• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Giovanni VS Ghetsis

Ghetsis by far, because he's just a complete asshole. The way he talked to N towards the end of the game was enough to earn him my vote as the worst parent in the Pokemon universe. Giovanni's no saint, but I have a hard time imagining him talk down to Silver like Ghetsis did with N.

He feeding children to his hydreigon is kinda silly: it wouldn't be practical to try such a grandious scheme more than once.

But otherwise I agree with all that. Giovanni might be guilty of parental abandonment, but abusive? Perhaps in the passive sort of "I have no son" way... which leads to Silver just being a venomous jerk, ultimately wanting to be strong because of that.

But Ghetsis? Not only he didn't care about N, he was a plaything for him. He wasn't even a human being to him, just a tool for his scheme. He actively RAISED him for his plans.
Heck, in the endgame he wasn't disappointed with N not being good, no, he was disappointed with N not being useful to him!

Last edited:
Ghetsis was just pure Evil for what he did to N, as he brought him up just to use him for his own selfish plan for world domination and in doing so ultimately betrayed N taking away his purpose for living. Giovanni was just a cold calculating man and a dead beat father so what?

Last edited:
While Giovanni simply abandoned Silver, Ghetsis is far worser, as he isolated his son and used him as a tool to complete his plans.
And he has the most ridiculous outfit evah.

The only incarnation of Giovanni that could give any incarnation of Ghetsis a run for his money is the anime incarnation. He doesn't just run a gang, he runs a freaking super mafia.

But that's only a run. Anime!Giovanni can in no way be a worse human being than any incarnation of Ghetsis. Ghetsis is a spineless bastard who takes the fullest advantage of others for his own gain. He outright states he enjoys the despair of others. For Ghetsis, the world revolves around him and his interests.

Giovanni is better for the following reasons:

1. That Ghetsis bloke is a dirty feral hippie. Get a haircut you hippie. And wtf is with the green hair?
FL_Giovanni.png

Now there's a haircut you can set your watch to.

2. Ghetsis is an attention seeking git. wtf is he wearing? Why are there eyes on his stupid robe thing? wtf is that brown thing? Why is he wearing a red monocle? What a wanker.
3. What sort of a name is ghetsis anyway.

Ghetsis isn't even his Dad, the game hints that he just found N and molded him, at best there may have been an adoption.

Giovanni isn't necesarily evil, he's just a crime boss trying to make money through Pokemon. He obviously raised Silver normally up until the point of his departure to Kanto as Silver seems initially close and really upset about his father leaving. Also he may not have wanted to leave Silver, but with the cops on your tail and the knowledge your probably going to be sleeping rough for a while, in a cave, you probably would feel your child is better off without you. He may have had Silver's interests at heart when he fled.

Now Ghetsis, isn't even N's father, he's just adopted or not even that in my opinion. But he isolated N from normal people, twisted his outlook on life, and used him and exploited him, Giovanni never exploited Silver to our knowledge. Also Ghetsis shows he doesn't care about N and was merely using him. The emotional scarring N carries will probably be with him for life, and he was made to work for the evil side. Silver despite the initial act of theft at Elm's Lab, (which was only because he really wanted one, its not uncommon for little kids to steal stuff they think they will never have) never commits any other misdemeanor in fact he fights against the bad guys so clearly didn't turn out all that bad.

Ghetsis isn't even his Dad, the game hints that he just found N and molded him, at best there may have been an adoption.

Now Ghetsis, isn't even N's father, he's just adopted or not even that in my opinion. But he isolated N from normal people, twisted his outlook on life, and used him and exploited him, Giovanni never exploited Silver to our knowledge. Also Ghetsis shows he doesn't care about N and was merely using him. The emotional scarring N carries will probably be with him for life, and he was made to work for the evil side. Silver despite the initial act of theft at Elm's Lab, (which was only because he really wanted one, its not uncommon for little kids to steal stuff they think they will never have) never commits any other misdemeanor in fact he fights against the bad guys so clearly didn't turn out all that bad.

How do you know if Ghetsis isn't N's real father? I mean - just look at them. N looks exactly like Ghetsis...

Ghetsis, because he was far more interesting and had way more of a role. I may not like his design much (what IS with that weird get-up?), but unlike boring Giovanni, he showed up several times, he's more challenging to beat (that damn Hydreigon almost wiped my team out), he's the final battle in the main story instead of the champion, and he had far more interesting intentions.

Best Battles (In Terms of Difficulty and Variety) : Ghetsis
Best Plot: Ghetsis
In Terms of Actual Kindness: Giovanni
If they battled to the death: Ghetsis

I vote Ghetsis.

Ghetsis by far.
He was evil, had a good design, had good team and had a good evil team.

Giovanni was a dull character and team rocket was a big big failure.
Tough I really like his outfit.

Psh. Cyrus, Evice and SpoilersForRanger2Removed are the only way to go.
.....WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT'S NOT AN OPTION?! D:

I'd say Ghetsis. Sure, Giovanni was callous and neglectful, but he probably didn't bear Silver any real ill will (at least, that's how interpreted it). While it's never said if Ghetsis physically or psychologically abused N (despite what the fan-fic writers say), he did psychologically dominate and control N. What's worse; neglect or domination of a child?

well, as far as bad parents go, Ghetsis, hands down. while Gio left his son, he did seem to regret it, and Ghetsis showed no regrets and knew darn well just what he is doing.

Giovanni is epicer, but Ghetsis sucked at being a father.

I feel sorry for N and silver, them being 2 of my favourite characters.

IMO Ghetsis isn't N's actual father, so that's probably one of the major reasons he doesn't feel towards him.

Ghetsis, I love his battle theme, especially in the sequels, and he is actually challenging in battle, although I disliked how his team has been weakened in B2/W2.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom