• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yun

Our World Is Worth Fighting For
Reaction score
@Kana-chan @Lone_Garurumon @Princess Leia Organa @Vanellope Von Schweetz @Moana @WolfOwl @Kamen_Fanatic @Snow White @Naoto

Days always started in the same way; the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, and the creatures of the Earth get ready for the day. At least, that's how the day usually went for most. The most exciting things are just altercations one would get into with another person.

Yes, the daytime was never truly eventful.

Now, the night? That was a far more interesting time.

It was nighttime in a tiny part of the world - some outskirts around a city in America that no one really paid attention to. All that stood there was a rather large stone building, long abandoned with rusted doors, obscured by the trees of some defunct park.

But, the place had history that was set to be made. And, like all historical events, it needed participants.

Every individual touched by the mysterious power would find their day changed. When they entered a doorway, turned a corner, or exited a room, they would find themselves standing within the park. The origin of their arrival was the stone building; some might come from behind it, others through one of its many doors.

(OOC: A TL;DR of what's happening; your character will go somewhere wherever they are and end up in the park.)

--

Kalyani stretched in her seat, letting out a huff. Statistics were easy enough to deal with; the subject was never truly difficult to her. Becoming an actuary required that you be comfortable with mathematical rigor.

Still, it was a bit late, and she was thoroughly bored. Her game system was still on in the background, and that definitely provided a distraction she didn't need.

"Coffee," she muttered to herself. She stood to her feet, padding her way toward her kitchen. When she entered however, and turned on the light, she found her surroundings to be... different. There was no light switch, no light, no kitchen. No house.

Just a park.

"Wha... whaaaaa...?" She said looking around. "Bu-whaat?!" She started to look around frantically. Where in the hell was she?

Tina had just finished with a bout with a training bag, throwing everything she had in the tank to try and ruin the bag.

Once she was sure her power training was done, she grabbed her duffel bag that she often overstuff and went to the showers.

Only to find a park instead of the bathrooms.

Delilah was yawning as she was heading to bed. She was on vacation in Ireland. Well, partially vacation and partially connecting with family she hadn't met before. Ireland was unlike her home back in the United States. It was somewhat of a culture shock in some aspects, but she grew to enjoy most of them. She was overly paranoid of being in foreign places though, so she grabbed her bow and two arrows as she went to the bathroom. Except, the bathroom ended up being a park.

"Okay, did I just suddenly die?" she asked herself.

Xin herself had finished with her classes for the most part on the other side of the world, the university student stepping out of her room into what would be the hallway of an empty house along the coast of China. Instead, the casually-dressed third-year was greeted by the extremely unfamiliar sight of a quaint park, the chilly night air making her shiver in a loose tee and rolled-up jeans (which only served to make her extremely thin frame even more apparent). She had no shoes on, and the grass below her feet made her aware of the fact. She said nothing, trying to take in her surroundings without going into panic mode.

Kalyani turned to the people who just came. "Um... excuse me! Do you know where this is?" She called out to them. Hopefully they weren't hoodlums.

"Your guess is as good as mine," Delilah replied back to Kalyani, "I was just heading to the bathroom before bed, and well...this isn't the bathroom...am I dead?"

"Dead?! No... I don't," Kalyani looked around the area once more. She had just appeared in it as well... did that mean she was dead? "Oh gods, I'm not dead am I?"

Hopper gave a yawn as he walked the streets of early morning Russia. It had been a busy night for him and he was exhausted. Of course it could be worse he guessed. He could be stationed somewhere like boring New York. Moscow was much better and much more beautiful. Of course it wasn't hard for him to find it as less than New York considering cleanliness alone. Regardless of where he was, he was tired and couldn't wait to lay down in his bed and why the hell was he suddenly in a park? With a pinch he quickly discovered it was not a dream. "Aliens," he decided loud enough for anyone to hear.

April Russo was in the middle of a busy shift as a barista in New York City; it was a lot of hard work. Oddly specific orders, impatient customers... it was annoying. However, it was nothing out of the ordinary for April. She dealt with this kind of stuff everyday. With her short, brown hair tied back and out of her face, she continued to write names on cups, make drinks, and exchange money. All with that ugly green apron and visor.

"Hey!" one of her co-workers exclaimed. "We're out of caramel syrup! Go get some more, will you April?"

With a sigh, the young woman made her way into the back room. However, this was definitely not a backroom. It was a park.

"What..." she muttered to herself, clearly disoriented. "What type of crap did they slip into my coffee?"

Last edited:
Barry Benson found himself where he was most alive. The race track. He liked nothing more than going as fast as his car could take him. And with the kinds of engines found in race cars these days... there was no wonder that there was no thrill like it. Barry was smiling brightly as he stepped out of his car, leaving it for the pit crew.

"Good times Barry." He heard a voice from behind him. One of the track officials. "You might get the pole this time."

Barry's smile widened. "Well shucks y'all. I just like goin' fast." He said sheepishly as he took off his black helmet, revealing a boyish face, dark eyes and wavy black hair. "I reckon I better rehydrate." With this, Barry made his way to the locker room, only pausing to grab a bottle of water. But instead of the locker room, he opened a door and ended up in a park.

He froze. This wasn't the locker room. And he was still in his black and yellow racing gear, helmet in hand. He saw a group of people. "Well howdy y'all!" He called out to them. "Sorry to trouble ya, but I seem to have lost my way."

Kalyani looked to Barry and then April. "I think... we've all lost our way. Um... do any of you know where this is?"

"What the fuck," April only said, clearly stunned. "I'm definitely not dreaming this. Oh..... my god, oh my god."

Xin gave Barry a quizzical look. She then realized that all, if not most, were speaking English. She sifted through her knowledge of the language, then finally opened her mouth in a taciturn response.

"That much should be obvious," the nineteen year-old murmured, popping her neck. "I was halfway across the world thirty seconds ago. My professors will be very cross with me if I don't make it to class tomorrow."

"I don't think I died. I didn't crash the car." Barry said quietly, the wheels in his head slowly turning. "I was entering the locker room... and the door that usually led there took me here. Don't know why though." He was clearly befuddled by it all.

April let out a dry laugh. "Well, my boss will kill me if I don't get back to work," she muttered, glancing down at her uniform.

"I know I'm not dead. I may have been exhausted but I was alert enough. I just hope that if we get sent back that this doesn't take too long. It'll definitely affect my job and screw me out of getting stationed somewhere like Greece or Italy," Hopper sighed woefully.

Carlos let out a light yawn as he sat behind the counter of a pizzeria in Spain, his face bored as he looked around at the empty place. Putting a pizzeria in the middle of a large plaza filled with different types of restaurants didn't seem like a good idea, but at least it allowed him to have quiet days. He quickly stood up, stretching out his limbs. "Jefe, voy a salir por un rato!' he called out as he stepped out of the counter and began making his way out of the restaurant.

Except that when he did he suddenly found himself in a strange park, it was night and he was surrounded by a strange group of people, they all seemed foreign to him to boot. "Que?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom