• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

BULBAPEDIA: Geodude's Japanese name

Nitro Indigo

Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
Bulbapedia spells it as Isitsubete, but the Pokémon Quiz TV show in X and Y spells it as Ishitsubete. Should this be changed?

abcboy

Editing Bulbapedia
Reaction score
It's spelled "Isitsubute" on merchandise:

The translators for X and Y had to deviate from the official romanized name in order to clearly state that the "si/shi" in "Isitsubute/Ishitsubute" is pronounced "shee" and not "see".

Nil

Reaction score
I wonder if that's a typo in the Romanization - there aren't distinct si and shi characters in japanese, there's just shi (シ in katakana).

Whilst シ can be romanised as either shi or si, it seems odd that they'd print the box as "Takeshi & Isitsubute"

abcboy

Editing Bulbapedia
Reaction score
They always romanize タケシ as "Takeshi" and イシツブテ as "Isitsubute" on all merchandise, it's not a one-off typo.