• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Generation VIII Games Speculation

What do you think will be the basis of the next Region?

• South-East Asia (NOT including Japan)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Rest of Asia (EXCLUDING Japan)

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Japan

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Somewhere in USA

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Somewhere in UK

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Australia

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Somewhere in South Africa/Africa in General

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Somewhere in South America

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Any Other (Post to Tell)

Votes: 13 15.7%

• Total voters
I'd like to see a region based on a former country rather than a current one. It would certainly be surprising, and we all know how Game Freak wants to keep us on our toes lately. So, any ideas for a former country that would fit in the Pokémon World?

ancient Egipt, Rome , Greek?

Those are massive regions tho. It took 4 games for them to finish Japan. That said I can picture new games having regions based on areas close to France. Germany/Spain/Italy probably.

Depends on perspective. They can adjust the size of the region however they like. They made the city of New York into a whole region, whereas entire cities in Japan were merely a small fraction of a region. They could always take those areas, zoom out a bit, and superimpose their region.

ancient Egipt, Rome , Greek?

I was thinking more along the lines of what @Defiant said. Moreover, I'd like a region that's somewhat based on the Roman Empire mixed in with the cultures of today that the space once occupied. Basically, imagine how the Roman Empire would fit into modern times, and you got an interesting new region for the Pokémon World!

Granted, it doesn't have to be based on the Roman Empire: I just want to see how Game Freak would modernize a nation that no longer exists. They've been trying to surprise us lately, and something like modernizing an extinct state would be a welcome surprise in my book!

Yugoslavia or the Soviet union :p
how long did comunistic china ban pokemon?

A game based on Russia would end up on talkling about equality, pokemon rights and democratic right choice....

Those are massive regions tho. It took 4 games for them to finish Japan. That said I can picture new games having regions based on areas close to France. Germany/Spain/Italy probably.

Interesting gen 3, 5 and 7 were based more on america(Mexico,North america, Hawaii, New York), gen 4, 6 and 8 maybe more Europe.
Japan is always in every generation and you know why.

I really would love a more desert, african and Egiptian route.

(ancient times??? ps. Ash travels back in time and needs to find a away home? and starts in a ancient league )

Last edited:
Interesting gen 3, 5 and 7 were based more on america(Mexico,North america, Hawaii, New York), gen 4, 6 and 8 maybe more Europe.
Japan is always in every generation and you know why.

What exactly about Hoenn says Mexico exactly? It's based off one of the Japanese regions, like the other 3 early generations. Unless you're talking about something else and I just didn't get that? And don't NY and Hawaii fall under the NA category anyway?

Also, I don't see how gen 4 can be "more Europe" as well. It's another Japanese region. The only time we've been in Europe is gen 6.

What exactly about Hoenn says Mexico exactly? It's based off one of the Japanese regions, like the other 3 early generations. Unless you're talking about something else and I just didn't get that? And don't NY and Hawaii fall under the NA category anyway?

Also, I don't see how gen 4 can be "more Europe" as well. It's another Japanese region. The only time we've been in Europe is gen 6.

LOl only thing Mexican I could think of in Gen 3 was Ludicolo

I guess he possibly means there are some cultural aspects of those countries and continents in these regions. Like how Spear Pillar has Greek-like columns or how Sootopolis is based on Santorini.

where to start there...
Mexico:
fighting chiken-Blaziken
The axolotl - Swampert
Jesus Christ Lizard(green basilisk lizard)- Sceptile.

generation 4 - Empoleon was based on who???, European motive, many of gen 4 pokes.

where to start there...
Mexico:
fighting chiken-Blaziken
The axolotl - Swampert
Jesus Christ Lizard(green basilisk lizard)- Sceptile.

generation 4 - Empoleon was based on who???, European motive, many of gen 4 pokes.
Ah, you meant specific Pokémon's inspiration. I thought you just meant the region itself, which didn't make much sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

I think what's going to be more interesting than what country they base the region on is how much the region design will improve from 7th gen. The Switch, being a home console, is significantly more powerful than the 3DS and can offer much larger and more detailed regions. So the 8th gen region should be a massive step up from previous regions in terms of size, scale, and detail.

I think what's going to be more interesting than what country they base the region on is how much the region design will improve from 7th gen. The Switch, being a home console, is significantly more powerful than the 3DS and can offer much larger and more detailed regions. So the 8th gen region should be a massive step up from previous regions in terms of size, scale, and detail.

AUSTRALIA. forget having regions based on mere countries. GF should go for the continents! :p

If they made an Australian region, would New Zealand be post game areas to explore? Or should New Zealand be a region on its own?

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom