• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gentlemen...

GastlyGibus

World's worst critic
Reaction score
Well, hello! Thank you for dropping by. I am GastlyGibus. Even though it's plainly obvious, I am a Pokemon fan. I got into Pokemon when I was around 10 years old (just like the games OMG) although I was a little late, as the first Pokemon game I ever played was Pokemon Sapphire. I've never played the original Red/Blue or Gold/Silver, but I've played the remakes which has to count for something!

But anyways, I'm a regular college kid now, except I'm working full-time and going to school part-time, and playing Video Games in what spare time I have. I like to write, though I've never actually put anything out there for the world to see, usually only showing my friends or family. I love music, more listening to it than playing, as unfortunately my university does not have a music program (lame). I can play the Saxophone (officially, as I've taken lessons) and Drums (unofficially, as I am self taught on those) and I have a little music theory tucked away somewhere in my head.

It's been a while since I've actively participated in a message board, so hopefully I will actually get involved here. Hope to make friends, post some stuff, and just have fun!

Maybe as much fun as this dancing banana! --> :banana:
He's clearly having a blast.

Hello to you! I'm new here too, but I think I enjoy to welcome-assault new members, also you're the first one I see to have written so much (I always screw up with introductions, duh... )-- however, nice to hear of someone who started playing with the third generation games, in fact I started with Leaf Green. So, are you playing X/Y too? :)
Ps. Cool thing playing the Saxophone! I used to play the clarinet when I was younger, I kinda liked it but I stopped because I was, uh, lazy.

I got Pokemon Y on release day, and it's just blowing me away at every opportunity. I love the balance between the different generations of Pokemon (like finding a Pidgey in the same location as a Bunnelby) and the 3D models just make the battles seem more intense. I love it!

Also, good to know I'm not the only child deprived of the classic Pokemon games. My parents used to be really strict with Video Games when I was a lad, but they eventually eased up and I convinced them to let me play Pokemon. By the time that happened, the 3rd generation was the newest one, so I just picked up on that. Sapphire was and always will be my favorite Pokemon game. I almost completed the Hoenn Pokedex too! (I think all I needed was Ludicolo and Groudon.)

Last edited:
Hey, welcome to BMGF :)

Shame you weren't able to play some of the older games but everyone starts out sometime and the remakes are sometimes better than the originals IMO. Perhaps there will even be a remake of Sapphire eventually(hoping so) It seems like you have a lot of interests and if you'd like to post any of your writing Fanfiction Fairground is the place to do so :) Im sure you'll make a lot of friends here and hope you have a great time.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom