• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Genesect and the Legend Awakened to premiere on Cartoon Network Oct. ...

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Genesect and the Legend Awakened to premiere on Cartoon Network Oct. ...

The English title of the sixteenth Pokémon movie has been revealed to be Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened. A sneak preview of Pokémon the Series: XY will air after the movie.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score
So the interesting difference between the dub and the Japanese version is that in the Japanese version it wasn't know what Mega Mewtwo was (on the official site it actually said that it was Mewtwo's Awakened Form), whereas in the dub we know it is its Mega Evolution; the press release even mentions that it is Mega Mewtwo. This may actually make the movie change significantly.

Also of note is that the city is constantly referred to as "a big city", indicating that New Tork City doesn't have a dub name.

Furthermore, Pokémon the Series: XY premieres TWO DAYS after the Japanese airing. That has got to be the smallest original/dub gap ever (excluding The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon).

And calling a season "Pokémon the Series: XY" is just confusing.

Last edited:
Under the Rainbow
Reaction score
Now that the movie dub is confirmed to air after X&Y's release, I wonder if the associated Pokémon distributions, Red Genesect and/or Mewtwo, will still be brought over?

Reaction score
Furthermore, Pokémon the Series: XY premieres TWO DAYS after the Japanese airing. That has got to be the smallest original/dub gap ever (excluding The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon).
Wait... WHAT?! Friggin' seriously? Are they gonna do the whole series that way, or just the premier? Geez, I didn't think that was even possible. I guess they really are taking this whole simultaneous worldwide launch thing seriously, huh.

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score
Wait... WHAT?! Friggin' seriously? Are they gonna do the whole series that way, or just the premier? Geez, I didn't think that was even possible. I guess they really are taking this whole simultaneous worldwide launch thing seriously, huh.
It's specifically just a sneak peek, so we won't get the rest of the season then.

Reaction score
Oh, i guessed as much. But even if it's just two episodes, it's still pretty amazing that they're able to get it out so close to the Japanese airing.

On the subject of the movie, I heard it's a different Mewtwo in this one then the one in the previous movie and tv special. But does he still talk like the other one, though? I'm mainly wondering cuz i heard that the guy who played him in the first movie sadly passed away, and his replacement for the tv special is apparently retired. If this new Mewtwo does talk, I'm wondering who they'll cast as him.

Reaction score
It's not a season, though. That's one year worth of episodes. This will be the whole 3-4 year saga, most likely with season-specific subtitles added later on.

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score
This will be the whole 3-4 year saga, most likely with season-specific subtitles added later on.
That will be awfully long. Imagine this:

Pokémon The Series: XY - Adventures in Kalos and Beyond, for example. <_>

Reaction score
Somehow I just knew that the sixteenth film would eventually get an English release. To answer your question Morgil, I'm pretty sure that this Mewtwo is capable of speaking via telepathy, judging from what I've seen. Now then, I wonder how the X and Y season will be received compared to the Best Wishes season? Oh, well. Guess I'll find out in the near future...

Reaction score
Somehow I just knew that the sixteenth film would eventually get an English release.
They've all gotten english releases. I don't see why this one wouldn't. Now, if you meant they'd push the movie's airing up to coincide with the release of XY...

Silent in the trees.
Reaction score
I was hoping the English dub for the 16th movie would air soon cause it makes it more likely to get the Red Genescet or so I hope. Though since Gen VI will be out by then, I'm only about 50% hopeful.

I poke your snoot
Reaction score
I hope they don't call the show "Pokémon the Series" from now on, just an XY thing.

Statistical Anomaly
Reaction score
This probably won't happen due to the (assumed) rights expiration, but it'd be awesome if they could show the First Movie/Mewtwo Returns the day/weekend before. We can dream, can't we?

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score
It's not a season, though. That's one year worth of episodes. This will be the whole 3-4 year saga, most likely with season-specific subtitles added later on.
Actually, it is a season
Pokémon fans in the U.S. can catch the debut of Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened, starring the extremely powerful Red Genesect and Mega Mewtwo, followed by a sneak peek of the newest season of the Pokémon animated series, Pokémon the Series: XY. The brand-new season is set in the world introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y and features Pokémon making their animation debut like Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie.

Reaction score
SnorlaxMonster, may I ask where did you get the Movie 16 English posters?

Reaction score
I do wonder who they'll cast for Genesect. If they get Frank Welker to voice Red, that would be flat out AWESOME!!!

Reaction score
Actually, it is a season
Pokémon fans in the U.S. can catch the debut of Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened, starring the extremely powerful Red Genesect and Mega Mewtwo, followed by a sneak peek of the newest season of the Pokémon animated series, Pokémon the Series: XY. The brand-new season is set in the world introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y and features Pokémon making their animation debut like Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie.
Still, the "the Series" title will likely carry over to the next couple seasons.