• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Geo Strata Tourney *Start-Up*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity Storm

Summoner of Lightning
Reaction score
A few months ago, in an area near Mt.Coronet in Sinnoh, construction began on what appeared to be a massive complex. It was unknown to most who was funding it, and more importantly why he was having it built.

A few weeks ago, construction was finally completed. The complex, dubbed the Geo Strata Complex, contains semi-artificial adaptations of most of the enviroments of the world in its many arenas. It contains Tundra, Pond, Mountainous,Swamp, Volcanic, Forest, Grassland, Desert, and Urban battle fields in it.

Its owner, now revealed to be James Sovner, has sent invitations to many top trainers from all over, including in other regions, to attend his grand tournament, which is to take place at this very complex.

James Sovner stood outside the Geo Strata Complex, waiting for the tournament entrants to arrive. Today was the day that the Geo Strata Tourney would begin...

_

Jett was walking up to the complex, his Luxray, Spectrum, walking beside him. He was eager to get the tournament started so he decided to let his Dragonite, Sky, out of her pokeball and ride her to the tournament instead.

He returned Spectrum, and then climbed onto the back of his Dragonite, who then took off, flying through the air towards the complex.

Last edited:
Tyler Lane looked down from the air towards the Complex while his Wargle, Blade sped up through the sky. "I can see it now Blade," he smiled as he adjusted his white colored goggles so that he could see better. After travelling for a long time he had finally reached the Geo Strata Complex the place wher he would finally be able to test his own skills.

Adrock Steelson arrived on his Charizard, landing in front of the main entrance. Adrock thought "It's kinda weird being in a non Pokemon League tournament without ever watching one. It's like writing writing a book when you hate reading. And this place is huge. It's so weird. Wait this could be trap! Maybe I should look at my invite again. Hell I bet there is even a Pokemon league logo". Adrock pulled the wrinkly invitation out of the left lower zippered pocket of his jacket. "Nice and safe! It so rad this thing has zippers" he said aloud as he proceeded to reread his invite.

Aaron winced and shielded his eyes as a large flying Pokemon displaced a huge dust cloud with its wings. As the dust settled he looked around in amazement. "Wow, Bulk! Check out all these people!" he said to the large, green dinosaur-like Pokemon behind him. "Haven't seen such a large crowd since the Unova League!" The Tyranitar roared in agreement, then stomped his foot impatiently, eager for the fighting to start. Bulk was Aaron's powerhouse and one of his favorite Pokemon,as well as the only team member other than Auron the Lucario that Aaron considered a permanent part of his team. Bulk was always up for a fight, especially a tournament. Aaron and Bulk burst through the large front doors of the Geo Strata complex, marveling at he sparkling metal, the bustling hallways, and the huge TV monitors that were showing a news report on the tournament. He looked around and found a sign for the competitor registration desk. A woman in a red suit took his invite and read it, then said in a bored tone, as if it were a rehearsed speech that had been repeated over and over to the competitors, "Aaron Swift, Unova Region Champion runner-up, nine time tournament finalist. Welcome to the beautiful Geo Strata complex. We have replications of all major battlefield terrains, rooms for battlers to stay in for the duration of the tournament, and a multitude of food establishments. Battlers are given a pass to stay in a room and eat at any restaurant sponsored by James Sovner for free. Here's your pass and a map to your room." Aaron snatched the laminated card from her hand and ran inn the direction he thought his room was in, eager to set down his stuff and start practicing his battling skills. He skidded to a halt as the attendant called out, "Your room is the other way!", his face turning red with embarrassment. He turned the other way and ran off.

Last edited:
Keitaro reached a soft landing at the entrance to the complex, his Skarmory gently touching down, kicking up hardly any dust. "Return, Iron," he said, his thin mouth stretching into a slight grin as he recalled the Flying-type. It had been a year since he last participated in a tournament, and he was excited. He noticed another boy with his Charizard, and nodded to acknowledge his presence. Keitaro reached to his earpiece and adjusted it. The music was calming. He tightened his headband and began walking inside.

"This thing is written more like an invitation to one of my dad crappy parties than a business invite" the Steelson child snapped as he looked at the invite. The invite was written by James Sovner rather than a organization. "First paragraph: him being a suck-up. Second paragraph: him bragging about how he is gathering the top trainers and how cool this complex is. Third paragraph: directions. NO info about rules. NO wavers to send back in advance. NO info about how many people are competing and watching or where to buy tickets or whether or not this is open to the public. It's unprofessional I tell you."

Adrock was still in disbelief that a non Pokemon League tournament can be as big as one. He went to the registration desk and registered. Completely not shocking to trainer he had to sign a waver. It revealed that the tournament was being televised after all. The young man was still not trusting of Sovner and read the waver for anything suspicious. He gave up after fifty seconds. He then put his pass and map in the same pocket as his invite and took a contractible staff out of the opposite pocket. He dropped of his luggage in his room and left to talk to other competitors after spending seven minutes of his life(which he will never get back mind you) search his room for trap invisible or otherwise using his staff.

He saw a familiar black hair face running to his room. Adrock thought "This guy seems familiar I'll strike up a chat with him first! He may know more then I do."

"Where are going in such a hurry. Someone may get the jump on you if you don't watch out" Adrock said to Aaron.

OOC: @Glory Blaze talking to you just wanna let you know.

Last edited:
Aaron jumped and spun around, a Poke Ball already in hand. He visibly relaxed when he saw it was another battler. "Jeez, don't do that!" he said. "Almost fave me a heart attack.

Aaron inspected the newcomer, and noticed something familiar about him. "Have I seen you at one of my tournaments?" he asked. "Aaron Swift, by the way." he added, and stuck out his hand.

Camille got off of a ferry in front of the Geo Strata complex. Her Roserade was walking next to her. "Here we are." Camille said. "Let's give it our all." Roserade nodded, observing everything silently. They went in and approached the registration desk.

Adrock shook Aaron's hand. "Adrock Steelson. Wait! Now I remember. You got 2nd last Unova League. I was there ...but I wasn't competing. I was watching with my family after I got 4th in the Sinnoh league. l was in the sponsors skybox. My father was actually the one who gave you your prize money. I should give some more money. I won killing betting on you. That's where you saw me! I was at the betting station with my dad and brother. So if you want a cut you can give me your Paypal account."

Last edited:
"Um... Ok, nice to meet you. And, thanks but no thanks." Aaron eased his hand out of Adrock's and began to slowly back away. "I'll see you in the tournament!" he said, then turned around and made a run for it. He slid his room key through the card-slot in the door, slipped inside, slammed it shut, and locked it behind him. "Weirdo..." he muttered under his breath.

Keitaro noticed a girl with a Roserade walk in behind him, along with many other potential challengers. The red-clad woman eyed him and gave the same monotonous greeting. She handed him some paperwork to fill out, which he did hastily. He was aware that more and more Trainers were piling in by the minute. "This'll be a long tournament..." he thought, quietly taking his room card with just a warm nod to the receptionist. He began walking to his room, pocketing the keycard mid-stride.

Tyler landed in front of the complex before jumping off and returning his Braviary. He took a deep breath before lifting up his goggles. He hadn't been in a tournament before and being the first person to participate in this kind of tournament was getting him pumped up. He grabbed a hold of his starp backpack before entering the complex; smiling as the cameras and reporters turned to look at another newcomer. Once he got over to the registration desk and after hearing the lady talk with her boring and in a way insulting tone he grabbed the card to his room. "Boy she could at least smile," Tyler chuckled as he turned around before walking; knowing that the lady had heard that comment.

"Idiot!" Adrock snapped "He's afraid of me but he's not afraid of Sovner. I told him not to run and he did. Aaron Swift more like Aaron TWIT!". Adrock felt like someone spit on the grave of one of his loved ones when Aaron ran. The wealthy Steelson child spent a lot of time away from his fortune which was why he was so eager to share it. This time he spent in training with Kain Shin a former champion who takes on apprentices Kain Shin taught Adrock many things that made him a better trainer one of them was good attention to detail regarding sight. Adrock was able to see which room Aaron ran into. The proud apprentice walked over, pulled out his staff, bang on the door with it and barked "What I tell you about running tosser?! You don't know what you're getting into. Oh yeah and although I won akilling betting on you I won five betting against you. Keep in mind that I bet on you for multiple matches sooooooooo you do the math". Now although he was mad he knew he had to find at least one ally before the day's end if there is a conspiracy. Adrock put on his previous happy face and continued to look for friends and information.

"Hello?" Eliot asks, entering the complex. "Can somebody perchance give me directions?" He asks, passing a creepy kid with a staff, giving him a wide berth. Evan Eliot could tell Adrock was a nutjob.

"Ah, such a beauty!" Eliot says, going to register. "Why so glum? A smile is the best thing you can wear."

Jett and Sky stopped and landed outside of the arena, and Jett returned the Dragonite to her Ultra Ball before walking in, Spectrum once again by his side. He walked to the desk to recieve his information packet but had to wait as there was another person in front of him.

Adrock came to a shocking realization. He realized that he told his master about the tournament and his master told him to win it meaning his master had no suspicion so neither should he. He felt like a bad guest for having his guard up so he put away his staff and approached Tyler. He said "Hey buddy what you know about the tournament rules? I assume there won't be a screening because the sent out invites so they already have a set number of combatants, but there is no way of knowing or making sure that everyone's coming. Sorry if this is random but really looking for a second opinion."

Keitaro had almost left the main lobby when a familiar face caught his eye. Looking at Adrock this time, he recognized him. Being timid but definitely not rude, he approached the other boy. "Hey, you," he said flatly, with a slight German accent. "I remember you from the Sinnoh League. You came in a place ahead of me, didn't you?"

Tyler yawned before turning around to look at the guy that had talked to him. "Rules?" Tyler raised an eyebrow while scratching the back of his head. "I think they just said that they'll be picking us randomly and have us fight in different feels, or at least that's what I can remember right now."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom