• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

Oh no don't get me wrong, XY gets a pass because it was a monumental jump for the series. I understand fully that worl was put into it, and that the games needed time for even more content. What I don't understand is why they didn't follow through with Kalos after all that hard work to give it a solid resolution.

Oh no don't get me wrong, XY gets a pass because it was a monumental jump for the series. I understand fully that worl was put into it, and that the games needed time for even more content. What I don't understand is why they didn't follow through with Kalos after all that hard work to give it a solid resolution.
Because they wanted another 3DS-based generation for the 20th anniversary. It's as simple as that.

Amazon's game description clearly states multiple islands, and its likely from promotional statements directly from TPCi. Even without that its obvious that the game is not just the one island, why would it be? Even 2 big islands like this one as you say would be enough content just for the game up to gym 3, not even half of the content in the series. The scale of the island and its density is fooling you I think, its a pretty big difference from what we're used to in the series. Its just so....open, with no clear starting point or continuation, we lokely won't even be able to guess the city order, just island order, based on the location of the big city and the Pokemon league.
Hmm I'm not so sure if we can rely on the official description about the multiple islands. They can easily mean only the one big and the multiple smaller islands we saw on the trailer. I doubt they just show us just a part of the region and not the whole thing. They never did something like this in the past. Of course I hope I'm wrong because I will be disappointed if the region is too small.

I hope Strange Souvenir don't play a major role on SM. Or if soo, we can also get them easily from the game.

Cause I just reset my X game for my brother and lost my items and I doubt my brother will talk enough to the tourist to get it T.T and I simply don't have luxury to replay it again...

I'm trusting this Amazon tidbit. The map shown in the trailers is clearly not enough for a whole region. I'm excited they're seemingly finally going with a group of islands instead of on land, this makes it feel even more fresh.

Personally I think it would be sheer insanity to base a region off of Hawaii and not make it a multi-island endeavor. Like, I can just barely see a possibility of them not doing it, but nobody thinks of Hawaii without thinking of islands. Alola being only one island is like, right on the edge of physically impossible.

I hope Strange Souvenir don't play a major role on SM. Or if soo, we can also get them easily from the game.

Cause I just reset my X game for my brother and lost my items and I doubt my brother will talk enough to the tourist to get it T.T and I simply don't have luxury to replay it again...

Could you not just ask, once he's gotten to Couriway, to borrow the game for five minutes over four successive days?

On another note, am I the only one who noticed how the big city has 2 Pokemon Centers?
i've noticed that as well. the number of Centers and their general odd placements has be very confused for now. the only things i can think of right now are: a) the region in general is less linear (for a Pokemon game), so Centers can be....wherever; or b) the character's periphery is a tablet/laptop with Box functions. they're both a bit out there, but with that concept art of a Poke-Ambulance, it does kinda make sense to me.
but on the hand offers a slippery slope getaway for gamefreak tp not put as much effort in the new generations.
that honor tbh belongs to third games (esp BW2). honestly i doubt many people would be complaining about Kalos itself had BW2 not set a precedent of being able to 'expand' a region to compensate for perceived flaws.
Hmm I'm not so sure if we can rely on the official description about the multiple islands. They can easily mean only the one big and the multiple smaller islands we saw on the trailer.
unfortunately-- for you, perhaps-- this is likely to be the case. with the exception of The Big Island, which is some 4-6x+ bigger than the other islands, the Hawaiian islands are not all that large. at worst Alola will be Poké-Oahu (the starting island) tacked on to the Big Island. i don't think that'll quite be the case, however it still remains a possibility and even if they include the other islands, Alola would still very much be "one big and multiple smaller islands."
I think even Lentimas and RM made sense. That mountain was still there on the original Unova map, we just couldn't access it. So I think it makes sense to, in the sequel, open it up and let us see what's in it. So, for me, there was nothing awkward or "tacked on" about B2W2's areas. If anything, it was a couple of the old areas in which it felt a bit weird - like how Challenger's Cave was blocked off for no good reason, or how the construction on Route 4 in Black 2 was never finished.
i think Humilau and Reversal mostly make sense. Lentimas should make sense, although its usage in the main-campaign as a sort of springboard for the PCs to be in Eastern Unova is a bit..... disappointing. i don't think Southwest Unova makes too much sense; the early bits of BW2 talk a little bit about how it's sort of bumfuck nowhere and that's why no one would've heard of it, but that oddly doesn't seem to be the case: there's still two gyms there, the former champion's hometown, PokéStar Studios, and Virbank City is practically on top of Driftveil. combined with the fact that it has no formal connection to the rest of Unova apart from Roxie's dad's ship, it rings very "we needed a new starting area or else this would practically be Pokemon Grey."

I think that we'll receive a Strange Souvenir in Sun and Moon if it has any quest in the games.

Kalos was too shiny. Once you got past the gleam, you're left with dust and disappointment.

Actually, I didn't think the Kalos was too shiny. Lumiose was, but everything else seemed sort of dark, disconsolate and bland apart from a few routes and beaches. Laverre City seemed really sad to me, and France had great potential for a happy region too. Hawaii will almost definitely be a happy and fun-filled region.

Actually, I didn't think the Kalos was too shiny. Lumiose was, but everything else seemed sort of dark, disconsolate and bland apart from a few routes and beaches. Laverre City seemed really sad to me, and France had great potential for a happy region too. Hawaii will almost definitely be a happy and fun-filled region.
Shiny was probably said in the way that hey, look, 3D Graphics. It's so shiny and new! Which in a way, is exactly the reaction a lot of us had. It was new exciting, and fun to experience such a big step in the franchise. ORAS continued that feeling, but it lost traction after that when the it started to become obvious when Gen 6 offered all it can offer.

Alola being only one island is like, right on the edge of physically impossible.

The island we see in the map is somewhat small - some starter routes, some natural landmarks such as the cave, and the crater, the starting town, and a big town on the west coast....and that's kind of it. While there's a lot to be seen, for sure, it's not a lot in terms of game progression. There's only two notable human settlements, with towns on some routes. And there's only one gym visible. The big town looks like some kind of port town, indicating travel between islands may initially be done by boat. On the north end of the island, there's a Pokemon center. You can see that end of the island in the Japanese trailer. This literally confirms that Aloha will be more than one island.

Aw man, watching the trailers again has me so excited. Roll on June 2nd for the next bit of info!

The only thing that XY and ORAS have in common is the graphic engine they use. Everything else (artsyle, pallette, storytelling, pacing, gameplay) is completely different. ORAS didn´t continue the feeling of XY, it was a very different gameplay experience, imo.

XY felt new and different from all previous games and generations (not in a positive way for me, personally). It had more realistic, darker colours and this pseudo- mature plot.

ORAS is like playing a classic pokemon game, but in new graphics and with modern mechanics. It is a perfect blend. And I certainly like the classic Gen III, IV, V feel of the games more than the feel of XY.

that honor tbh belongs to third games (esp BW2). honestly i doubt many people would be complaining about Kalos itself had BW2 not set a precedent of being able to 'expand' a region to compensate for perceived flaws.

I think you're probably right about that. I don't have any stats here but I don't really feel like a lot of people came out of BW saying, "Damn, you know what that region really needed? Five more towns and twenty more landmarks."

i think Humilau and Reversal mostly make sense. Lentimas should make sense, although its usage in the main-campaign as a sort of springboard for the PCs to be in Eastern Unova is a bit..... disappointing. i don't think Southwest Unova makes too much sense; the early bits of BW2 talk a little bit about how it's sort of bumfuck nowhere and that's why no one would've heard of it, but that oddly doesn't seem to be the case: there's still two gyms there, the former champion's hometown, PokéStar Studios, and Virbank City is practically on top of Driftveil. combined with the fact that it has no formal connection to the rest of Unova apart from Roxie's dad's ship, it rings very "we needed a new starting area or else this would practically be Pokemon Grey."

If it helps, Cheren's Gym *just* opened once you start the game, Roxie's wouldn't have been relevant until she became a Gym Leader (which I think was also recent?), and the Champion coming from a quiet little rural town is fine, I think. PokéStar Studios is weirdly placed, though, yeah.

Shiny was probably said in the way that hey, look, 3D Graphics. It's so shiny and new!

Maybe they meant it in the sense that nighttime in Kalos is almost as bright and shiny as daytime because of the region's horrifying levels of light pollution! :p

XY is shiny indeed. Many beautiful places, 3d graphics, many new features in comparizon with the older generations. I'm ok with it. I like XY even if it doesn't have significant post game content. The good post game is indeed an important feature for me too, but I think that the content of the main storyline is enough.

The Pokemon available in XY really bumped it up for me, but I find ORAS a much more traditional and exciting Pokemon game. I don't know, I just feel like XY could have been handled a bit better.

Anyway, getting back to topic. I have a feeling that this new news on the 2nd will include Zygarde and how it may fit into the games.

Anyway, getting back to topic. I have a feeling that this new news on the 2nd will include Zygarde and how it may fit into the games.

That'd be nice. Lord knows we've all debated about it enough by now. But it seems like an odd thing to show in what is only the second promotion, when all we have is the Starters and the nameless mascots.

That's why it would good. It doesn't need to be the only thing that they say. How the other legendaries fit in could be good too, such as Magearna. Maybe some gameplay footage on the website?

So Masuda is counting down to June 2nd.

Masuda counted down to May 10th too.

Also, this probably means nothing, but this happens the same day the last episode of the Ash-Greninja arc airs.

More Information!(次の新情報) : 増田順一 公式ブログ

I've seen speculation that the two may be connected. A reveal of what Ash-Greninja truly is, perhaps? It was only said to be similar to a mega evolution, after all.

Back
Top Bottom