• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yun

Our World Is Worth Fighting For
Reaction score
@Alolan Ninetales @Hanzo in Plain Sight @Prez @Flaze @Akame @WolfOwl @HeroicSociopath

The city was rather bustling tonight. Being a Friday, people were out and about, ready to take the night by storm and have fun until the wee hours. Seeing people walking in and out of places was common at this time.

This was the kind of atmosphere that was needed for the meeting. The Summit was an event hosted by the magical 'nobles' of the world - people from all over, affiliated with the families of prestige and/or affluence were brought into one place to discuss things concerning the state of the magical communities.

Getting them all together was easy enough - it was a building built with lots of open area around it. This area, simply called the courtyard, was where most of the guests stayed to mingle. They would find many things there to do, including mingle with others.

Those whom were versed in their family's status, however, either sat directly in the meeting or simply stood within the building while the various families spoke with one another.

----------------------------------------
Winter was one such person who had sat in for a bit. However, the conversation seemed to be going nowhere, and thus she exited the building to go out to the courtyard.

There were a lot of people there - dozens of families and their members were in attendance tonight. She made an effort to chat up some people, but a lot of them seemed a bit noncommittal with anyone other than their own friends or family members.

Hopefully there would be someone to speak with to pass the time here.

___

OOC: You can have your character be where they want in the courtyard, doing as they please. If you want them in the meeting, I'll have a post set up that kinda reveals why the meeting is taking place and you can have them do what you wish there.

I'd recommend staying outside though, lol. More action there.

Last edited:
Yun herself had also been rather disinterested by the ongoing conversation inside, so she had been keeping to herself in the courtyard. She glanced upwards, wondering if she could just get away from the oppressive atmosphere for five minutes. Or a day. Or maybe ten years.

Social gatherings were such a drag anyways.

~

Kotori was leaning against the wall outside, crossing her arms over her cloaked chest. The hooded girl had an owl perched upon her shoulder, surveying the area, then turned its head to Kotori. She huffed, letting out a pent-up breath.

"I know, I know. This kind of thing is mandatory, though." The young girl spoke to the eagle owl, unmoving in her posture. "I can't just up and leave, Licht. Where's your brother, anyway?"

The eagle owl gave some avian form of a shrug. Kotori sighed in exasperation.

Elle was at the Courtyard, sitting on a bench. She had her 'burnt' colored corgi, Beau in her lap. He was wearing a solid black sweater, so he looked more formal at least. She was content not talking to many people, but would talk to them if they stopped to compliment her dog. She would rather he have the spotlight anyways.

Victor yawned a bit as he made his way through the courtyard, looking around at the people that had gathered. He wasn't used to these type of gatherings, well not gatherings of the families at least. He always had a hard time getting along with such people, most of them stuck to what they knew. The other issue was that he didn't want to enter the meeting either, not like anyone expected to see him anyway.

"This place does look pretty though," he said to himself as he walked some more, noticing a someone someone sitting with a Corgi not too far away. Victor smiled at this as he walked over towards the girl. "Hey, that's a really cute dog you got there," he greeted her, glancing at the dog and smiling at it. "What's it's name-if you don't mind me asking that is."

Elle looked up to the man as she saw him admire Beau.

"Thank you," she replied politely, "His name is Beau."

Felicity was not in this meeting. She was nearby, yes, but instead, she was simply enjoying a moonlit stroll with her Dachshund, Twix.

Summer loved the night. Some would say too much for a girl who was kissed by fire. But the truth was that night was when the flames were most beautiful. And it was the same with Summer. On nights like this one, she thought back to the events years ago that had set her on her course.

She was free, some would say too free. Summer was a force of nature just like the inferno that she commanded. But at times one would wonder if she commanded the fire... Or if it controlled her. Because she had danced with the devil in the pale moonlight many times over the years and she never felt the need to regret.

She was on the outskirts of the meeting. Her family had once been a noble one with influence... But when your power was fire... Self destruction was all too common. And so it was with the Laflammes... Summer was the last of them and she had no plans to pass on the family name or genetics. And because of that, such meetings held little meaning to her and nobody at these meetings felt that she was of any concern. She came because she had to. No more and no less.

In the meeting, the discussion was starting to become more and more heated by the second. The topic was the proverbial elephant in the room; the upcoming day that the treaty within the magical community was to run out. Many fought to keep the treaty active - it seemed like the most logical course of action, after all.

However, there were a number of those who were decidedly against maintaining the treaty. For their own reasons, they preferred the separation of the families.

While it was a mature atmosphere, one could clearly feel the presence of extreme tension.

----

Winter had taken a stroll, herself. When she saw Felicity walking her dog, obviously a part of this whole shindig but most likely sticking on her own, she decided it might be worth trying to talk to her. What's the worst that could happen, right?

"Walking your dog during an event, huh?" She asked, walking beside her. "Kind of a weird way to spend it."

"No, he's a gentleman and he's a handsome boy," Elle commented with a smile, "You can pet him if you want."

Summer listened to the discussion from the fringes out of curiosity and nothing else. It struck her as odd that other families would want to let the treaty expire. She could only imagine the chaos and war that would ensue if it did. Personally, she didn't care either way because she held no skin in the game. She was alone and a wanderer of the wilds and nothing that would be decided in this meeting would change that. It was the blessing of being the last member of a now minor family: she had the freedom to live how she wanted, with no expectations or responsibility.

Last edited:
As it turned out, Lichts owly brother was sitting in on the meeting, thus giving Kotori a set of eyes and ears for inside while she was present in the courtyard.

She and Licht however were growing bored of doing nothing. Licht glanced around, and with his eyes, the young girl decided to make her way to Summer, hoping a conversation would lessen the boredom.

"Um... hey, pretty boring meeting, right?" Licht was internally facepalming. He had forgotten how socially awkward his master was.

As the meeting continued, there was a very noticeable shift in the tone. What started as a mostly peaceful debate on the merits of the treaty, a single line was uttered that made the room go silent.

"And what of those whom are tired of being trampled by the upper crust?"

Then, there was a tumult of voices and yelling. People yelled words like 'demagogue' and 'fear-monger', and it seemed that overall, the discussion was getting nowhere fast.

Then, they were quickly silenced by the tapping of a stave; one wielded by a male sitting in a chair at the head of the room.

The Merlin, the leader of the council, simply regarded all of the occupants of the room with a cursory glance. However, it was more than enough to get the point across: 'silence yourselves or be silenced'.

Summer looked over at the girl and nodded. "I'm only here because I have to be..." She cut herself off when Merlin silenced the entire room with a single action. "Now is when it gets good little one." She mused with a bright smile.

"In the centuries I've been alive, I have seen countless wars between beings of all kinds." Merlin stated. "Light and darkness are opposed because they are of equal threat to one another. Chaos and Law do battle because they represent extremes."

He stared at all of them for a moment. "Never before have I seen individuals willing to start wars over mere words. You act not as nobles, but as petulant children," he said. "If you wish to dissolve the treaty, you will do so with an intent greater than that of your sensibilities. Until then, do yourselves a favor and remember whom you sit in the presence of," he pointed his stave upward.

On the balconies of the building sat four statues: those of Hecate, Isis, Odin, and Ryujin. The patrons of magical power, whom the magical communities tended to owe their strength to.

"I suppose so," Kotori nodded, deciding not to comment on the 'little one' remark. "You may call me Kotori. May I ask your name?"

Lumi ruffled his feathers, seeming rather spooked by Merlin's words. The owl remained silent however, piercing blood-orange irises observing the meeting ever watchful.

Licht preened his feathers, the eagle owl examining Summer curiously.

Summer nodded. "Summer." She said with a smile. "It's nice to meet you Kotori..." She paused for a moment. "And your familiar... I'm not sure if he likes me or not." She chuckled as she looked back at the meeting. "You know, it's funny... it seems as if those who want to tear up the treaty just want to burn it all down." She mused, perhaps louder than intended. "And I would know firsthand how that goes... not well I'd say... not well."

Kotori nodded at this. "Honestly, they're hardly nobles at all. Acting so childish like that, makes me want to knock some sense into them.. And don't mind Licht. He and his brother are my eyes for the world, so to speak." She stroked one of the owl's fluffed wings, to which he squawked in protest. "Just a big softie, if you ask me."

Felicity perked up upon being spoken to. Odd. "I got no interest in sitting with those suits," she simply answered. "I see you're out too."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom