• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Gigantamax: Your Top 5

Reaction score
Hi friends! Title says it all: what are your top five picks that you want to get a Gigantamax Form in gen 8?

I know there’s a thread for speculating on the mechanic already, but I figured one dedicated to who you most want to see couldn’t hurt. Feel free to speculate on how your top 5 would turn out, I’m curious!

Have fun! ...Or don’t, I’m not the fun police

~My list:

1. Wailord: #basic but you’re lying if you say you aren’t curious
  2. Flygon: Got jipped out of a Mega and deserves justice
  3. Slowking/Froslass: Cheating, I know, but pretty rude that their other evos got Megas and they didn’t
  4. Feraligatr: Refer to gen 3 backsprite
  5. Sunkern: Imagine how terrifying this would be.

1: Snorlax: All his fat turns to muscle
2: Aegislash: A sword dual wielding swords, thus tri wielding
3: Wailord: Sky whale
4: Bisharp: Best thing I can think of that can resemble Ultraman
5: Tyranitar: Godzilla, come on now.

Ledian
Beedrill
Flygon and I don't want them to scrap a gigantamax form if James got an artist block.
Raichu make it gorochu
Qwilfish ,it lost an evo and lost all kinds of focus

Butterfree (obviously) cuz Beedrill got that awesome mega and it got jipped.
Chimecho (assuming it's even in the game) because it's one of my favorites but it's garbage tbh.
Vanilluxe. Give me my giant Oscar's Mountain and let it be terrifying.

Honestly I just want Pokemon that I like to get fun things to use. Sick of OP trash getting all the extra boosts.

1.Lucario (my favorite pokemon and all..)
2.wailord for the memes
3.Chatot, he never got any love and i think the design can be pretty cool.
4.melmetal.. i hate the design. maybe with a big changes it can be somewhat ok
5.komala. if he didn't get an evolution at least give him something else.

1. Starmie-because it’s my favorite
  2. Heliolisk-another favorite of mine
  3. Flying-it deserved a mega so this can make up for it
  4. Dragonite-even though gen 1 gets the most stuff Dragonite never got a mega or special z-move and as the original pseudo legendary I think it deserves something.
  5. Minior-It would be interesting because f they took elements from both of its forms

I’m not sure I could limit my wish list to just 5, but I’ll list what comes to me off the top of my head.

1. Dhelmise - Gigantamax Dhelmise could bring the fan concept of a ghost ship evolution for Dhelmise to life in a way.
  2. Stakataka - Just imagine the palatial structure my alien tower baby could become with Gigantamaxing :lapras:
  3. Chandelure - I wonder how ornate this lovely thing could become?
  4. Klefki - same as above, especially since it‘s my favorite Kalos Pokémon!
  5. Trevenant - It would make an awesome giant tree ghost!

#1 Snorlax - My favorite, I always want it to get the latest toy. Still bummed it didn't get a mega, still pumped about Pulverizing Pancake.

#2 Rotom - Another of my favorites, I think there could be a lot of potential with the whole rotom form thing.

#3 Aegislash - More particularly I'd like different ones depending on if in Shield or Sword form.

#4 Mimikyu - Preferably with a change of costume based on another popular Pokemon

#5 Bisharp - Love chess. Could be a hyper defensive King if male and a hyper offensive Queen if female

1. Slaking - I'm a little biased, but if we're talkin' kaijus, we couldn't possibly leave out King Kong.
  2. Flygon - Obivious reasons
  3. Lanturn/Lumineon - Both are pretty underrated and rivals to one another, their focus on emitting light would make them great to look at too.
  4. Seismitoad - Also pretty under utilized, I can't think of a design but his G-Max moves could focus on sound and confusion.
  5. Wobbuffet - So the lad can surprise people with Shadow Tag and finally focus on offense with new G-Max moves. That, and I wanna see designs featuring the tail taking control.

Going with the Kaiju theme:

1- Tyranitar- Godzilla(obvious)
2- Hydreigon- King Ghidorah(again obvious)
3- Bisharp- Jet Jaguar/Pacific Rim Jaeger's
4- Dustox- Mothra(obvious)
5- Aerodactyl- Rodan(Obvious)
HM to Carracosta(Gamera)

i gotta say i'm sick and tired of these kinds of forms, and i'm especially not sold on gigantamaxing. that being said, i do have a list (in no particular order) of the ones i wanna see since we're doing this anyway:

1. arcanine, i would love a more "legendary" look
  2. the eeveelutions, cuz that would be interesting
  3. dunsparce, because dragon
  4. girafarig, cuz it's one of my favourite pokémon yet it gets no love
  5. johto starters, i feel like they're kinda useless compared to other starters nowdays

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom