• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect availa

......already? Coolio, but I want a Meloetta first, please. Besides, she comes BEFORE Genesect in the Dex

Re: Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect availa

And now there's incentive to pick up the games within a set period of time (and really push early sales). Came out of left field but well played.

It's a good marketing idea. Kids love legendaries and plowing through the game, and this will give 'em both.

Cool. I won't use Genesect for my in game team, but this is nice!

Anyone else find it weird that the official site hasn't had any updates on this? It's been on here and Serebii for a while, and the ad itself links to the official Black/White 2 page, but it is still promoting the Keldeo distribution.
That being said, I'm pretty pumped, but at the same time I'm pretty confused as well as to why they're skipping Meloetta. It'll be very strange having a hole in the Pokedex with no "official" pokemon even announced

Anyone else find it weird that the official site hasn't had any updates on this? It's been on here and Serebii for a while, and the ad itself links to the official Black/White 2 page, but it is still promoting the Keldeo distribution.
That being said, I'm pretty pumped, but at the same time I'm pretty confused as well as to why they're skipping Meloetta. It'll be very strange having a hole in the Pokedex with no "official" pokemon even announced

I noticed that too. I wouldn't have known myself if I didn't see the ad when browsing GameFaqs. Jumped to here for confirmation.

Meloetta comes before Genesect. Meloetta's event has got to begin sooner if not on B2W2's release day.
You're exaggerating; the Pokédex order doesn't matter the slightest bit. They're just waiting for Meloetta to become relevant to the dub before they distribute it. Even in Japan Meloetta was distributed almost a month after B2W2's release; the difference is that Genesect's Wi-Fi distribution is going to start as soon as possible, which is a reasonable strategy.

Did you really have say something like that? I mean geez, I thought we were all fellow Pokemon fans here. Teeboy was just saying what he thought was right. And, it's true. Meloetta does come before Genesect. I get why they would want to distribute Genesect on B2W2's launch day. But they need to at the very least, reveal Meloetta first. But if Genessect distribution begins before Meloetta's, it will be weird either way.

Meloetta can wait his turn, dude. D8 I have a legit Japanese Keldeo and Meloetta already, but no Genesect yet. It would be awesome to have Genesect on the day B2W2 come stateside. I mean, think, Meloetta doesn't show up in the dub until much later on, yes? Distributing him now wouldn't mean anything; they have to wait for the right moment to release him.

That much later..........is next month.

Did you really have say something like that? I mean geez, I thought we were all fellow Pokemon fans here. Teeboy was just saying what he thought was right.
And I said what I think is right, which is that a temporary Pokédex gap isn't a real problem. I merely noted that he was exaggerating when he said that Meloetta had to be unlocked before B2W2's release date.

Last edited:

I'm just happy not having to go to a store for it.

Calm down, guys. So we haven't had Meloetta yet. Don't worry, that'll come later. I'm just annoyed that the Genesect event is Wi-Fi, but the Keldeo one was in-store. I mean, why can't the Keldeo event be Wi-Fi too? Having it be an in-store event makes it a hundred times harder to get.
^ This.

I'm sure Meloetta is coming. It's just going to be a bit longer than we had originally thought. And I agree with you on the Keldeo event; my hubby thought it was kinda brain dead to have Keldeo at a store rather than release it to Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi would have been a lot faster and easier, as it's a twenty minute drive to the local Gamestop from where I live. At least I don't have to worry about that with Genesect.

id rather see a meloetta event. not because i dont like genesect or anything, but because when i played through black, i went to the liberty garden as soon as i could. i caught victini, and it became a central part of my team throughout my playthrough. i would love them to do that again, rather than give me a lv. 50 or lv. 100 pokemon that wont listen to me till the end, and that i wont want to use by then because it wouldnt be as fun. Id want to see a catchable legendary i could use on my team. i can see meloetta as a catchable lv. 15, but genesect i can only see at lv. 50 or 100

Like others have said, the order of the distributions is a bit odd. That being said, I am so stoked for this. Genesect is the last pokemon I need to have every pokemon completely legit. He will also complete my legendary set that I plan to move from game to game/gen to gen.

I'd like an English Meloetta to replace my Japanese one, all in good time I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom