• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Giovanni Shipping

Strangely, I support both Commandshipping and Diamondshipping.

Is that okay?

I used to be into Paishipping at one point, but now my top Gio pairing is Diamondshipping.

Strangely, I support both Commandshipping and Diamondshipping.

Is that okay?

That is fine LOL (in fact, it makes things even more interesting)

Do you have any personal theories/fanon on either pairing? I'm very interested to hear your take on it.

..I am slightly worried we may be gravedigging, though.. o_0;;

Uh....no, sadly. I just think it would be amusing and lulzy. And I've read quite a few fanfics for both ships.

I'm gonna say daydreamshipping just for lulz, plus the amount of times meowth pictured giovanni without a shirt on could be considered as a hint ;)

Ooh, Diamondshipping is my favorite, and the one I usually write, but I have been guilty of shipping Giovanni with Jessie and James (separately).

Ooh, Diamondshipping is my favorite, and the one I usually write, but I have been guilty of shipping Giovanni with Jessie and James (separately).

I didn't know you were still active in the fandom, phantomness! I've read most of your Giovanni fics and I really like them.

I ship Giovanni x Gold 24510528_m.jpg

In a story I'm working on, I paired Giovanni with Ariana. I portrayed them as Silver's parents. It's a non-marital relationship, though. The story has it that Ariana joined Team Rocket because she was sick of her obnoxious parents. They had money (though they were not born rich), and Ariana could not bear her parents' shallowness - plus the fact that they disapproved of Giovanni. (One strange thing that I included in the story was that I created a whole family tree for Ariana's family.)

Diamondshipping is my Gio OTP in the anime. I came up with three headcanons for it, with only one (the past!Diamondshipping version) being the slightest bit realistic given what we've seen of Giovanni, buuut I prefer the ones where they're still together. *is happy with her delusions of things that will never come to pass*

I also like Airshipping (Giovanni x Lawrence III/Jirarudan/Gelardan/however you choose to spell the name of the antagonist in the second movie), Amontilladoshipping (Giovanni x Hunter J), Commandshipping (Giovanni x Domino), and Researchshipping (Giovanni x Professor Sebastian, the guy from the Red Gyarados two-parter).
And Daydreamshipping is totally canon on Meowth's part.

In the games, I like Silverspawnshipping.
(One strange thing that I included in the story was that I created a whole family tree for Ariana's family.)
That's not odd, I made up one for Giovanni and one for Delia in my Diamondshipping headcanons. Er, maybe that is odd, but at least we're odd together in that respect. xD

I used to ship DiamondShipping back in the day, still kinda do though. It was mainly because I was one of the believers that Giovanni was Ash's dad, and seems to be one of the few likely candidates, and I still kinda do think that. Not like Ash is going to actually confront Giovanni anytime soon anyway.

Well, I prefer Diamondshipping as it may be canon based in the anime. ;)

Though I doubt he's Ash's dad... :p

Years ago when I was first exposed to the anime I supported Diamondshipping just because it amused me for awhile. xD

As far as the games are concerned I can picture Giovanni with Ariana... but it's difficult for me to see it work effectively. Not to say it can't happen... just look at how GameFreak seems to be hinting at that pairing... note how alike Silver's new hairstyle is to Ariana's in HG/SS? Crazy stuff right there.
eqqex1.jpg

Anyway, that pairing seems too typical or cliche in my personal opinion. It's using the idea that two individuals that share the same core values and love each other will result in perfect harmony, and it seems to work if you just picture Ariana and Giovanni. However, once you add Silver into the equation it's becomes 'murky' for me.

Here is how I view Ariana and Giovanni, they both work for Team Rocket and they both have seemly negative attitudes/ideals. So the equation in my head is this: - + -
Add Silver into the picture as an off-spring of their relationship and I'm assuming he was raised with the negative attitudes/ideals of both his parents... so the equation would now look like this: - + - = -.

That might work for some fans but for me I can't truly think of Silver as evil as his father... He states quite often in the games he hates Team Rocket and hates what they stand for, this doesn't make sense if both his parents were exposing him to Team Rocket and their negative values.

2jaajqc.png

Why I support InclemencyShipping (Giovanni X Lorelei) is because their relationship is unique. During the games their was a gap with both those characters between the R/G/B/Y and G/S/C games, Giovanni and Lorelei both went 'missing' and the players were introduced to Silver. Also Lorelei's FR/LG outfit shares a similar color palette to Silver's from the original G/S/C game. This can be a coincidence but I am denying that.

I think Silver needs one upstanding parent to instill in him the qualities he uses down the road to consider Team Rocket weak, and Lorelei fits that description. Even in FRLG after she has broken up with Giovanni and is harassed by Team Rocket, her response is telling, and very similar to Silver. Perhaps her stuffed animal secret is alluding to the greater secret of her as the mother to Silver, thus why she'd take time off from the Elite Four. Agatha I can understand with age, but Lorelei was in her prime and her disappearance in GSC was unexplained... so that for me is quite telling and why I support InclemencyShipping. This fanart also helped: Family Conflict by diichan on deviantART

This is after all a theory... a game theory.
Peace out Giovanni fans.

Last edited:
Dont ship him with particularly someone, as there's no hints of Giovanni personal life.

But would be interesting if Ariana were Silver's mother, and they had a past and complicated relationship... Or are still together, whatever...

I don't ship Giovanni with anyone but GiovanniXJessie sounds very interesting.I would love it to be an one sided canon from Giovanni's side because I ship Jessie with James.

Last edited:
I rarely ship for anything in pokemon but there is one situation I think of it's complicated lol

So I think of James and Jessie as a couple but Jessie being in love with Gio and He knows about it, Gio is in love with Delia (and being Ash's dad) But Delia is now with Oak.
And although I think James and Jessie should be with each other I think of James as Gay/Bi. But Defo Gio with Delia in the end.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom