• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Generation VIII Games Speculation

What do you think will be the basis of the next Region?

• South-East Asia (NOT including Japan)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Rest of Asia (EXCLUDING Japan)

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Japan

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Somewhere in USA

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Somewhere in UK

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Australia

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Somewhere in South Africa/Africa in General

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Somewhere in South America

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Any Other (Post to Tell)

Votes: 13 15.7%

• Total voters
As I live in the UK I would be interested to see what they would come up with for us lol.

Most of the time we get over exaggerated on our etiquette and stiff upper lip.

Give me Norway and Eastern Europe, Alaska, Sweden, Greenland, Syberia, Kanada in one region.
Then a water/fighting bear, a fire/fairy goat-man and a rock/grass or rock steel predator animal.

Give me Norway and Eastern Europe, Alaska, Sweden, Greenland, Syberia, Kanada in one region.
Far fetch'd.

fire/fairy goat-man
People would rage so bad. I'd like to see a less complicated starter for once (Like Typhlosion or Charizard), which is more animal-like. My vote goes to Fire/Fairy rabbit or Fire/Fairy Pegasus.

People would rage so bad. I'd like to see a less complicated starter for once (Like Typhlosion or Charizard), which is more animal-like. My vote goes to Fire/Fairy rabbit or Fire/Fairy Pegasus.

Not farfethed. Icy climate would allow for more new ice types and pokemon that could happen , a water(fighting) bear starter and others.

not to coplicated, Im starting to like the idea of a Satyr, Pan like crature that would use Grass Whistle and Dream Eater.

Pegasus and rabbit seem to simple in my opinon. But maybe a headless ghostly centaur and a indian Rabbit warrior? that would be something. Plus tthey need to use more colors then black,red, yellow, there are also violet, blue, orange, green when it comes to flames.

Not farfethed. Icy climate would allow for more new ice types and pokemon that could happen , a water(fighting) bear starter and others.

They're never going to make a Region that big.

Pegasus and rabbit seem to simple in my opinon. But maybe a headless ghostly centaur and a indian Rabbit warrior? that would be something
They need simple starters. Blaziken was the only starter that succeeded with a complicated design. And people do not want humanoid starters. I think they need to recreate the simplicity of Gen I and II when it comes to starters.

They're never going to make a Region that big.
it would be normal sized region only with more ice.

They need simple starters. Blaziken was the only starter that succeeded with a complicated design. And people do not want humanoid starters. I think they need to recreate the simplicity of Gen I and II when it comes to starters.

some will be simple as Torterra or Swampert, but you are right not all starters need to be on 2 feet, but on the other side it makes there movesets shorter,
And if you say "people" then lets make a poll to see how many want and how many dont want humanoid starters.
This gen was said to be simplicity , a nd in gen 1 and 2 , we had four starters that used 2 legs to stay and move on land, and one was winged. Only three starters from gen 1 and 2 moved on 4 legs, Meganium, Venusaur and Typhosion.
I dont say all need to be humanoid, some could use 4 legs too move, but you know what a centaur is? It moves on 4 legs , has humanoid features and I would love a flaming horse head from the chest.

I dont say that four legged are bad, I want self some like a rhino(grass-rock-steel), a elephant(water-spirit), centaur(fire-spirit), maybe puma(grass-rock), jaguar(water-electric)... Game freak is allowed to use this by me) or wolf(grass-ice-steel). Even a gorilla(forest-mountain-rock-grass-steel) on 4 would be nice.
I know there will be a second snake starter, that maybe tricky, maybe a black-red mamba one? I first though about Medusam but a female secondary snake would be problematic with the hair.

I only hope they try first the type combos that were unused(old and new ones) on starters, but not all i dont see a fire/ice till they not solve the weakness problem through stats, moveset and ability somehow.

Last edited:
Aall those places you metioned would never fir in a satisfactory Region.

ah and a water hippo(poison) I gorgot to add.
a mostly cold region would be good for a horse, a rabbit , a Ox fire starter(this one in the warmer side of the region).
Something like in Game of Thrones.
Plus then we may get a medium fast water starter.

Grass dosen't count, since the problem is with fire starters.

whats left? snake(poison for obvious reaseon)?
horse(headless ghost centaur, no unicorn , no pegas)? This two will be probably.
goat/sheep(Satyr,Pan goat creature, fairy), Ox(minotaur, steel) and Rabbit(ground or electric)?
Lets say Rabbit will move like infernape, it also moved on 4 legs like Typholosion.
Ox could also be a bipedal or on 2 legas, because we have alredy two bull like creatures on 4legs(Tauros and Bouffalant).
Goat, lets say after we got Gogoat, do you think they will do a second goat/sheep on 4 legs?
maybe bipedal seeing what became with the Mareep-Ampharos line.
Taking that electric was used, fairy,ghost or steel becomes more likely with it.
-Quetzalcoatl, moved by the rabbit's noble offering, elevated her to the Moon, then lowered her back to "Earth"(ground) and told her, "You may be just a rabbit, but everyone will remember you; there is your image in light, for all people and for all times."
the moon rabbit makes me wonder about a fire/ghost type. This would also relate good with Decidueye.
-"The gods, being somewhat class conscious, were angry that rich and proud Tecciztecatl had to follow humble Nanauatl, threw a rabbit at Tecciztecatl leaving an imprint of the rabbit’s shape and dimming Tecciztecatl’s brightness to the point where he could only be seen at night."
-This one makes me wonder if "light" could mean fire/electric, it would be nice with current rabbits(normal, normal/ground, fairy/steel)
-Al-mi'raj- yellow unicorn rabbit,(only a true witch could beat and harm it, but this would need to be a fire/poison or a type that is weak to the moveset of Delphox)
-white hare and Amaterasu, second spirit association
- jackalope
-Wolpertinger
-Quick the Thunder Rabbit
-light rabbits

the rabbit is a great mystery for now? ground, electric, ghost, poison typing, we will need to wait and see.
After tiger I thinbk sheep ir rabbit are animals weak to "cat" symbol, last was it "canine", before was it "pig", but who knows maybe after prey and predator motives its hard to tell what they will choose.
But taking that they did fighting 3 times in a row, then psychic, and now dark, then next should be fairy(seeing with weakness), then poison or steel afterthe other and then wild cards, that could be ghost or electric.

Last edited:
I'd just like a Fire/Fairy rabbit, since Japan has those myths where Rabbits exist on the moon.

we got a fairy rabbit this generation, But I know how you feel.
But all is posibble, we had repeted animals with part typing.
(But then what speed will it have?rhetorical question)
- "It is interesting to note that the Vietnamese lunar new year replaced the rabbit with a cat in their calendar, as rabbits did not inhabit Vietnam."

Lets hope it will be having a good speed, but with fairy typing it rather will be slow to let the fire/fighting take a breath.
The rabbit often appears in folklore as the trickster archetype, as he uses his cunning to outwit his enemies.
Would this suggest a fire starter with "Pranskter" and "Super Luck"? This way it could relate to the Incineroars dark type.

- Ometotchtli or Two Rabbit, represented fertility, parties, and drunkenness.(poison??)
-Kalulu, is "inevitably described" as a trickster figure
-In Anishinaabe traditional beliefs, held by the Ojibwe and some other Native American peoples, Nanabozho, or Great Rabbit, is an important deity related to the creation of the world.

we got a fairy rabbit this generation
Err... which one? I don't remember any fairy rabbit.

But all is posibble. But then what speed will it have?
Greninja speed tier at the least. It would function as a mixed attacker, with access to some fighting moves like high jump kick. I think if we were to go extreme, I'd give it moongeist beam.

It says something about poor Magearna if everyone (including me) just completely forgets about it :p

We already have so many rabbits though, I'd prefer to see other things, though not sure if we've got much original stuff left in the first place.

It says something about poor Magearna if everyone (including me) just completely forgets about it :p

We already have so many rabbits though, I'd prefer to see other things, though not sure if we've got much original stuff left in the first place.
There are plenty of things that haven't been made into Pokémon yet. Dolphin, peacock, grasshopper, mosquito, cheetah, antelope, flamingo... and these are just common animals I can think of off the top of my head. There's a whole world of plants and other kingdoms that can be explored, so to me, it's a little upsetting when they recycle animals over and over and over. Like cats. The fact that litten became a tiger was the only thing that kept me from being annoyed at another cat. I mean, I get it, people like cats, but give it a rest. There's been one almost every generation. In fact, gen 2 is the only one I can think of that didn't introduce a new cat. As for other things like dogs, I'd actually be fine if they recycled them, as long as they gave us different breeds or whatever. Hopefully they can make some new species into Pokémon though, I was glad to see things this gen like a koala, sea cucumber, and toucan.

omg we don't have a peacock yet indeed, this needs to be fixed asap.

With Grass-type starters mostly being based on animals, it would be nice to have an actual plant-based one this time. Though I'm afraid the starters all being based on animals will stay a thing, they're probably more popular than plants/objects/etc. A grasshopper might work though.

a Peackock would be a nice ice/fairy or ice/psychic pokemon.
Im waiting for a water/steel Sailfish and many other animals(cannon bettle-bug/electric) and objects(clocks, harfs and so on)
Would love to see a rose dragon(grass/dragon) more Pumpkin based pokemon(ghost, grass,bug, dragon), a cactus and grass/fire, more "cloud" based pokemon, moves and abilities.
A grass/water egyptian crocodile with multiscale.
More skeleton and alchemical pokemon, moves and abilities.
(a dragon/ghost skeleton, two legged, winged, with ability immune to special attacks for 3 turns)

Seriously think of two things, there was a tale of the Rabbit and the Turttle race.
And that the light Rabbits are beeing produced in Japan.
We have 2 turtles one is grass/ground Torterra and Blastoise is water.
If we get a rabbit it will be faster then they are.
The Rabbit will respond with both in types, I would say fire/electric rather.
We have Magnet Rise.
Prankster still could be a thing with it- then Magnet Rise and Ground problem is not that bad, Fake Out and other things like Sucker Punch.
(Ps. hope Torcoal or a fire/poison starter gets Baneful Buncker)

Last edited:
It would be cool if we get a tokoloshe Pokemon if they decide the next region is South Africa. It would be Water/Ghost or Water/Dark on account of being a mischievious, water spirit.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom