• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Genesect's creation?

Master Yiseeks

The One True Carry
Reaction score
I have to say that Genesect is one of my favorite Legendaries, but I've always wondered how close it was to Team Plasma. I know that Team Plasma revived and modified it, but why? A backup plan for Ghetsis, maybe? And what was it before? Some people say it was a Kabutops, but if you read one of Genesects entries it says that Team Plasma only modified the cannon, meaning he always had it!

Like the "Original Dragon", I'm sure whatever Pokémon Genesect was will never make an appearance, and never be disclosed.

As to why he was created, maybe Team Palsma were experimenting on random Pokémon in order to perfect their power to control Pokémon, as it was Ghetsis's goal to rule the world with them; having a Genesect will surely help him in his goal, but Ghetsis went ahead with his plans before the testing on Genesect could be completed, so it was discarded by Team Plasma.

Genesect always just seemed like the writers trying once again to try to be like first gen. I don't think they really thought Genesect through, they just put him in even though it doesn't really make any sense.

modified cousin of Kabutops, maybe? I mean, if they truly modified Kabutops, Genesect would still have blade arms...

Genesect is technically a robot, operated by computer systems (NOT that Porygon). Scientist Dudley continued developing it despite N ignored to show his talent. It is actually modified by Team Plasma, by plucking the "soul" of a fossil, putting it into the operating system of this robot. So this is why I think it's a robot.

I don't think Genesect was ever important to Team Plasma. It seems like it was just that one scientist who wanted to make one, with N cancelling the project as soon as he noticed it. Of course, we'll probably find out in M16.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom