• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Genesect and the Legend Awakened to premiere on Cartoon Network Oct. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Genesect and the Legend Awakened to premiere on Cartoon Network Oct. ...

The English title of the sixteenth Pokémon movie has been revealed to be Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened. A sneak preview of Pokémon the Series: XY will air after the movie.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
So the interesting difference between the dub and the Japanese version is that in the Japanese version it wasn't know what Mega Mewtwo was (on the official site it actually said that it was Mewtwo's Awakened Form), whereas in the dub we know it is its Mega Evolution; the press release even mentions that it is Mega Mewtwo. This may actually make the movie change significantly.

Also of note is that the city is constantly referred to as "a big city", indicating that New Tork City doesn't have a dub name.

Furthermore, Pokémon the Series: XY premieres TWO DAYS after the Japanese airing. That has got to be the smallest original/dub gap ever (excluding The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon).

And calling a season "Pokémon the Series: XY" is just confusing.

Last edited:
Furthermore, Pokémon the Series: XY premieres TWO DAYS after the Japanese airing. That has got to be the smallest original/dub gap ever (excluding The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon).
Wait... WHAT?! Friggin' seriously? Are they gonna do the whole series that way, or just the premier? Geez, I didn't think that was even possible. I guess they really are taking this whole simultaneous worldwide launch thing seriously, huh.

Wait... WHAT?! Friggin' seriously? Are they gonna do the whole series that way, or just the premier? Geez, I didn't think that was even possible. I guess they really are taking this whole simultaneous worldwide launch thing seriously, huh.

It's specifically just a sneak peek, so we won't get the rest of the season then.

Oh, i guessed as much. But even if it's just two episodes, it's still pretty amazing that they're able to get it out so close to the Japanese airing.

On the subject of the movie, I heard it's a different Mewtwo in this one then the one in the previous movie and tv special. But does he still talk like the other one, though? I'm mainly wondering cuz i heard that the guy who played him in the first movie sadly passed away, and his replacement for the tv special is apparently retired. If this new Mewtwo does talk, I'm wondering who they'll cast as him.

It's not a season, though. That's one year worth of episodes. This will be the whole 3-4 year saga, most likely with season-specific subtitles added later on.

This will be the whole 3-4 year saga, most likely with season-specific subtitles added later on.
That will be awfully long. Imagine this:

Pokémon The Series: XY - Adventures in Kalos and Beyond, for example. <_>

Somehow I just knew that the sixteenth film would eventually get an English release. To answer your question Morgil, I'm pretty sure that this Mewtwo is capable of speaking via telepathy, judging from what I've seen. Now then, I wonder how the X and Y season will be received compared to the Best Wishes season? Oh, well. Guess I'll find out in the near future...

Somehow I just knew that the sixteenth film would eventually get an English release.

They've all gotten english releases. I don't see why this one wouldn't. Now, if you meant they'd push the movie's airing up to coincide with the release of XY...

I was hoping the English dub for the 16th movie would air soon cause it makes it more likely to get the Red Genescet or so I hope. Though since Gen VI will be out by then, I'm only about 50% hopeful.

I hope they don't call the show "Pokémon the Series" from now on, just an XY thing.

This probably won't happen due to the (assumed) rights expiration, but it'd be awesome if they could show the First Movie/Mewtwo Returns the day/weekend before. We can dream, can't we?

It's not a season, though. That's one year worth of episodes. This will be the whole 3-4 year saga, most likely with season-specific subtitles added later on.

Actually, it is a season
Pokémon fans in the U.S. can catch the debut of Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened, starring the extremely powerful Red Genesect and Mega Mewtwo, followed by a sneak peek of the newest season of the Pokémon animated series, Pokémon the Series: XY. The brand-new season is set in the world introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y and features Pokémon making their animation debut like Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie.

SnorlaxMonster, may I ask where did you get the Movie 16 English posters?

I do wonder who they'll cast for Genesect. If they get Frank Welker to voice Red, that would be flat out AWESOME!!!

Actually, it is a season
Pokémon fans in the U.S. can catch the debut of Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened, starring the extremely powerful Red Genesect and Mega Mewtwo, followed by a sneak peek of the newest season of the Pokémon animated series, Pokémon the Series: XY. The brand-new season is set in the world introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y and features Pokémon making their animation debut like Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie.

Still, the "the Series" title will likely carry over to the next couple seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom