• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

I hope soaring becomes the normal Flying interface. That would be so cool!

I'd love that but then I wouldn't like that. One of the perks of soaring was that you no longer needed someone in your party to know Fly. If Flying did work like soaring, that would be cool, but in my eyes would defeat one of the purposes of soaring, and that was to get rid of HMs on your team.

I hope both Soaring and DexNav stay ORAS exclusive.

SM should use vehicles instead, to have a more modern, American feel to it, as opposed to the Japanese rural feel of Japanese based games. Boats, Cars and Airplanes , instead of Surfing and Soaring. And maybe scuba Diving instead of Pokemon diving. In fact, I think that is what GF will do.

Last edited:
On an unrelated note, I actually like Fire/Fighting types.
Look at Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar and the sheer amount of type coverage you get:
Blaziken - Brave Bird / Sky Uppercut / Flare Blitz. Water? Solar Beam. Psychic? No problem when you've got Shadow Claw.
Infernape - also Flare Blitz plus Calm Mind / Acrobatics. U-turn for coverage.
Emboar is even better than those two - it gets Head Smash for flyers, and Assurance for Psychics.
You see?

On an unrelated note, I actually like Fire/Fighting types.
Look at Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar and the sheer amount of type coverage you get:
Blaziken - Brave Bird / Sky Uppercut / Flare Blitz. Water? Solar Beam. Psychic? No problem when you've got Shadow Claw.
Infernape - also Flare Blitz plus Calm Mind / Acrobatics. U-turn for coverage.
Emboar is even better than those two - it gets Head Smash for flyers, and Assurance for Psychics.
You see?

Please, no more! 2 was enough. 3 was bad. 4 would be... *shutters* ugh.

I'm all for anything, but the two most common ones I've been hearing have been Fire/Dark and Fire/Poison. I could see either and I like both.
What I'm seeing:
-Rowlet will become a bigger Noctowl-style bird that is still Grass/Flying.
-Litten will be Fire/Dark.
-Popplio I'm open about. Maybe Water/Ice (although that's overused), or even Water/Steel?

What I'm seeing:
-Rowlet will become a bigger Noctowl-style bird that is still Grass/Flying.
-Litten will be Fire/Dark.
-Popplio I'm open about. Maybe Water/Ice (although that's overused), or even Water/Steel?

Empoleon is Water/Steel already, but I suppose they can make it work... If they can make Fire/Fighting work three times, anything is possible. I personally like the idea for Water/Fairy. Despite being the new type in XY, none of the starters got to show it off in their typing which is something you'd think they'd do. Now they can stick it on a starter. Might as well be Popplio.

I don't remember who mentioned it, I think it was @Mitchman, but it's not that much of stretch to think the Synchro mechanic is also in because they're showing the trainers in the battles. Though, the answer to if Ash-Greninja itself is still unknown.

If we were unable to see them, then they wouldn't be able to show off that the trainer and Pokémon are in synch.

Aside from that... I'm curious when we'll see the Zygarde formes and Magearna in the game. And the type of evolution Ash-Greninja is... When will they start showing it off?

Of course, these questions will be answered as time goes on, though I can see Zygarde formes and Magearna next month along with a few Pokémon and new gameplay features. I dunno about the latter... August or September?

I was meaning I saw it from the trailer earlier today and approved of the change :p

Oh, sorry about that. I misread.

Fire/Electric? How cool would that look?

That sounds like a nice typing. Though I wouldn't mind Fire/Poison as some have suggested.

I just hope it isn't Fire/Fighting.

I hope both Soaring and DexNav stay ORAS exclusive.

SM should use vehicles instead, to have a more modern, American feel to it, as opposed to the Japanese rural feel of Japanese based games. Boats, Cars and Airplanes , instead of Surfing and Soaring. And maybe scuba Diving instead of Pokemon diving. In fact, I think that is what GF will do.
I wholly disagree. The point of HM's is to show that humans and Pokemon can work together to ocercome obstacles and coexist, and show that they aren't just things we shove into a ball so we cn fight other trainers. With soaring, we got an extension and evolution of that, offering the ability to actually see where you are going and enjoy the ride instead of having a simple menu choice, which was personally always the weakpoint of HM Fly for me. Maybe I'm not in with what the general fandom wants, but replacing every means of traversal with vehicles and diminishing the role pf Pokemon to just weapons for battle is an admittance for me that they have no intention of ever fixing the single player and only have it so they can justify Pokemon as a full price retail game.
Personally, soaring should stay, and completely replace flying. Unfortunately the overhead view of the region looks to be the same as ORAS', just with a lot more detail instead of the general outline with simple textures to signify grass, mountains or the sea. If it does return, perhaps they made it faster, without the need of Mega Lati, so its a faster transition. I dunno if this means a new HM or some sort of item though. Maybe they can have key items needed for the traversal, like an avian cap for soaring, a life jacket for surfing, a power brace to help push rocks with your Pokemon and so on. Just something in general to evolve HM's, not abolish the concept entirely. Vehicular travel is not something Pokemon should entirely rest its laurels on, outside of stiff like ferries or the airplane for lentimas in B2W2.
I don't remember who mentioned it, I think it was @Mitchman, but it's not that much of stretch to think the Synchro mechanic is also in because they're showing the trainers in the battles. Though, the answer to if Ash-Greninja itself is still unknown.

If we were unable to see them, then they wouldn't be able to show off that the trainer and Pokémon are in synch.

Aside from that... I'm curious when we'll see the Zygarde formes and Magearna in the game. And the type of evolution Ash-Greninja is... When will they start showing it off?

Of course, these questions will be answered as time goes on, though I can see Zygarde formes and Magearna next month along with a few Pokémon and new gameplay features. I dunno about the latter... August or September?

Oh, sorry about that. I misread.

That sounds like a nice typing. Though I wouldn't mind Fire/Poison as some have suggested.

I just hope it isn't Fire/Fighting.
Yeah that was me. It could be a cool visual thing, but I would assume XY would have had that if it was the case, as the Mega Evolution animation implies that the trainer models are actually there, off screen. Unless gamefreak actually did have so much trouble with the transition to 3D.
As for the typing, Fire/Electric soinds to me like a typing for the sake of the rule of cool, no real merit or substance, and isn't conceptually sound. Meanwhile Fire/Poison can work with the oils in it fur, and the fact that its markings could represent the alcheky symbol for brimstone. A fire/poison tiger that has toxic fumes and oils covering it while being highly volatile would be pretty cool, and its design could be this scary looking mass of fire with fangs.

I wholly disagree. The point of HM's is to show that humans and Pokemon can work together to ocercome obstacles and coexist, and show that they aren't just things we shove into a ball so we cn fight other trainers. With soaring, we got an extension and evolution of that, offering the ability to actually see where you are going and enjoy the ride instead of having a simple menu choice, which was personally always the weakpoint of HM Fly for me. Maybe I'm not in with what the general fandom wants, but replacing every means of traversal with vehicles and diminishing the role pf Pokemon to just weapons for battle is an admittance for me that they have no intention of ever fixing the single player and only have it so they can justify Pokemon as a full price retail game.
Personally, soaring should stay, and completely replace flying. Unfortunately the overhead view of the region looks to be the same as ORAS', just with a lot more detail instead of the general outline with simple textures to signify grass, mountains or the sea. If it does return, perhaps they made it faster, without the need of Mega Lati, so its a faster transition. I dunno if this means a new HM or some sort of item though. Maybe they can have key items needed for the traversal, like an avian cap for soaring, a life jacket for surfing, a power brace to help push rocks with your Pokemon and so on. Just something in general to evolve HM's, not abolish the concept entirely. Vehicular travel is not something Pokemon should entirely rest its laurels on, outside of stiff like ferries or the airplane for lentimas in B2W2.
In NO way am saying that HMs or Pokemon helping trainers should be abolished. I just meant, as a ONE TIME ONLY gimmick for the ALOLA region IN PARTICULAR. Just to settle it apart from Hoenn and Gen VI. And then increase HMs again in Gen VIII.

What if the regional bird is Flying/Electric? Someone said that it's red and yellow, and yellow is Electric.

What if the regional bird is Flying/Electric? Someone said that it's red and yellow, and yellow is Electric.

There's no yellow on it as far as we know, here's the only picture where its colors are shown:
XNVTtQJ.jpg

Also Numel is yellow, but not an electric type. Same goes for Kakuna, Beedril, Psyduck, Drowzee, Hypno, etc. :p

I can't really stand the fact that Magearna, a robot pokemon, beeing introduced in such a tropical region with nothing than totems and not that developed people. Are we going to see something like the Azoth kingdome in these games ?

Hope Zygarde have some role in the story and will be showed ingame soon.

Back
Top Bottom