• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Generation VIII Games Speculation

What do you think will be the basis of the next Region?

• South-East Asia (NOT including Japan)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Rest of Asia (EXCLUDING Japan)

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Japan

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Somewhere in USA

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Somewhere in UK

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Australia

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Somewhere in South Africa/Africa in General

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Somewhere in South America

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Any Other (Post to Tell)

Votes: 13 15.7%

• Total voters
How about apathy vs emotion? Does emotion influence our decisions or would we make better decisions without emotions?

I really like this idea. Heart versus Mind. Logic versus Emotions. I would love to see that really fleshed out and even somehow represented in the rivalry between the legendary mascots. Even more fleshed out than Truth versus Ideals in BW, which I though fell a little flat.

I really like this idea. Heart versus Mind. Logic versus Emotions. I would love to see that really fleshed out and even somehow represented in the rivalry between the legendary mascots. Even more fleshed out than Truth versus Ideals in BW, which I though fell a little flat.
We can have the Compassionate Pokémon and the Logic Pokémon. The Logic Pokémon can be robotic in appearance and the Compassionate Pokémon can be motherly in appearance.

Pokemont Desert and Jungle(III game could be Oasis),
What if a region 60% of it would be half a year a dry desert and the rest of the year 60% would change into a rain forest?

Imagine how people would need to use technology in such a region.
And how pokemon would need to adapt in this changing region through the year, then fire/grass cactus() would be a posibility. Day and night also need to be present after Sun and Moon, not like in previous games that they forgot about it.

1.Heart vs 2.Mind,
1.Bravery vs 2.Logic
makes me think more about 1.Sweapers and 2.Stallers, about
1.action, Priority, power,speed,attack,special, physical
and
2. reaction, counter messures, abilities, strategy, effects, defences

Last edited:
Pokemont Desert and Jungle(III game could be Oasis),
What if a region 60% of it would be half a year a dry desert and the rest of the year 60% would change into a rain forest?

Imagine how people would need to use technology in such a region.
And how pokemon would need to adapt in this changing region through the year, then fire/grass cactus() would be a posibility. Day and night also need to be present after Sun and Moon, not like in previous games that they forgot about it.

1.Heart vs 2.Mind,
1.Bravery vs 2.Logic
makes me think more about 1.Sweapers and 2.Stallers, about
1.action, Priority, power,speed,attack,special, physical
and
2. reaction, counter messures, abilities, strategy, effects, defences

Assuming that Game Freak goes with biomes, I'd play the hell out of a Pokemon Savanna and a Pokemon Tundra.

Pokemon Brave and Pokemon Logic , that could actually be good ones.

Might and Magic, that really should be made into pokemon games by now, with a figthting/fairy legendary

Pokemon CRYO (Cryokinesis) and PYRO(Pyrokinesis)

I want to see the Four Symbols of China as legendaries next gen. They are protectors of the four compass points: the tortoise in the North, the dragon in the east, the fire bird in the south and the white tiger in the west. Instead of there being a trio of main legendaries and then a trio/quartet of lesser legendaries, I would just make these the main and only legendaries.

Each one is associated with an element in the mythology: tortoise with water, tiger with steel, dragon with grass and fire bird with fire. For their types I would make them Water/Ice, Steel/Ghost, Grass/Dragon and Fire/Fairy . Ice because the tortoise represents the north where it's cold and also because it is also associated with black (black warrior) and the void, both of which could link to black ice and the coldness of ice respectively. Grass/Dragon because it's literally just a dragon, it's not very surprising. Fire/Fairy because the phoenix is supposed to represent peace and good fortune (and is often seen as opposite of the the dragon) and we have too many Fire/Flying types so it can differ itself from Ho-oh and Moltres this way. Steel/Ghost for the tiger because the white tiger in this myth is associated with clairvoyance, grave guarding and all sorts of spiritual stuff... and also it's white like a cliche ghost so it fits nicely.

the tortoise in the North, the dragon in the east, the fire bird in the south and the white tiger in the west.

good ideas, but the grass/dragon would not fit in somehow, I would rather want a dragon/steel levitate based and a ice/ghost tiger with heatproof.
Grass/dragon needs rather a physically oriented line, a european rose dragon rather.
The Tortoise , water? really? we had so many turtle and totoise pokemon, water, ground, grass, fire? why not electric/rock? or something other then we had in the past?

good ideas, but the grass/dragon would not fit in somehow, I would rather want a dragon/steel levitate based and a ice/ghost tiger with heatproof.
Grass/dragon needs rather a physically oriented line, a european rose dragon rather.
The Tortoise , water? really? we had so many turtle and totoise pokemon, water, ground, grass, fire? why not electric/rock? or something other then we had in the past?

So you're going to totally ignore the background of the idea and then tell me what would and wouldn't fit it. Are you for real. The tiger is the one associated with Steel in Chinese mythology, not the dragon. The dragon is associated with wood and is literally a Chinese dragon, so how would that not fit Grass/Dragon.

So you're going to totally ignore the background of the idea and then tell me what wouldn't and wouldn't fit it. Are you for real.

not that, I like your idea, but that motive was udes in Digimon.
I also look what we got till now.
Could you tell us more of the abilities and status of these legendaries? physical or special oriented? tiger would rather be physical, what about the rest?

I have been thinking about this for awhile now, and I realized that what I want from the Gen VIII games are for the Pokémon designs to be more wackier and somewhat contradictory. I want Pokémon like a snowman that loves heat and has the ability Flash Flare. I want kid-friendly version of Lovecraftian-style abominations without turning the games into a cosmic horror. Basically, I just want strange, interesting, and fun designs for the Gen VIII Pokémon and even the region as a whole.

I have been thinking about this for awhile now, and I realized that what I want from the Gen VIII games are for the Pokémon designs to be more wackier and somewhat contradictory. I want Pokémon like a snowman that loves heat and has the ability Flash Flare. I want kid-friendly version of Lovecraftian-style abominations without turning the games into a cosmic horror. Basically, I just want strange, interesting, and fun designs for the Gen VIII Pokémon and even the region as a whole.
Do you mean something like this:
A snowman-line that can control fire.

Embrakid (ember + tundra + kid)
Slazeman (sleet/slush + blaze + snowman)

Both are Ice/Fire-type.

ice/fire snowman? could work, but what then with ice/ghost? I wanted a 3 stage line.

seriously a ice/fire japanese monkey needs to hapen with flash fire.

GAMEFREAK, CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A REGION BASED ON INDIA! PRETTY PLEASE! *puppy eyes*

I always saw Island Trials as an Alola-exclusive thing, so maybe we will see Gyms return hopefully with a Dark-type Gym this time around.

Also, I hope they introduce more Pokémon than they did in Gens VI and VII. 70 to 80 new Pokémon just ain't enough for me! Also, can I get a peacock Pokémon? Please...

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom