• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

Only got as far as thiftu management can't find anything else with him, so all I know is he wants to study dance aboard but can't since he got laid off, feels unfinished though and a line popped about about the battle lingering in my mind so I think its not done yet.

I think the battle lingering thing is about receiving the Reverent battle style. There is a similar comment after you rematch the other trial captains (Ilima, Lana, and Mallow, at least) and they all correspond to a battle style.

I agree about the challenges. Not being able to leave gives them the right amount of difficulty to be considered a "challenge." I think it's funny, different people have drastically different experiences with totem Pokémon. While you had troubles with Lurantis, I was lucky enough to take it out before it even called an ally. However, Salazzle gave me a run for my money. She poisoned me the first turn, then called her help and the two of them spammed venom drench and venoshock. My friend though, similar to the lurantis thing, used a ground move and just took out salazzle right away. It's all about what's on your team, really.

Agreed for me, Salazzle was the quickest and easier, 1 high horse power and it was Ko'd no time to attack or call an ally. Whereas I struggled with Mimikyu it nearly beat me, but most people don;t seem to have found it that hard.

Didn't liked the fire trial. Was forced to switch out my main starter to win it.

Only the final totem Pokémon gave me an issue, beat it on the first try regardless but was the only challenging totem to me. mostly due to type advantage.

Beat Moon version, caught all the legendries and ultra beasts, now starting Sun, Kommo-o wont take me by surprise again lol.

Lurantis and, surprisingly enough, Vikavolt were the ones which gave me trouble. Lurantis due to that evil Castform, Vikavolt due to a team overdosed with Flying types (interestingly, Pelipper proved instrumental in that one).

Didn't liked the fire trial. Was forced to switch out my main starter to win it.
This has to be the most absurd reason to dislike a trial I have ever seen. These games are not designed with the intention of being beaten with one pokemon. If you decide to do so then you should have been prepared to deal with types you're weak to and not blame the game for your own lack of skill in trying to doing a solo run.

This has to be the most absurd reason to dislike a trial I have ever seen. These games are not designed with the intention of being beaten with one pokemon. If you decide to do so then you should have been prepared to deal with types you're weak to and not blame the game for your own lack of skill in trying to doing a solo run.
My skills is fine. It is the experience points that we get that slows us down. It was obvious that the difficulty got increased. So yes, blaming the game and disliking the trial is a legit reason in my opinion.

My skills is fine. It is the experience points that we get that slows us down. It was obvious that the difficulty got increased. So yes, blaming the game and disliking the trial is a legit reason in my opinion.

So, you prefer a really easy game with no challenge, just to solo the game with one Pokémon?

You are blaming the game because it wouldn't let you easily win using a self imposed challenge.

This isn't something I usually say for pokemon but.

Git gud. Or use more pokemon like the game was intended to play.

I'm really enjoying Sun and Moon but good lord is that opening terrible. A lot of story and characterization certainly, but the constant cut scenes and lack of actual gameplay really started to grate on me. Every time the game let me go I almost didn't want to go to the next check mark.

Pokemon diversity is pretty good and is actually pretty cool this time around. Being able to have a Rufflet by Route 3 is stellar!

Trials are also interesting though I haven't really found them that difficult what with how I'm playing. I even beat Totem Lurantis last night in one hit after everyone warned me about how difficult it was.

I am doing something different this time though; I'm swapping out my team pretty often and yet they are still keeping up in levels decently well. I used to hate the Gen V EXP system but now I can't say I'm minding it too much.

I'm really enjoying Sun and Moon but good lord is that opening terrible. A lot of story and characterization certainly, but the constant cut scenes and lack of actual gameplay really started to grate on me. Every time the game let me go I almost didn't want to go to the next check mark.

Pokemon diversity is pretty good and is actually pretty cool this time around. Being able to have a Rufflet by Route 3 is stellar!

Trials are also interesting though I haven't really found them that difficult what with how I'm playing. I even beat Totem Lurantis last night in one hit after everyone warned me about how difficult it was.

I am doing something different this time though; I'm swapping out my team pretty often and yet they are still keeping up in levels decently well. I used to hate the Gen V EXP system but now I can't say I'm minding it too much.

Also the opening completely ruins the twist about the Aether foundation. I mean there was obviously signs already, but still...
I agree the diversity is good, although is it true some Pokemon only appear in certain patches of grass on a route and not the entire route?

I admire Game Freak for trying something new with Trials, but I prefer the Gym Leader format.

The exp system is a mix of Gen V and VI, it has the scaling based on levels that Gen 5 had, but keeps the Exp All from Gen VI, also unlike Gen VI my Pokemon didn't grow ridiculously fast, and while higher than most trainers there was no repeat of the farce of Gen VI where your about 10 to 15 levels higher. It was good, as never had to grind in the grass like Gens I to V but also wasnt overpowered like Gen VI

although is it true some Pokemon only appear in certain patches of grass on a route and not the entire route?

Yep, that is indeed true. I kind of like it but it's been annoying at times as well.

Also the opening completely ruins the twist about the Aether foundation. I mean there was obviously signs already, but still...

Well, in fairness, if it's given away in the opening, then it's probably not really meant to be a twist. :p

That scenario wasn't quite like, you know, something like Colress being dressed in such a way that utterly fails to conceal the fact that he's probably allied with Team Plasma.

Back
Top Bottom