• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Generation VIII Games Speculation

What do you think will be the basis of the next Region?

• South-East Asia (NOT including Japan)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Rest of Asia (EXCLUDING Japan)

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Japan

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Somewhere in USA

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Somewhere in UK

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Australia

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Somewhere in South Africa/Africa in General

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Somewhere in South America

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Any Other (Post to Tell)

Votes: 13 15.7%

• Total voters
hmm after France(not many new water types), Islands( very many new water types),
the 8 generation region needs to either be a totally ice based(tundra) one or without any water or a small amount of it (desert oriented one).

Taking that in this generation we got very few new ice types, and that in gen VI we got not many water types,
I think an icy region is very posibble.
Could see many new ice types, maybe from 12 to 20,
new fast: ground/ice, ice/grass, ice/steel pokemon,
new ice/dragon, ice/normal, ice/poison mammal and lizard, could see forms

This way the could re-change freeze status and give ice some attention after fairies and dragons got their spotlight.

Last edited:
Somewhere in the UK or Australia could be cool.

India or Africa? or a mix? India has mountains and ice oriented animals species.
Africa has moon mountains, glaciers , The Rwenzori Mountains, that means new ice types too.
After a generation with not many ice types we may get 6 or more new next gen.

we could see a new ice/dragon surviving in heat.
Mount Kenya - Wikipedia
Hyrax? ice rodents?

"Various species of monkeys, several antelopes, tree hyrax, porcupines and some larger animals such as elephant and buffalo all live in the forest.[3] Predators found here include hyena and leopard, and occasionally lion.[3]

There are fewer mammals found at high altitudes on Mount Kenya.[40] The Mount Kenya hyrax and common duiker are able to live here, and are important to the ecosystem. Some smaller mammals, such as the groove-toothed rat, can live here by burrowing into the giant senecios and using their thick stem of dead leaves as insulation.[10] The Mount Kenya mole-rat Tachyoryctes rex occurs at high altitudes, living in visible mounds.[41] Leopards are resident in the alpine zone.

Other mammal species are only occasional visitors. Remains of elephants, monkeys and bongo have been found high in the alpine zone,[40] and other sightings are remembered in names such as Simba Tarn (simba means lion in Swahili).[25]

Several bird species live in the Afro-alpine zone, including sunbirds, alpine chats and starlings and the raptors, augur buzzard, lammergeier and Verreaux's eagle, the latter of which specializes in hunting hyraxes. Birds are important in this ecosystem as pollinators." ==== Ice flying pokemon???

Mount Kilimanjaro - Wikipedia

Large animals are rare on Kilimanjaro and are more frequent in the forests and lower parts of the mountain. Elephants and Cape buffaloes are among the animals that can be potentially hazardous to trekkers. Bushbucks, chameleons, dik-diks, duikers, mongooses, sunbirds, and warthogs have been reported as well. Zebras and hyenas have sporadically been observed on the Shira plateau.[82]

Specific species associated with the mountain include the Kilimanjaro shrew[83] and the chameleon Kinyongia tavetana.[84]

Alolans Sandshrews could also be in the next region??? Kilimanjaro shrew? that would be nice to see both sandshrew form in the next region.

Ice plants of africa? new ice/grass pokemon species? Mesembryanthemum crystallinum, a member of the fig-marigold family (Aizoaceae)

There are the last Wolves of Ethiopia.(new grass type candidate)

If they do a South African region, the Kruger Wild Park can be an actual Safari Zone. Also, the starters can be a water African elephant, a grass giraffe and a fire and electric cheetah.

I want them to take their time to implement a large amount of species-related content in Gen 8. I mean this is what this franchise is all about: the monsters!

- 85 new species (that's a given)
- 8 new baby Pokemon for existing species (mostly standalones)
- 10 new regular evolutions to Pokemon who are in dire need for one (Lumineon, Komala or Girafarig for example)
- 4 new split evolutions (Dragonite comes to mind, and also Spritzee needs a flamingo/plague doctor inspired split evo, and of course Eevee)
- 12 new regional variants
- 16 new Mega evolutions (Froslass & Slowking are a must)

that makes 119 new species plus the ME, leaving room for a few legendaries/mythicals making this a nice Hoenn sized Generation.

One can dream right?

My guess would be somewhere in Europe. I know we had Kalos a generation ago, but there are a lot of options in Europe that would allow for unique experiences such as Germany, Italy, Spain, or some of the less well-known countries like Switzerland or Austria.

I voted for a Japanese region again because I sorta wish the next gen to take place in more than a region (like Gen II). Since the Shikoku island's forgotten up until now, GF could go for there and in middle game (or post, just mentioned middle as to be something different) you have to go to Kanto (or Jouto) to procede the story. Idk, doing something plot-related or... For a gym? (or whatever they use) Imagine having to challenge an old one? Gen 8 Badge number 5 is from Natsume or Erika or even Green?
I'd really like it.

hmm after France(not many new water types), Islands( very many new water types),
the 8 generation region needs to either be a totally ice based(tundra) one or without any water or a small amount of it (desert oriented one).

Taking that in this generation we got very few new ice types, and that in gen VI we got not many water types,
I think an icy region is very posibble.
Could see many new ice types, maybe from 12 to 20,
new fast: ground/ice, ice/grass, ice/steel pokemon,
new ice/dragon, ice/normal, ice/poison mammal and lizard, could see forms

This way the could re-change freeze status and give ice some attention after fairies and dragons got their spotlight.
yeah. I would LOVE australia. And I don't live there btw

I would love to see a region based on a colder place. Sinnoh does have a cooler climate than the other 6 , but I would still like to see more cold regions, as we have at least two warmer ones. Colder climate would mean clothes like scarves and coats, which I think would be cool (ha). A good place to base this of would be Scandinavia (but then it might also just be me wanting to see my home in a pokémon game). Greenland and Canada might also work. The Ice typing could also use some more attention, as mentioned before :p

I would love to see a region based on a colder place. Sinnoh does have a cooler climate than the other 6 , but I would still like to see more cold regions, as we have at least two warmer ones. Colder climate would mean clothes like scarves and coats, which I think would be cool (ha). A good place to base this of would be Scandinavia (but then it might also just be me wanting to see my home in a pokémon game). Greenland and Canada might also work. The Ice typing could also use some more attention, as mentioned before :p

Totally agreed. A colder climate with more snow, mountains, tundra, taiga, snowy forests, blah blah etc. would be awesome after the tropical Alola in Gen VII. Being located around Norway, Sweden, and/or Finland would be really nice. More Ice type Pokemon; coats, scarves, suits, jackets, boots, sweaters for customization options, etc. Platinum Sinnoh was nice, but I'd like something more extreme and more region-wide.

It would also be nice thematically if they paired this northern region with a Emotion vs. Logic theme - with Logic being represented by cold, cool, and calculating (perhaps with an Ice type legendary mascot) while Emotion is the fiery heart and warm fire in the cabin that gets you through the blizzard (perhaps with a Fire type mascot). Idk lol, sounds nice to me.

I hope they create us some humanoid pokemons with hunter motive maybe based on:

-Kraven the Hunter (Marvel)
-Angor Rot (Troll hunters)
-troll hunter Jake Lake(Troll Hunters)
-Predator (alien movies series with Arnold Schwarzeneger)

with traping, priority moves, shields, could poison and stall or attack first with fake out or other priority moves.
But would need a new ability for the Hunt.

could be fighting, fairy, steel.

would be cool to have something like that in a desert warm region, a jungle, or even a tundra and cold one.

I would love a colder region. Ice types need more love!

Last edited:
Yeah, I rather have pokeride than HMs any day, plus HMs are just annoying and frustrating.
This. PokeRide is sooooo much better and also more fun, it doesnt take up moveslots on Pokemon and team slots for HM slaves too and is so convenient and easy. I think removing it and going back would honestly be a huge mistake... Im gonna be really angry if they remove it.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom