• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Generation VIII Remake Speculation

Leaf_Ranger

For Nature & Creatures
Reaction score
Yes, you've read it correctly and why not?

Since the original games were so great, a huge technical leap from previous games that pushed the limits of the Nintendo Switch, included tons of extra content, managed to present us with all new and vibrant Pkmn models, made a region where people, Pkmn, nature and concrete roads mingled and interacted with each other naturally and sold like bottled water I must admit that certainly a remake will be in GF's plans.

Besides, it's not like it hasn't been that long since the original releases because let's face it, a year without a new Pkmn game is just like a year without an Assassin's Creed game and we all know that there must always be one (or two, since they're paired, just like the Sith).

Taking that into consideration, what are your ideas to improve on a game that judging by sales it's a masterpiece and the bestest Pkmn game ever?

My main suggestion is to turn the whole region into a wild area where the weather can change randomly at any time, where we can control the camera and where the Dynamax phenomenon and energy erupted from beneath the entire region (due to Rose's actions and not just in power spots) and so the balance between Pkmn and human communities is at constant risk in a near apocalypse scenario, where villages and cities are walled. The protagonist has vowed to capture the Gigantamax Pkmn after one of them brings about the destruction of his hometown and the death of their mother (perhaps eaten by a Pikachu that could say its name and dress like a human or a Charizard) and in order to accomplish that the protagonist joins a military unit while the two rivals join other two units (Red, Blue and Yellow houses (wink wink Gen. I).

Since GF will most certainly be having both its A and B internal teams busy with the sequel to yet another one of their great games - Ultra Little Town Hero - I believe that the production should be handled by the Konami staff that developed Metal Gear Survive.

Cheers.

This is way too early as the remakes could have come out after the Gen VII remakes and its going to take years. Konami also wouldn't be interested in Pokemon.

If SwSh were a masterpiece, no would even think about remakes 15+ years before they could possibly be relevant. This thread only exists for people to point out flaws, but there was a thread like this one for the DLC.

SwSh's sales are shameful. We should all tone down our expectations for a good while.

There was a thread like this just a few weeks ago... Is it really that fun to discuss remakes that are 15+ years away and could very well have nothing new judging from BDSP?

There was a thread like this just a few weeks ago... Is it really that fun to discuss remakes that are 15+ years away and could very well have nothing new judging from BDSP?
Searching with the titles gave me nothing, so I thought there wasn't a thread like this already. Could you give me a link to it?
EDIT: found it as gen VIII remakes.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom