• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Both Sun and Moon legendaries looks very awesome. To be honest, I didn't quite expected they will have great designs.

I wonder if Lunala will be a Dark/Fairy-type? I think that would be really cool. For Solgaleo, I can see it being pure Fire-type, but I wonder if it might end up being Fire/Steel? Looks kind of artificial, in a sense.

I'm still not sold on the legendary mascots.. Just when we are having totally unique designs such as Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde that you wouldn't realize they're a pair or trio by just looking, they're now going back to similarly designed mascots like Weather trio with their patterned lines, Creation trio with their eyes and plating, and so on..

They're almost like Arceusified Pyroar and Noivern.. But well, they'll grow on me as their story enfolds.

I like that the stage we see the mascots on at the end has the logos for the games on either side. Those logos are too cool to waste!

I'm still not sold on the legendary mascots.. Just when we are having totally unique designs such as Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde that you wouldn't realize they're a pair or trio by just looking, they're now going back to similarly designed mascots like Weather trio with their patterned lines, Creation trio with their eyes and plating, and so on..

They're almost like Arceusified Pyroar and Noivern.. But well, they'll grow on me as their story enfolds.

I kind of get what you're saying. But it's not like these are as similar as Reshiram/Zekrom, Palkia/Dialga were in design to each other? If I didn't know these two were mascots, I wouldn't put them together.

I'd consider a deer and a hawk/eagle being closer in counterparts than a lion and a bat. Actually, now I've said that; these mascots are closer to Xerneas & Yveltal as counterparts than any other mascots.

I am liking Lunaala since his design really reminds me of a bat maybe he's secretly a vampire.

I was just talking to my friend about how the moon mascot looks like a Noivern Mega, and goodness that other people were thinking that way too XD

The lion looks gorgeous. Might go with Sun.

Damn, that Moon Bat legendary. Looks ominous with that skeleton-like body, I love it! Kind of feels like it could very well be some boss character in a Kirby game or something.

Oh well, I guess we have to wait for their backstory and official artwork to scrutinize them better.

I really love their transparent face though, as if they have universe brains. I wonder what the typing would be like others said.. Dark/Fairy for Lunaala and pure Fire for Solgaleo. But they would look similar to Dark/Flying Yveltal and pure Fairy Xerneas. Hmm.

I'm tempted to say Fire/Normal for Solgaleo since it's white body resembles Arceus.. but.. Pyroar... ugh. Fire/Fairy, perhaps? I'm bothered if it's pure Fire.

Moon mascot looks like something out of Dark Souls/Bloodborne. Has this weird, eerie vibe to it, especially with its skeleton features.

The lion is the better of the two imo, but I'm not particularly sold on either right now. Maybe when we find out more about them I'll warm up to them more.

Something about both legendaries indicate they are artificial and otherworldly--like they do not belong to that world. Maybe they are imitators of the original?

Last edited:
Not really liking the Moon mascot. It looks like some bizarre Cresselia/Noivern combo. The Sun one looks beautiful, though.

Just noticed that Lunaala normally looks like a crescent moon but when it brings its wings round to attack it suddenly becomes a full moon :)

And Solgaleo has similar feet to Cobalion. Hate slipper feet. Ew.

tumblr_o6yx0lJkhc1rpgpivo1_250.gif

Just came across this, apparently it's from the background of the Japanese trailer. Looks like Solgaleo using its signature move? I mean obvious association for the sun is Fire and the move seems pretty Fire-like to me too.

Does anyone know if these legends are based on some kind of real-world mythology?

Back
Top Bottom