck waiting for the mid and/or end game for your favourites.
I was thinking that the regional bird would be a Grass/Flying woodpecker, but that seems less likely, considering Rowlet...

Wonder what they will do with the new Ice types this time. Hopefully they won't be shoved into a cave again like Hoenn.

I'm actually hoping for that to happen. Although I imagine they will use real-life Mauna Kea (snow capped dormant volcano, and highest point), to hold the ice types and Glaceon's evolution area. It's next to Mauna Loa (the other volcano I mentioned previously in the thread that could be used as the "active" volcano for the league/victory road.

See Mauna Kea here Mauna Kea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia technically it is the coldest place/highest point on the Hawai'i island sooo..... otherwise I guess they could go the Shoal Cave route or make some kind of underwater Ice paradise this time lol, that you use dive to get to.

I was thinking that the regional bird would be a Grass/Flying woodpecker, but that seems less likely, considering Rowlet...
Now I'm almost certain that the bird will be based on Yellow/Red Cardinal Bird that I heard pretty common on Hawaii

Now I'm almost certain that the bird will be based on Yellow/Red Cardinal Bird that I heard pretty common on Hawaii
I can only think of Fire/Flying for its type combo, but again?

I can only think of Fire/Flying for its type combo, but again?

I'm hoping the bird we saw in the first ever trailer we got is going to be Dark/Flying. Would be a nice touch as we only have like 5 so far I think?

Plus then I can have a bad ass Grass Owl, a bad ass Dark Woodpecker, and whatever fills the rest :D

You know, I was actually kind of disappointed at first when I saw the starters, but that all changed immediately after I saw the region was based off of HAWAII!!!

The thing with Alola's water routes is that they are likely going to be broken up by a lot of time spent on each island before you get to the next one. Whereas Hoenn had a big chunk of the game where you are on continuous Water routes constantly which is where it started to feel draining.

Plus I doubt we're gonna be Surfing on them all, a plane/helicopter, boat/ferry, bridge, marine tunnel etc all seem fair possibilities on top of surfing to get from one to another and variety is something they should go for with it.

I'd like if we had choices on how we wanted to travel, like in the Johto games. One of the things I adored about those games were the fact that, after beating the League and being granted access to Kanto, you had several different ways to travel to it. You could walk through the Victory Road gate, take the Magnet Train, or the ship from Olivine. All these choices! Oh and soaring would be perfect for a setting in Hawaii, imagine the visuals from that!

Back
Top Bottom