• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

Then again, we don't know for sure if the NX is actually a 3DS successor/replacement.

The only thing that's there is a leak, which will not go onto this forum.

Which leak are you referring to?
I wouldn't really call it a leak so much as a rumor. The word on the street is that GameFreak has an in-house developed Pokemon title ready to go for the NX. But I wouldn't expect it to be a part of Gen 7 but rather a spinoff title of some kind.

It's Pokemon Snap 2!

A spin-off of any kind would form part of Gen 7. It's like the Ranger series is apart of Gen 3 and 4.

No, no, not Snap 2, I meant the final evolutions of the starters.

Sounds crazy... but maybe Diamond and Pearl remakes?

I mean, from what I've seen and heard it's Gamefreak developing, which suggests main series... A port of SM just doesn't seem right. And it would be way too soon for Gen 8. So.... DP remakes would more or less be next in line? I guess? And it's kinda prime-time since the kids who played DP first are now teens, which would be a good demographic to secure some sales in.

Let's look at potential options for Pokemon NX (2017), assuming the rumor about GF developing is true:

1. Sun/Moon port - just seems.... weird. I highly doubt it. Why do that several months after release? A new game is more likely, I think.

2. Sun/Moon sequel - more likely than a port, but mid-2017 seems wayyy too soon for another Alola game/sequel.

3. Kanto revisit - very possible, given the popularity of gen 1, the popularity of Pokemon Go, and being a fine starting point for Pokemon on NX. Though we just got the VC releases, and they'd be missing Pokemon's 20th anniversary by a year.

4. New generation - way too soon. That's ridiculous. Enough said.

5. Diamond/Pearl remakes - On one hand, you could say it's too soon. Remakes have come out every 5 years so far, pegging DP for 2019. But we know GF is capable of and more frequently breaking convention. HGSS came out 10 years after GS, ORAS came 12 years after RS, so DP remakes on NX in 2017 would be 11, which could still fit. Also, the kids who played DP first are now likely in their mid-late teens--the prime time for gaining their sales. Diamond and Pearl remakes on NX in 2017 might sound a bit crazy, but it's one of the few options IMO that I think could happen. Unless this rumor is simply false, or if the main team at Gamefreak is actually doing a non-main series game. Idk.

Last edited:
Sounds crazy... but maybe Diamond and Pearl remakes?

I mean, from what I've seen and heard it's Gamefreak developing, which suggests main series... A port of SM just doesn't seem right. And it would be way too soon for Gen 8. So.... DP remakes would more or less be next in line? I guess? And it's kinda prime-time since the kids who played DP first are now teens, which would be a good demographic to secure some sales in.

Let's look at potential options for Pokemon NX (2017), assuming the rumor about GF developing is true:

1. Sun/Moon port - just seems.... weird. I highly doubt it. Why do that several months after release? A new game is more likely, I think.

2. Sun/Moon sequel - more likely than a port, but mid-2017 seems wayyy too soon for another Alola game/sequel.

3. Kanto revisit - very possible, given the popularity of gen 1, the popularity of Pokemon Go, and being a fine starting point for Pokemon on NX. Though we just got the VC releases, and they'd be missing Pokemon's 20th anniversary by a year.

4. New generation - way too soon. That's ridiculous. Enough said.

5. Diamond/Pearl remakes - On one hand, you could say it's too soon. Remakes have come out every 5 years so far, pegging DP for 2019. But we know GF is capable of and more frequently breaking convention. HGSS came out 10 years after GS, ORAS came 12 years after RS, so DP remakes on NX in 2017 would be 11, which could still fit. Also, the kids who played DP first are now likely in their mid-late teens--the prime time for gaining their sales. Diamond and Pearl remakes on NX in 2017 might sound a bit crazy, but it's one of the few options IMO that I think could happen. Unless this rumor is simply false, or if the main team at Gamefreak is actually doing a non-main series game. Idk.
I want either option 2 or 5 to happen. Either way is fine. Anyway, gen 7 would last longer than two games but I think that Sun and Moon should be the main focus now. Can worry about the next games later.

It is possible there might be a Gen 7 Wii U game, but it won't be main series. For now, we have the 3DS. Gens IV and V were also on the DS and how many main series games was that? Too many. DPP+HGSS+BWB2W2.

I doubt they will make a Sinnoh remake but it is possible. They skipped gen V for remakes and saved it for now. It all depends on how Game Freak wants the story of their world to connect.

And it also depends on what Nintendo wants GF to do. I mean, if GF is developing a game for NX to be released next year, that's really something. But anyhoo, yay Gen 7 Sun/Moon XD

My brother is actually excited to get Sun. My brother hasn't been too into the games since Ruby/Sapphire (he fell off the bandwagon and never got back on). He's owned a few of the older ones but didn't get X/Y or OR/AS. I've told him about some of the stuff and he seems legitimately excited. Luckily he doesn't care which version he gets so I told him to get sun since my girlfriend's gonna get me Moon. :D

I'm hoping they keep the possible Sinnoh remakes on the 3DS. ): No way in heck I'll be able to get the next system as well as any games for it any time in the foreseeable future.

Same here. I already spent $180 on a New Nintendo 3DS XL so I can play Earthbound. I don't think I can afford a new system at this point, especially since I don't have a job yet. But doesn't Nintendo usually keep the main games on the handheld consoles anyway?

Same here. I already spent $180 on a New Nintendo 3DS XL so I can play Earthbound. I don't think I can afford a new system at this point, especially since I don't have a job yet. But doesn't Nintendo usually keep the main games on the handheld consoles anyway?
Usually? Try always. :p

Back
Top Bottom