• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

So, we have Drampa and Turtonator as Dragons. I reckon that one of them would have a pre-evolution or evolution. I still want a Dragon evolution line for gen 7.
I wonder whether there will be no pseudo-legendaries this gen? Because, they seem to be mixing things up a little.

Do either of these look like they have a red core (Squishy)? If not, that may mean that we'll see more than two cores in the anime very soon. Then we can finally have an explanation. And apparently, Zygarde can destroy a whole city by creating large roots. What move could that be?

Screenshot (13).png

I have beek thinking, but what if gyms are in Alola? The goal of the island trials is to create and develop trainers right? But why train and become champion of the island trials? However much I love the idea of gyms changing, there is an itch in the back of my head. An itch telling me gyms are still in, but an actual challenge, which is why the trials exist. As an actual rite of passage for the most difficult gym quest yet.

Nah. The team captains challenging us in a final tournament is far more likely than gyms randomly being built.

Nah. The team captains challenging us in a final tournament is far more likely than gyms randomly being built.
But they aren't randomly built. Gyms exist in the region, but only challenged by those who can clear the trials. Which is why Guzma is so upset about not clearing the trials and is so against em, the strict regimen and requirements to challenge something freely available in other regions could be a talking point for the story.

This is assuming that they even exist. With how unique the Island Challenge is, I don't think Gyms will happen, if I'm perfectly honest. Having Gyms would probably undermine the value of the Island Challenge in relation to Alolan culture in-universe.

Gyms feel more like the "new" way proving oneself worthy.
Not quite the word I'd use for that. Maybe something like the Island Challenge being traditional and the Gym Challenge being the modern standard? In any case, it's ironic to use those words in a meta sense because the Island Challenge's way of doing this is, to us real life players, the new method.

The only thing that worries me, and this is thinking way too far ahead, is whether or not the Island Challenge's methods will be the exception rather than the norm after Sun & Moon release. I really want something like this to make a return in future games, even if it's not the exact same.

If gyms truly aren't in, something I would not mind at all despite my topic starter above which was just to some hypothetical thinking, I think that alone means this gen is not a gap generation or standalone if you will, like gen 5 and Unova's excerise of isolation. As perfect a game as SM can be, a new groundbreaking traditoon smashing game structure will never really stick into the minds of the community unless you implement it in an older region and really shake the foundations of the series. I just realized that there is one major way they can do this in the same generation, although it might be risky. What I mean is, that with the longevity of the island trials possibly covering all the types, replay value of a trial system might be harder succumb to compared to say the gym challenge. Of course this won't be that big an issue, or should not, as all new regions alongside the remake regions had a large amount of type overlap, so who knows.
But anyway, I think a return to Kanto might just be what is in order for this. Or better yet, Kanto and Johto. I have had this idea in my mind for years, but I kust put two and two together, and the island trials is the perfect opportunity for what could be the hugest change and surprise they can pull off:
Both regions joined together as one. Although both as a region together eould be far too big even for today' region size, if they shave down the route numbers by numbering the conjoined routes into one, and perhaps make Celadon/Saffron/Vermillion into one Metropolis, it could be feasible. But that is not the point. The point is, the island trials under a different name, spanning the entirety of both regions in one huge game, in my eyes, would definitely prove its worth and solidify it as a maistay feature. Future remakes could still jave gyms by taking place in the past of course, but going forward the new gameplay style would definitely have its place.
Going back to my idea, Johto/Kanto is the original all types in one package adventure, and conjoining that adventure in one mega region would be amazing.

Maybe after Sun/Moon we'll start seeing a gym format that's like the Orange Islands- just a mix of task-oriented and regular battle-oriented gyms.
I think I'd be okay with that. I'm not opposed to the island challenge concept that we're getting but I do hope that the traditional gym format still sticks around in some capacity. I have a growing collection of badges I want to keep adding to.

I wonder whether there will be no pseudo-legendaries this gen? Because, they seem to be mixing things up a little.

Personally, though I agree it's possible there will be no Dragon psuedo-Legendaries in this generation, I think Tapu Koko and the suspected three other Pokemon like it (the guardian ones, is it?) will be either Legendaries or psuedo-Legendaries.

Personally, though I agree it's possible there will be no Dragon psuedo-Legendaries in this generation, I think Tapu Koko and the suspected three other Pokemon like it (the guardian ones, is it?) will be either Legendaries or psuedo-Legendaries.
Tapu Koko is referred to as a guardian deity which would make the four Tapu's Legendaries.

Gen 7 has no flaws at the moment. Been enjoying all the news we gotten so far. What got me really hyped is the two new Dragon pokemon which I am wanting to use as soon as possible.

I don't wanna over-hype myself but I agree there hasn't been a real misstep yet so far---at most the fact it seems the old models aren't getting updated is a bit disappointing mainly due to the always-flying Pokemon models sticking around, but then again the overworld models look really nice now that they've abandoned the chibi style and the new move animations are tight too.

Oh and that the game still seems pretty easy going by the Pokemon count, but the Totem Pokemon look as if they'll offer a unique challenge that for once is imbalanced in the opponent's favor which Pokemon needs to do more.

I was just thinking, imagine if they made a new digital Pokemon like Porygon that could be transferred into an Amiibo made especially for it. So it would sort of be able to live in your Amiibo.

It totally seems like the kind of weird concept Game Freak would love. :p

Aw man I really want a special Porygon Amiibo now. That'd be cool. I've never really used a Porygon before, that could be cool.

Back
Top Bottom