• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ghost Encounters

BloodSphere

Reaction score
Hey guys was wondering if any one here ever have had the misfortune of encountering a spirit / ghost. If so what was your experience and did it had a major impact on your life till this day ..

Also do you guys believe in the supernatural and life after death or you think its just in our imagination?.. So tell us what you guys think of this and let us hear your encounters and story's that you have had in your life x3..

dfjbbr.jpg

I've never had a paranormal or otherworldly encounter, no. In all honestly, I definitely wouldn't count it as a misfortune if I did. I've spent most of my childhood believing in the paranormal; wanting any kinda sign that I wasn't dumb in believing they existed. Obviously, I know I'd probably be shit scared if I did see a ghost. No one can say "if I saw a ghost I wouldn't be afraid", I don't think. I'm just saying I'd count it as more of an amazing thing than a misfortune.

But yes, I believe in the paranormal/supernatural. I have all my life, and have no intention of stopping until I'm proved wrong. ^^; I don't exactly want to become a "ghost hunter", or whatever, I think that's a tad silly. If they're there, then they're there for a reason, we shouldn't mess with them. I also don't believe they're harmful in any way.

As for life after death, being religious, yes, I believe in that. I don't believe it as most other people in my religion do, though, in fact I'd say my view is widely different.

... I feel childish now. ^^;

I hugely believe in the afterlife yes. n_n For me...I just simply don't think that after we die, we just vanish out of existence or anything like that. I feel that our souls have to rest in peace someplace.

But to answer the question directly, no, I've never really come into contact with any form of afterlife...MAYBE once, but I feel like I couldn't really confirm whether or not it was a spirit...I'd feel kinda embarrassed to share the story about that, anyway. xD;

I don't really believe in the afterlife or the paranormal but it does fascinate me. I love documentaries, movies and shows about it. I've never had a paranormal experience myself, i'd be quite excited if I did, probably more so than scared. My mum has a few stories of stuff that has happened to her but she's like me, it fascinates her but she doesn't believe it really. I'd be very interested in hearing about other people's experiences though.

I am not religious, to be honest I do not really like religions.
But I am very spiritual, and used to search a lot about it, and understand about other religions and theories. Somehow it fascinated me.
I believe in life after death and reincarnation. But I dont believe in these ghosts shapes style horror movie.
And I already did past life regression. If someone wants to ask anything, feel free. I'm just too lazy to write it all here.

About ghosts, I already had some experiences. One was through psychography. When my grandmother died, I was never really attached to her, but my sister was devastated and went to a medium. It was long ago, I was little, about 11.
When a medium comes into contact with a spirit, he always need to give some proof that the spirit is the same, and that he isnt lyung. It can be something that only you and the dead one knew.
So in the letter the spirit said that remembered fondly when my sister was small and "stole" the candy on the beach house, and runned out.
She said she was fine where she was, and that there, in the other side she was in a kind of hospital recovering, from some emotional things. That all the pain she felt she no longer feels. And it was not for us to worry about it (her passing away and death in general) , that this was part of the process. At the end she signed with her nickname because she hated being called by name. And we never said to the medium the nickname of our grandmother.
So i really believe it was her.

Anyway, my position, I'm super against it. I think unnecessary, if the person died, go in peace. lol
So, I'm writing here more to share this experience and to discuss it as well. If you think bullshit, okay.

I never see a ghost, or something paranormal, I'm a very common person! D= I don't believe in life after death, but I hope this happening.

Wow idk this thread is exist.

Ive never actually see a real ghost. But once when I'm 7 years old, iirc, I was have high fever and unconsious, later my family said that I was possesed and try to run away from home and ate stones. I have no memmory about that momment.

My family fron my mother side seems have kind of 'power'. My grandfather was a shaman that usually just made medicine from plants on borneo but, some people said he had magic.

My mother and father also once saw directly that my uncle possesed and started mumbling in language he usually couldn't speak. My father happened to understand the language and the spirit told my father about lots of things about the family future, etc.

My uncle's older son also claimed that sometimes, he could see something scary.

On my high school, there is a boy with autism. I didnt related too much with him but my friends who were happened to be on same elementary school with him told us that he was bullied alot during elementary and once he really scared/frustrated and triggered a poltergeist.

Just several weeks ago, on a vacation in an island, on of my cousin, who also my shaman granpa's granchild but not my possesed uncle son, claimed he saw a woman with a whole dark eyes. He was really scared and run away as fast as possible...

I've never seen a ghost before. As for believing in ghosts or life after death, I'm not sure. However, one day, my aunt called my mom with a story. I don't remember it exactly, but I think it was something like that: one day, while she was at home, her boss called her in the phone. However, the name shown was the name of one of her dead grandparents, even though the number itself was that of her boss. She said that she should've taken a photo because no one was going to believe her. However, my mom believed her, because she's not the type to play, especially with things like that. I can't say if I believe it myself though.

One time I heard someone opening a door and knocking over something in the living room.
I had just gotten home from school, so nobody else was there. At first I kinda tought it was a ghost.

Turns out it was my dog...

Either way: I don't believe in ghost, but I still get chills when people talk about haunted buildings and such...

I don't believe in the supernatural, but everyone in my house firmly insists there are ghosts in the house and the only way to stop them is to put guardian angel statues over our doors. They're not even that spiritual, normally, so it's odd they firmly insist on that. Honestly, I think its just our dogs doing all the damage, but who can really know?

No ghost encounters on my behalf, and I can't say for sure I believe in them, but there was a time that I was really tempted to explore an old abandoned hotel in the previous town I used to live in. It was said to house the spirit of a woman who was murdered there on a Halloween night. The place always gave me the creeps, and I remember taking a walk one evening and when I looked into one of the windows that didn't have a board covering it up, I saw some movement in there along with a human shadow. Then again, the sun was still out and it could have been someone who owns the building or even a squatter, but knowing the history of that place, it gave me chills. After that, I didn't even bother to go into that building, mostly because I'm afraid of any people who would be there rather than any ghosts.

I guess that's my closest thing to a ghost encounter. ^^;

I'm a huge believer in the paranormal, always have been and always will. I have actually had a few encounters myself. I totally understand if people don't believe me, but here goes nothing:

- I was home alone one day, sitting on the couch reading a book.
I'll give you a basic description of the area of the house I was in as this is an important part to the story. The house we live in is only small and the kitchen and lounge-room are connected together. There is a door leading from the kitchen area that leads into the bathroom. In the bathroom, right next to that door on the left-hand side is another door which leads into a spare bedroom (which I now live in). The couch I was sitting on faces that bathroom door, and both doors were open at the time giving me a clear look inside both rooms.
Anyway, so I look up from the book to take a break from reading and look straight into the bathroom. For the first few seconds it's clear, but then all of sudden this pitch black figure walks (well, actually hovers) out from one end of the bathroom, passes in front of the bathroom door and then goes into the spare bedroom. This all happened in a matter of seconds. Now, this wasn't the usual "look out of the corner of your eye and think you see a shadow" kinda thing. I was actually looking straight at this thing and it was clear as day. I even remember exactly what it looked like. It was like a Dementor (probably spelt that wrong, sorry) from Harry Potter, except it was blob-ish and had no visible arms.
I sat there on the couch for a few more minutes, unsure if I should get up just incase it heard me. I was scared shitless, but I tried to remain as quiet and calm as possible. A few moments later I ran outside into the front yard, locked the front door and sat on a log for about 30 minutes or so, until my mum finally arrived home. I was so glad to see her.
I've never seen anything shadow-like in my house since, except for some out of the corner of my eye.
- Before I moved into the spare room I mentioned above, I shared a room with my sister which was on the opposite end of the house. At this time (around 7 years ago) my bed was parallel with the door, and my sisters bed was on that wall, right next to the door.
One night I woke up since it was a hot night (in the middle of Summer) and I was going to kick my covers off. I notice this slightly greenish glow around the room and turned myself around, since I was facing the wall. I was now turned towards the door.
I ended up finding the source of the glow. Right in the middle of the room was this bright glowing ball of light. It just sat there, not making any movements or sound whatsoever. Obviously I almost shat myself when I saw this since I thought someone had entered our room and was shining a torch on us. The odd this is that we always had our door locked from the inside, since my sister gets scared by the room that ours leads off, and I was sure that I had locked it before going to bed.
So I dive under my covers, hoping that the intruder though I'd gone back to sleep (really stupid, I know), and stayed still. After a few seconds I decided to create a little hole in the covers to peek out off so I could see who this person was. Upon peeking I discovered something. There was no one in the room, other than my sister and I. I looked for someone standing behind the ball of light. Nothing. It was floating by it's self, and I had no clue what the hell it was now. Of course I was now even more scared than before. I layed there under the covers, so scared I was almost crying. Within about an hour I decided to peek out again. It was morning and there was no glowing ball in sight. I must have went to sleep or something. I saw the door, it was still locked.
I ended up running out to my mum, who was in the kitchen, and told here what happened. She said it may have been my Guardian Angel since it didn't try to harm me. I'm not a Religious person, so I didn't really believe this, but I knew it was something paranormal.
I saw it once again but it has not returned since.

Now some smaller incidents.

- When my sister and I slept on bunk beds, I felt a hand grab my foot and tug it, since my foot was hanging over the side of the bed. It felt like a child's hand. I don't sleep with the covers off my feet anymore…
- I sometimes hear footsteps pacing through the house, mostly in the kitchen area. My sister was sleeping on the lounge for a few nights about 2 months ago. Suddenly she stopped doing it and came back into her bed. I asked her why. She complained that she could here footsteps slowly coming towards her from one end of the kitchen. It doesn't help that that corner is pitch black at night.
- I visited Monte Cristo homestead, one of Australia's most haunted locations, a few years ago. In one area of the house (the most haunted area in fact) both my mum and I got this huge cold pain up our backs that didn't leave us until we left that area. It also felt a bit like cold hands pushing on our lower back.

I've got many more stories, and loads from other family members as well, including my sister (who actually used to talk to a ghost at night) and my mum (who lived in a haunted house up in Sutton Forest), but I think my post is waayyy to long already so I'll have to save them for another day.

Well I do remember one time when I was little I thought I saw a shadow figure move across my room, of course I was half asleep so everything was blurry, but it still scared the crap out of me. Other times though I would hear weird noises in the hall like soft knockings on the wall, when my dog was still alive she'd growl at the noises when she heard them and it was freaky because her fur would bristle up and just go crazy. Sometimes I will sleep under the covers still when I hear noises lol, I get paranoid so easily.

So I don't know if my encounters were paranormal or not, but I do believe in ghosts and other supernatural things.

I had gone to my country house with my ex girlfriend and three friends. It's huge, but no one goes much to the farm. When arrived, we decided to take a look inside the house, but was without light and water. No one had a flashlight so we left the car pointing to the windows and turned on the car headlights. The floor is wood so squeaked a lot. We opened the windows to illuminate it in.

We're just talking and walking around the room when the cousin of my girlfriend said he heard a noise.
We thought he just wanted to scare us, then we all heard the noise. It was the same noise that the ground did when we walked on it. "It must be the noise of the home crackling" It seemed steps, on the roof. No one could tell where it came from. Then we heard the sound again, three steps and suddenly stopped. We begin to suspect that someone was in the house.

We started to search for someone in the house while a friend stayed looking at the window. He suddenly entered the house running and screaming "there is someone in the car!" When he said this, I felt my blood cool. But we conclude that the car battery had erased. A few seconds later the car headlight went out.

My girlfriend and I went to see what had happened and I was almost crying.
Even with eyes accustomed to the darkness, I could see anything, just a darker shade that I expected to be the car, only the car.

When I arrived , I opened the door and the inner light was on. I found this odd, since if the battery was over, the light inside the car shouldn't on. Then I felt that shiver up the spine. Although the car is unlocked, we didn't hear the alarm announce that the door opened neither closed, how anyone would be able to turn on the light without opening the door?

And before I could figure out what was going on, the rest of the guys ran out of the house, screaming in terror. They practically threw themselves into the car and started yelling for me to lock the doors and drive away. I asked what had happened, and they said that while we were in the car, they heard more footsteps and breathing noise. They then saw a figure of a person but it seems that when I turned on the light the creature was frightened and went back to the kitchen.

My mother got mad because I didn't close the house, and no one was found there. The lack of light was explained by the fact that the circuit breaker was off. But nothing explains the rest.

Who wants to be spooped? I have many tales so hence to say ghosts are something I'm terrified of and it annoys me when people say 'If I saw a ghost I'd try to befriend them or talk to them!' No you won't, you'll shit yourself. I'll split up some of the encounters myself and my family have had and they will be placed under the spoilers.

It was a rabbit hutch of a house but we had little choice living there.
One night, when I was 11, I was playing Pokemon late into the night and went to put my DS on charge that was near the door. I looked out into the hallway and straight at the landing and at first I thought it was my dad's white dressing gown but it was in the middle of the landing and nowhere near the door. It was floating and slightly see-through but there were no feet. It must have spotted me because it lifted its arms up and started coming towards me where I promptly slammed the door and hid under my covers and tried to go to sleep so it wouldn't get me. Bit illogical since ghosts can apparently go through walls but I never saw the creepy shit ever again. Was also terrifying when I found out my dad's dressing gown was in my parents room and not hanging on the spare room's door.

This place was horrifying as hell and the house was only built in the 90s, no idea what the fuck went on there unless it was built on top of something. My parents think a barn was there considering everything that's gone on and the attire the ghosts have worn.
I owned 2 dogs at the time, the eldest one who never showed aggression would constantly snarl, rowl and viciously bark at the stairs and especially the landing; my youngest dog, who is still with me, never wanted to go up the stairs and would bark frantically at the landing. We'd constantly see dark shadows scuttling about up and down the stairs no matter the time of day.

And now for the poltergeist part. My Dad was mostly the victim of this such as whenever he made a pot of tea the teapot would always go missing and end up in obscure places (like in a cupboard, under the sink and in the living room). It was really odd. Some of my toys and my DS would randomly be put in places and my DS went missing for a good few days to end up where I last left it, on my bedside table.
The most terrifying of all though was when I was getting a drink and I picked up my glass to walk out the kitchen and as I did so I felt a rush of cold wind and the bottom of my glass just came off and fell on the floor. The glass looked as though it had been cleanly cut so it terrified me.

This one is one my Mum had experienced. She heard some chattering in the bedroom and awoke to 2 men in farmer's gear holding pint glasses and resting their arms on a cabinet, they saw her and smiled and lifted a glass to her, she then got my Dad up and he saw them and when he did they then vanished.

The first is when my Mum's Nan died. My parents went to go and visit her but they knew something was up since the curtains were still drawn. My Mum then found her Nan in her bed but she was cold and had sadly passed away. Her teapot was still warm so it had obviously just happened. My Mum was distraught and ran into the garden, my Dad then followed and tried comforting her. Then they both saw her Nan walk out of the house, into the garden and then fade away. My Mum found it creepy but oddly calming.

Next is something neither of my parents can explain. When they were driving to Wales for their honeymoon they were driving through a narrow walled lane where a speeding coach came at them. They both screamed as they had no where to go (it was a single car lane) so they closed their eyes and when they opened them the coach was passing through the car, they could see everyone in it and then the coach continued past them. To this day they have no idea what this was, a space lapse or a ghost coach, we'll never know but it was certainly real.

There's plenty of other encounters myself and my family have had, if anyone wants me to share more I'll gladly do so.
My family is pretty weird: myself, my parents, my Dad's parents, my Dad's uncle and my Dad's Mum's mother have all had some kind of encounter. It seems to run in my Dad's side but with my mum also has had it.

I do believe in life after death, I believe we leave to another dimension when we die (not just humans, living creatures with a conscious like cats, dogs and even mice go here too) and that's what the paranormal is. Ghosts are when there's a lapse in our dimensions and they meet. I don't believe in reincarnation at all but I do think we can be more in tune to someone's memories since their memories leave to that dimension.

There's plenty of other encounters myself and my family have had, if anyone wants me to share more I'll gladly do so.
My family is pretty weird: myself, my parents, my Dad's parents, my Dad's uncle and my Dad's Mum's mother have all had some kind of encounter. It seems to run in my Dad's side but with my mum also has had it.

I've got many more stories, and loads from other family members as well, including my sister (who actually used to talk to a ghost at night) and my mum (who lived in a haunted house up in Sutton Forest), but I think my post is waayyy to long already so I'll have to save them for another day.

I would like to know more about your experiences, is really exciting read horror stories

I would like to know more about your experiences, is really exciting read horror stories
Glad you asked because I just remembered one from one of my primary schools .-.

Not overly sure on this one, it may have just been my mind playing tricks of me because of all the ghost stories (you know how kids are!) I was about 9 and everyone was terrified of the toilets. No one would ever go in alone. People would report about shadows, toilets flushing when no one was in there, sniffing and a girl crying. A friend said he once saw the water turn red but I think he was lying. The legend was that a girl was knitting on a bench that stood where the school was then built on, but she was murdered by her father.
I frequently heard sniffing in there, but I thought it was just an air freshiner but I could never find it... However one day I went in there without a friend and a stall was closed, but not locked, but then opened and I saw a brief shadow there.

Of course I'm a bit skeptical of this story due to children's active imagination and the door may have just opened because of the wind and I imagined the shadow because of what had happened. But it doesn't explain the origin and all the reports of the sightings in the toilets.

When I was about 10 I lived in a small bungalow but it was pretty close to a graveyard. Neighbours reported weird stuff happening and we'd sometimes see shadows. Again a poltergeist was here and would piss about dinner wear and teapots and put them in stupid places.

However one day my mum awoke to hearing the TV. She then went into the living room but the light was on, the sofa which had a recliner was up and there was an indent in the sofa as if someone was sitting in it and the TV was on a channel that we never watched. As she went to push the recliner back down the indent suddenly went. She turned everything off, creeped out and went back to bed but was sure she had turned everything off and it doesn't explain how the TV was on a channel we never use. Though it was a pretty popular one .-.

And with that, I wish myself luck with sleeping.

As you wish :D

Today I'll be talking about my mum's experiences as I find them really interesting. In the early 90's she brought a house in Sutton Forest, New South Wales.
This house was located on a large block of land which also had a larger mansion-ish house built on it. In the early 1900s this mansion was occupied by a wealthy family. The smaller house that my mother lived in was home to the gatekeeper of the property, and also his family.

Here are some links to images of the houses that I found on google:
The Gatekeeper's house - The one that my mum lived in.
The Mansion/Large house
Obviously both homes have been done-up since my mum moved out, and the gatekeepers home is now used as a honeymoon holiday house kinda thing.

Now for a bit of backstory on the gatekeeper and his home. He had a wife and 2 daughters, one a few years older than the other. While giving birth to the second child, his wife died, therefore leaving him alone to look after his two daughters. Over a course of years the gatekeeper grew more and more saddened by his wife's death. Eventually he had had enough and killed both of his daughters, and then took his own life not long after.
I know you think I'm making this shit up, but trust me this is what happened. How did my mum find out you ask? By reading books on the history of the area.
Anyway I'm sure that really bored you, so I'll get on with the experiences now. I'll try my best to do them in the order my mum said they happened.

EVENTS - PART 1

Event 1: As soon as my mum moved into the house she new something was off about it. She felt like she was constantly being watched, the upper floor of the house was deathly cold, and it just had an overall eerie feeling to it.
Event 2: Her first actual experience. One day she was in the kitchen baking treats for a bakery she worked at. While cooking she heard a girl just outside the front door (keep in mind it was right next to the kitchen) laughing and singing, and playing what sounded like hopscotch, as she could here a stone being thrown. So my mum opens up the door to see who the hell it was, only to find nothing. Obviously she is a bit weirded out but continues doing her cooking. Then she hears it again. Opens the door. Nothing. Starts cooking, hears it again. Opens the door….. you get the point. Eventually she just ignored it and after about an hour it just went way.
She also said that this same thing happened to her numerous times.
Event 3: My mum had just come home from work and found their cat, Oscar, in the lounge-room. She decided to put him outside for the night, so she took him to the front door and let him out. After doing that she made her way into the kitchen and upon entering she found Oscar, perched up on the sink with a look on his face like "WTF just happened?" My mum was also shocked. She had only just let him out and she was positive that she had locked all the windows and doors previously, so she went around house and re-checked them . Yep, all locked tight. What makes this experience even weirder is, like I said before, the door is literally only a few feet from the kitchen, a quick 2 second walk. If Oscar did happen to have sneaked back through the front door she would have seen him for sure.
Event 4: My mum decided to walk up to the mansion one day. Like the gatekeeper's house, this mansion also had a very creepy, feels-like-your-being-watched feeling to it. Anyway while looking inside the house she saw things moving around. People. This was mostly seen in the upper stories of the house where she could see, very clearly, people staring down at her from the window. She can't remember what exactly they looked like, but she can remember than one of them was a woman. Keep in mind that his mansion hadn't been entered in years and the owners of the property (who lived in Sydney at the time) had the only known key to the house.
Also it's worth noting that this wasn't a one-time-only experience, every time she visited the mansion she would see these people.
Event 5: Also takes place near the mansion. On the first day she visited it she noticed a massive bird avairy near the back of mansion, in the backyard basically. In this avairy were over healthy 200 budgies, some fluttering around and others perched on the bars of the cage. Mum found this odd as no one ever visited the mansion, and the owners would only come down every few months. So how were these birds so healthy?
She gave them some seed and told everyone else to come up and have a look (I probably should have mentioned this before but her sister, her sister's daughter, and a friend of hers were also living with her in the same house. Whoops, well now you know I guess) to make sure she wasn't imagining them. Nope, everyone else saw them to and they were just as puzzled. Eventually everyone shrugged it off.
A couple of weeks later the owners of the property came out to see how things were going, and that's when mum remembered to budgies. After talking about the budgies, the owners looked at her confused and said "We don't have any budgies. That avairy hasn't been used in years and years". Of course my mum tried to convince the owner that their were budgies in there, so instead of talking they decided to go and see for themselves. Upon arriving the found nothing. No budgies whatsoever, the cage was completely empty, but the feed that my mum left was gone as well.
How the hell can 200 budgies just disappear? No one was quite sure. They checked the avairy 50 times over and there were absolutely no spots were the birds could escape. The cage may have been old but it was sturdy.
To this day she was no idea what happened to them and she never saw them again.
Event 6: On the subject of animals, there was also another spooky creature on this property, but this time is wasn't a bird. It was a horse. Every time my mum would open up the gates to get onto the property, this grey-coloured horse would be waiting for her in the driveway, and when she got out it would start attacking her. Biting, kicking, everything. With a look of complete evil and rage in it's eyes. The only thing that she had to defend herself was a stick.
It wasn't just when she was entering the property either. Leaving the property? The horse would be there. Leaving the house? The horse would be there. Walking up to the mansion? The horse would be there. Even if the horse was 3 paddocks away, it would somehow make it's way into the driveway in a matter of seconds. She still wonders how that was even possible, considering the fencing was perfectly fine.
To make things even weirder, Just like the budgies it was in perfect condition, but no one even looked after it. Oh, and the owners didn't own this horse, and no one in the area owned this horse either.
Just another mystery that was never solved.

This is only about half of the experiences she had, but I'll leave them until another post since I don't want this post to be to long. I'm actually really excited about tell you guys the rest of them because they get really creepy after this point.

As the thread turned a creepy stories compilations, I'll tell my two experiences

1)Last year I was at the beach house with my brother. We heard noises downstairs. We thought it was someone assaulting the house, but we went to see what was happening. Even because if we wanted to run out, we would have to go to the first floor.

My brother went to look, and I was behind him, scared to death. He spoke in my ear to go to the kitchen because he saw a shadow. I left running and and so did he. I closed the door behind us as he opened the window for us to jump. The door is glazed and I fuck saw the shadow too. When we skip the window, pulled off running through the back gate, and we ask for help to the neighbor.

She entered our house with her husband, but there wasn't nothing, and everything was in place. If it was a thief, he would have stolen at least something with all that noise, and no person would have left so fast through the front door, otherwise we would have seen. We called to police, anyway, but nothing strange was found.

Even today my brother doesn't stay in that house alone, much less me.

2)I was with some friends on the farm here in the mountain. Everybody was drunk and it had rained the day before so no one had boots to walk through the mud, but even so we decided play hide-and-seek through the cornfield at night (yeah we are retards). One of our friends, the only sober and sane, decided to stay home.

There was a hole in the middle of planting, and I warned everybody "be careful to not fall there". And what happened? Practically everyone fell except me and two friends. We were still playing hide and seek and we didn't have been found yet. It turns out we heard them screaming for help to get out. The hole was not deep, but as they were drunk, so couldn't climb.

Also the screams were far and I couldn't see where it came from. Then we realized that we were lost and we began to freak out. We walk, walk, and couldn't find the exit or go back where we were. After trying , we got tired, and we were just standing, waiting for the sunrise, or the drunkenness go away .
Then suddenly we hear a male voice in the middle of cornfields saying "Go that way , girls". And I saw the hand pointing the way, and the top of his head. As planting is high, we couldn't see anything else.
We got where our friends were, and at that moment we thought that the one who had helped us , was our friend who possibly got bored by staying home alone and decided enjoy us.

But when we arrived at the cabin, he was asleep, snoring. We woke him, and he said he had never left the house. Then we asked the family who took care of the farm, they were an old married couple with two daughters. None was in the cornfield at night. No one else lives in the neighborhoods.
It may even be that wasn't something supernatural, but anyway, it was very creepy.

As you wish :D

Today I'll be talking about my mum's experiences as I find them really interesting. In the early 90's she brought a house in Sutton Forest, New South Wales.
This house was located on a large block of land which also had a larger mansion-ish house built on it. In the early 1900s this mansion was occupied by a wealthy family. The smaller house that my mother lived in was home to the gatekeeper of the property, and also his family.

Here are some links to images of the houses that I found on google:
The Gatekeeper's house - The one that my mum lived in.
The Mansion/Large house
Obviously both homes have been done-up since my mum moved out, and the gatekeepers home is now used as a honeymoon holiday house kinda thing.

Now for a bit of backstory on the gatekeeper and his home. He had a wife and 2 daughters, one a few years older than the other. While giving birth to the second child, his wife died, therefore leaving him alone to look after his two daughters. Over a course of years the gatekeeper grew more and more saddened by his wife's death. Eventually he had had enough and killed both of his daughters, and then took his own life not long after.
I know you think I'm making this shit up, but trust me this is what happened. How did my mum find out you ask? By reading books on the history of the area.
Anyway I'm sure that really bored you, so I'll get on with the experiences now. I'll try my best to do them in the order my mum said they happened.

EVENTS - PART 1

Event 1: As soon as my mum moved into the house she new something was off about it. She felt like she was constantly being watched, the upper floor of the house was deathly cold, and it just had an overall eerie feeling to it.
Event 2: Her first actual experience. One day she was in the kitchen baking treats for a bakery she worked at. While cooking she heard a girl just outside the front door (keep in mind it was right next to the kitchen) laughing and singing, and playing what sounded like hopscotch, as she could here a stone being thrown. So my mum opens up the door to see who the hell it was, only to find nothing. Obviously she is a bit weirded out but continues doing her cooking. Then she hears it again. Opens the door. Nothing. Starts cooking, hears it again. Opens the door….. you get the point. Eventually she just ignored it and after about an hour it just went way.
She also said that this same thing happened to her numerous times.
Event 3: My mum had just come home from work and found their cat, Oscar, in the lounge-room. She decided to put him outside for the night, so she took him to the front door and let him out. After doing that she made her way into the kitchen and upon entering she found Oscar, perched up on the sink with a look on his face like "WTF just happened?" My mum was also shocked. She had only just let him out and she was positive that she had locked all the windows and doors previously, so she went around house and re-checked them . Yep, all locked tight. What makes this experience even weirder is, like I said before, the door is literally only a few feet from the kitchen, a quick 2 second walk. If Oscar did happen to have sneaked back through the front door she would have seen him for sure.
Event 4: My mum decided to walk up to the mansion one day. Like the gatekeeper's house, this mansion also had a very creepy, feels-like-your-being-watched feeling to it. Anyway while looking inside the house she saw things moving around. People. This was mostly seen in the upper stories of the house where she could see, very clearly, people staring down at her from the window. She can't remember what exactly they looked like, but she can remember than one of them was a woman. Keep in mind that his mansion hadn't been entered in years and the owners of the property (who lived in Sydney at the time) had the only known key to the house.
Also it's worth noting that this wasn't a one-time-only experience, every time she visited the mansion she would see these people.
Event 5: Also takes place near the mansion. On the first day she visited it she noticed a massive bird avairy near the back of mansion, in the backyard basically. In this avairy were over healthy 200 budgies, some fluttering around and others perched on the bars of the cage. Mum found this odd as no one ever visited the mansion, and the owners would only come down every few months. So how were these birds so healthy?
She gave them some seed and told everyone else to come up and have a look (I probably should have mentioned this before but her sister, her sister's daughter, and a friend of hers were also living with her in the same house. Whoops, well now you know I guess) to make sure she wasn't imagining them. Nope, everyone else saw them to and they were just as puzzled. Eventually everyone shrugged it off.
A couple of weeks later the owners of the property came out to see how things were going, and that's when mum remembered to budgies. After talking about the budgies, the owners looked at her confused and said "We don't have any budgies. That avairy hasn't been used in years and years". Of course my mum tried to convince the owner that their were budgies in there, so instead of talking they decided to go and see for themselves. Upon arriving the found nothing. No budgies whatsoever, the cage was completely empty, but the feed that my mum left was gone as well.
How the hell can 200 budgies just disappear? No one was quite sure. They checked the avairy 50 times over and there were absolutely no spots were the birds could escape. The cage may have been old but it was sturdy.
To this day she was no idea what happened to them and she never saw them again.
Event 6: On the subject of animals, there was also another spooky creature on this property, but this time is wasn't a bird. It was a horse. Every time my mum would open up the gates to get onto the property, this grey-coloured horse would be waiting for her in the driveway, and when she got out it would start attacking her. Biting, kicking, everything. With a look of complete evil and rage in it's eyes. The only thing that she had to defend herself was a stick.
It wasn't just when she was entering the property either. Leaving the property? The horse would be there. Leaving the house? The horse would be there. Walking up to the mansion? The horse would be there. Even if the horse was 3 paddocks away, it would somehow make it's way into the driveway in a matter of seconds. She still wonders how that was even possible, considering the fencing was perfectly fine.
To make things even weirder, Just like the budgies it was in perfect condition, but no one even looked after it. Oh, and the owners didn't own this horse, and no one in the area owned this horse either.
Just another mystery that was never solved.

This is only about half of the experiences she had, but I'll leave them until another post since I don't want this post to be to long. I'm actually really excited about tell you guys the rest of them because they get really creepy after this point.
Anxious to know the rest of the story

Last edited:
In Judaism, we do believe in the concept of עולם הבא, pronounced Olam HaBah, which means the World to Come.
As the name implies, this is the afterlife. As far as the idea of ghosts goes, Judaism believes in the spirit, or soul, being eternal and that even after death, the soul carries on in the afterlife.

When someone dies, there is an intense 7 day mourning period following the funeral called Shiva, which comes from the Hebrew word, שבע, pronounced Sheva, which means seven. During that time, it is said that part of the departed's soul lingers in the house of mourning, and there is a custom to cover all the mirrors in the house so that the spirit will not see itself. It is customary to do Torah learning on behalf of the departed person during the Shiva period and during the anniversary of the person's death, known as a Yortzeit. Whenever some words of Torah or good deed is done in the name of the departed individual, it is said that the נשמה, pronounced Neshama, has an עליה, pronounced Aliyah. This basically means that the person's soul rises, not from the dead, but in Olam HaBah.

As far as in person encounters go, those would usually occur in dreams, which I suppose isn't in person. There are a few stories in my family of people dreaming about dead relatives who give them a message of comfort.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom