• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

Gen 1 has the best Pokemon, so I'm absolutely fine with the love-in.

What I dislike are bad designs; Mega Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise were terrible. (Blastoise being the worst), but old evolutions were also pretty bad. When Gen 4 had that batch of evolutions where they mostly became fat (Magnezone, Rhyperior, Magmortar, Electivire, Lickilicky etc)

Well I think the Alola forms will fill that role in terms of reveals, even if we don't get any new megas.
true but how many gen I pokes will they convert? they can't possibly retype the entire generation (and their later pre- and post- evolutions)

Well, I guess that rugby monkey (Fighting?) and snowman (Ice/Ghost) is now assured. :p
What??? Where?

thOlIIv.png
Foreshadowing? This poster is in the gamefreak hotel too gamefreak definitely planned Alola and dropped this small hint for us in oras

thOlIIv.png
Foreshadowing? This poster is in the gamefreak hotel too gamefreak definitely planned Alola and dropped this small hint for us in oras
Considering they were already working on Alola during ORAS...

I mean, really I think it's just a palm tree despite my joking on Twitter.

Considering they were already working on Alola during ORAS...

I mean, really I think it's just a palm tree despite my joking on Twitter.
Gamefreak have thrown in hints to new games in the past though it could be something, they also riddled rustboro with helix references, they know what they're knowing.

I'd say the over 9000 joke too but I have no idea what that npc said in japense

Gamefreak have thrown in hints to new games in the past though it could be something, they also riddled rustboro with helix references, they know what they're knowing.

I'd say the over 9000 joke too but I have no idea what that npc said in japense
Eh, even Rustboro is stretching it. It was well established that the Stones have a fondness for rocks and fossils and the helix pattern is a visually interesting one. I know a lot of fans ran with the idea of it and maaaaaaaybe it was a reference that GF slipped in (TPP did happen the same year of ORAS) but I remain convinced it was merely a happy coincidence.

And yes, GF does throw in hints about the world of their games. I'm just not sure a palm tree photo in Hoenn is much to go on.

I love the new Alola form of Raichu. Did not expect it to be part Psychic. Namakobushi is called Pyukumuk with the ability Innards out which is neat. Morelull, a Grass/Fairy with Illuminate & Effect Spore which is a nice looking pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the new Alola form of Raichu. Did not expect it to be part Psychic. Namakobushi is called Pyukumuk with the ability Innards out which is neat. Morelull, a Grass/Fairy with Illuminate & Effect Spore which is a nice looking pokemon.

If these leaks are legit, I'm slightly disappointed at our little sea cucumber friend. He's just a plain Water-type, and while Water is good, a little more spice to its type would've been nice. But I wonder what Innards Out does? Does it mean all "belching" moves (aka: moves that spit stuff) like Acid or Belch get a boost? Or does it do something else? And it looks like those leaks from way back are starting to prove true, such as our new mushroom Pokemon, though I admit the Grass/Fairy is a nice little combo for it. Makes it more like a magical mushroom like you hear about in fairy tales (or Mario Bros). As for Alolan Raichu, the Psychic-type addition is certainly a surprise, but I'm really curious about Surge Surfer or whatever, because it does look like it's "surfing" on its tail. At least Raichu isn't gonna get shafted this time around, unlike normally. Makes me wonder what Alolan Persain will be like. Hmm... curious.

Omfg please people tell me you all have been to Serebii today because they revealed one new pokemon with Alolan Raichu which is now electric/psychic with a new ability. It looks soooo cute!!

Edit: haha just now saw the spoilers.

Gen 1 has the best Pokemon, so I'm absolutely fine with the love-in.

What I dislike are bad designs; Mega Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise were terrible. (Blastoise being the worst), but old evolutions were also pretty bad. When Gen 4 had that batch of evolutions where they mostly became fat (Magnezone, Rhyperior, Magmortar, Electivire, Lickilicky etc)

You're trying so hard to push your opinion on us that it makes me cringe. Of all the Pokemon you mentioned, the only one I don't like is Lickilicky, so who's opinion is more right? Mine or your's? The answer is neither.

My personal opinion is that we need the Kanto callbacks to keep old fans interested, the Gen IV evolutions were revolutionary for their time, fact, so much so that it has had fans asking for a similar batch of Pokemon for years. Introducing Megas with Mewtwo and the Kanto starters was a good way to hook old fans. These Alola forms have been, in my opinion, the most attractive thing about the game, again, this is just me, none of the new Pokemon appeal to me but a lot of the Alolan forms do.

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, but there's a point where your opinion crests over to what appears to be complaining while running yourself in circles. All I hear in my head is "Stop pushing Kanto on us, stop pushing Kanto on us, stop pushing Kanto on us". We don't need to start arguments about Kanto EVERY TIME something new gets leaked, come on.

I've read over the last three pages very thoroughly, you guys know who you are, it's the same exact words out of all of you every time with your anti-Kanto rhetoric, if you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to use old Pokemon or Alolan formes, which is the part that has me astounded. You realize a lot of people only use new Pokemon with new games? On the flip side a lot of people use only old Pokemon or a majority of old Pokemon, myself included. You can use what YOU want to use, without spewing this anti-Kanto stuff non-stop, some of us are sick of it. If it bothers you that much, quit Pokemon.

Last edited:
You're trying so hard to push your opinion on us that it makes me cringe. Of all the Pokemon you mentioned, the only one I don't like is Lickilicky, so who's opinion is more right? Mine or your's? The answer is neither.

My personal opinion is that we need the Kanto callbacks to keep old fans interested, the Gen IV evolutions were revolutionary for their time, fact, so much so that it has had fans asking for a similar batch of Pokemon for years. Introducing Megas with Mewtwo and the Kanto starters was a good way to hook old fans. These Alola forms have been, in my opinion, the most attractive thing about the game, again, this is just me, none of the new Pokemon appeal to me but a lot of the Alolan forms do.

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, but there's a point where your opinion crests over to what appears to be complaining while running yourself in circles. All I hear in my head is "Stop pushing Kanto on us, stop pushing Kanto on us, stop pushing Kanto on us". We don't need to start arguments about Kanto EVERY TIME something new gets leaked, come on.

I've read over the last three pages very thoroughly, you guys know who you are, it's the same exact words out of all of you every time with your anti-Kanto rhetoric, if you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to use old Pokemon or Alolan formes, which is the part that has me astounded. You realize a lot of people only use new Pokemon with new games? On the flip side a lot of people use only old Pokemon or a majority of old Pokemon, myself included. You can use what YOU want to use, without spewing this anti-Kanto stuff non-stop, some of us are sick of it. If it bothers you that much, quit Pokemon.

How am I trying to push my opinion on you? LOL

Mate, take a chill pill.

You guys need to relax. I like/love Gen 1, so I say it.

If anything, reactions like yours and people going "that's subjective" etc. are the ones who are trying to push an opinion.

Btw, everything is an opinion. So, for example, the reveal of Morelull:

A: It looks great.
B: No, it doesn't. Stop trying to push your opinion.

If we follow your rules, we have no discussion whatsoever.

Chill out like Alolan Raichu.

I love Morelull (it has a real fairytale look to it).....but darn it I'm already picking Rowlet and considering Mimikyu.

I can't just rotate 12+ Pokemon. :p

How am I trying to push my opinion on you? LOL

Mate, take a chill pill.

You guys need to relax. I like/love Gen 1, so I say it.

If anything, reactions like yours and people going "that's subjective" etc. are the ones who are trying to push an opinion.

Btw, everything is an opinion. So, for example, the reveal of Morelull:

A: It looks great.
B: No, it doesn't. Stop trying to push your opinion.

If we follow your rules, we have no discussion whatsoever.

Chill out like Alolan Raichu.

You've completely missed my point. The point is everyday there is a leak even remotely related to Kanto-based content, people either throw a fit and say that they're ruining it or that they should forget Kanto, basically. It's become monotone, it's all we hear out of a relatively large group of anti-Kanto people. The same ones complaining a page or two back about Santalune Forest and Snorlaxes blocking the road, like really?

The funny thing is most of you have put into practice a double standard targeting Kanto and its content. Here's the double standard.

"Kanto is lame. The Pokemon are bland. The plot is boring. The characters show little to no development."

>Gamefreak and Pokemon tries to recreate and reimagine Kanto and its content

"Ugh stop trying to make it better you're ruining Kanto. Just leave it alone."

See? That's what's called a double standard. You say something sucks and complain when they answer your call to and make it better.

I think that Bug/Water is part of an evolution line. It seems to have the potential to become stronger.

I like the pseudo-evolution for the fish. It's not evolving, just changing form.

Back
Top Bottom