• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

I wouldn't really say it's a pattern considering Generation 1 /did/ have four games instead of three tbh.
Only in Japan. Blue was the US version of Green. That is why I didn't count it as a game since most countries in the world have the Blue version.

Only in Japan. Blue was the US version of Green. That is why I didn't count it as a game since most countries in the world have the Blue version.
The American release of Red and Blue are actually the Japanese release of Blue, which was the updated third version for Japan (akin to Crystal/Emerald/Platinum). So it makes perfect sense to count Green.

The American release of Red and Blue are actually the Japanese release of Blue, which was the updated third version for Japan (akin to Crystal/Emerald/Platinum). So it makes perfect sense to count Green.
I don't count games that are not released internationally. Blue didn't had the third version content like the others did so I don't consider it a third version.

Anyway, I believe that the content in Sun and Moon might be enough for us to do in a week or two.

The prospect of having a legendary quartet instead of/as well as a trio is exciting.
What about a septet, a group of seven, in relation with the seven planets of alchemy?
We may possibly have 6 legendaries, Solgaleo + Lunala + the 4 island guardians, so maybe one more?

What about a septet, a group of seven, in relation with the seven planets of alchemy?

That would be pretty amazing tbh, especially if they all shared part of a collective lore together. I'd end up nicknaming them all after the Sailor Scouts. :LOL: That or after famous alchemists, whichever strikes my fancy.

Did anyone know that that mountain's crater on the first island is called Koko Head in Hawaii? Maybe that's where Tapu Koko lives and we may capture it postgame or part of the story.
That would make sense. My guess is that the guardians all are in the exotic looking places of each isle. That is, the hollow volcano, the active volcano, the ice mountain, and those hot springa on the legendary isle. My guess is that the types are Grass Fire Ice and Rock, perhaps with Fairy as the type shared between em.

That would make sense. My guess is that the guardians all are in the exotic looking places of each isle. That is, the hollow volcano, the active volcano, the ice mountain, and those hot springa on the legendary isle. My guess is that the types are Grass Fire Ice and Rock, perhaps with Fairy as the type shared between em.
That's a good estimation. But if they do tie in with Solgaleo and Lunala, then I suspect they will all be part Psychic-type.

So... It seems like Shiny Magearna popped up.

1466528824972.jpg

As for the text, it's said to say that this is what Magearna looked like when it was originally made 500 years ago.

I want it. ;_;

It's definitely made me like Magearna a lot more, knowing it wasn't just as bland looking 500 years ago lol. Is this confirmed to be it's general shiny form then? Serebii says it's unknown if it will be carried over to the games atm..

It's definitely made me like Magearna a lot more, knowing it wasn't just as bland looking 500 years ago lol. Is this confirmed to be it's general shiny form then? Serebii says it's unknown if it will be carried over to the games atm..

Same here! And apparently not, hence why I said "seems", though I wouldn't be surprised if it was called a Shiny.

Speaking of that, if it isn't the Shiny and it is in the games... I'm curious how it'll be given out.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it'd basically be an aesthetic form for Magearna. Unless it has some stat differences.

Same here! And apparently not, hence why I said "seems", though I wouldn't be surprised if it was called a Shiny.

Speaking of that, if it isn't the Shiny and it is in the games... I'm curious how it'll be given out.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it'd basically be an aesthetic form for Magearna. Unless it has some stat differences.

Even if there was no stat change, seeing this now only makes me want this colour/form of it in particular haha. Maybe it is it's "shiny" form in game though? Similar to how movie Genesect wasn't referred to as a shiny beforehand if I'm correct? At least in the actual movie (But then again, we already knew what shiny Genesect looked like from the games)... Hopefully we get some footage of it or something soon or around the movie release (which is soon) in the games, would be nice.

I pretty much wrote Magearna off when I learned that she is a Mythical. So this new shiny forme makes me notice one thing. It's very much in tune with the Sun it being gold and the Moon it being silver. Just another Johto reference. :p

I'm sorry, but some of the suggestions of tons of legends are just wayyyyyy too many imo. I've personally been absolutely sick of the sheer number of legendaries. Gens I, II, and VI hit it about right. The more legendaries, the less special they each are imo. Like, my personal feeling is an ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM of 6 in a new generation (not counting mythicals), and even that is pushing it too far. I would prefer just 2 or 3, unless they include mythicals in-game. If we have 4 guardians, 1 for each island, then I hope that means only 6 legendaries (Solgaleo, Lunala, 4 guardians). No more please. ;-;

Back
Top Bottom